Jul 4, 2019
Elora
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray
Province
ON
Hi, I know this topic has been discussed many times. I'm almost ready to put the car away for the winter but I live in a condo and park underground, so my first question is should I use fuel stabilizer? Secondly would it be advisable to just go down into the underground and start it up and let it run for 10 minutes or so once a week? Sorry but i'm just a rookie at this.

I am parked right beside my locker and have an outlet in there, I purchased a NOCO 2,000AMP Boost for whenever needed but I guess it's easier to just get the maintainer and plug it in. I also have a cover. I just have to make sure that the door will allow the cable from the maintainer to go underneath it without damaging it.

Ok, I see them on amazon, is it better to get one there or gm?
There are lots of good maintainers out there. GM has the one with the C7 badge on it but you pay a premium for it. I have 6 different maintainers and none of them have ever let me down. Closing the rer hatch on the wire won't hurt it a bit and drape acloth over the fender to avoid any chaffing on the fender paint.

Canadian Tire might have a CTEK (or similar) that will be a match with that back hatch adaptor ...
Something that can be purchased today ...

The corvette logo "battery protection package" was a $115 option in 2017.
As with the GM car covers … seems options have increased in price even though for the same thing.

So the option in the message above would be good if priced well.

• Agree
Reactions: Roughrider and tyho
I'm surprised a 2019 came to Toronto without the maintenance option.
Here's a bit of a sale. (I've saved buying here).
Screenshot_20191027-180320.jpg

I am parked right beside my locker and have an outlet in there, I purchased a NOCO 2,000AMP Boost for whenever needed but I guess it's easier to just get the maintainer and plug it in. I also have a cover. I just have to make sure that the door will allow the cable from the maintainer to go underneath it without damaging it.
Better to put the maintainer on and keep the battery up to snuff rather than let it drain down. You don't know what that will do to the battery. I wouldn't start and run the engine because you won't run it long enough to warm both it and the exhaust system sufficiently to get rid of moisture. Plus your neighbours would probably complain if you ran it for a half hour. IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: Roughrider
Canadian Tire has these for $50.
Often on sale for 20% off.
Top rated.
Don't need to spend more.
Inflate tires to 40-50#.
No need to place anything under them.
Don't run it in the condo parking.
Carbon monoxide ain't good.
I'd cover it but don't over worry about it.
Have a good winter til the robins are back.

1572271268557.png

Attachments

• 1572271243748.png
    1572271243748.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 36
Canadian Tire has these for $50.
Often on sale for 20% off.
Top rated.
Don't need to spend more.
Inflate tires to 40-50#.
No need to place anything under them.
Don't run it in the condo parking.
Carbon monoxide ain't good.
I'd cover it but don't over worry about it.
Have a good winter til the robins are back.

View attachment 33019
I have one of those too. Works fine but mine didn't come with a cig lighter style connector. That's the best way to hook up to your C7. JMO

Yes the cig lighter style connector is the best, easy peasy plug it in. I wonder where you could get a cig. style adapter and just replace the clothes peg type clamps ?
No need to lose any cables......don't chop them off.
The Deltran Junior works perfect. I kept motorcycles on mine for years and it brought back a neglected truck battery several times).
All you need is one of these, which are likely available at Cdn Tire, and wherever electrical stuff is sold.

Screenshot_20191028-112412.jpg

Reactions: Roughrider
1572277469444.png
Get one of these and an extension.
"Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug "
Attach to battery terminal.
Thread to grill area of Vette.
Only about $15 and sold at many places including amazon
Easy simple and don't need to open car door or plug in cig lighter!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.