OK good morning it is Spring already!! LoL

One thing to remember for the first runs in the spring is to take it somewhat easy on the throttle with older gas with stabilizer in it. Run the tank down and fill up with fresh gas for best results. Please store this information in the right foot file.

OK good morning it is Spring already!! LoL

One thing to remember for the first runs in the spring is to take it somewhat easy on the throttle with older gas with stabilizer in it. Run the tank down and fill up with fresh gas for best results. Please store this information in the right foot file.
Thanks for the reminder

Over inflate the tires by 3-5lbs.
1/4 tank gas
Place tires on something to cradle the tires to prevent flatting (but not always the case)
Disconnect the battery and forget it.
Much rather disconnect that leave an electrical item plugged in for extended time. Why plug it in when you can simply disconnect it and leave it.
(This could be the retired firefighter in me saying this)
"Spring"
In the spring charge it for a couple of days.
Start car and fill with fresh gasoline.
Drive.
Smile.
Be Happy that this was so easy
20191025_084722.jpg

Oh yeah, I do have the battery maintainer, but only use it when I don't plan on driving the car within the week.
Once again. "I am not a fan of leaving an electrical device plugged in for an extended period of time.

Oh yeah, I do have the battery maintainer, but only use it when I don't plan on driving the car within the week.
Once again. "I am not a fan of leaving an electrical device plugged in for an extended period of time.
My storage is unheated. I discovered a maintained battery wont freeze-die. This after loosing 2 not-maintained batteries in a stored Pontiac. Costly lesson learned.
Heated garage would come with a different strategy but I’m not there at this time.
Learning to save $ by performing a dry-sump oil renew in my C7s tops the list first. Starting with ... no garage clutter.

i do understand the “fire-fighter” storage plan however on a much different note as I am at the planning stage of construction to avoid flame potential and spread. Knowing a bit pretty much means purpose-only and not cheap nor altered maintainers for me.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: hemicat
My storage is unheated. I discovered a maintained battery wont freeze-die. This after loosing 2 not-maintained batteries in a stored Pontiac. Costly lesson learned.
Heated garage would come with a different strategy but I’m not there at this time.
Learning to save $ by performing a dry-sump oil renew in my C7s tops the list first. Starting with ... no garage clutter.

i do understand the “fire-fighter” storage plan however on a much different note as I am at the planning stage of construction to avoid flame potential and spread. Knowing there will purpose-only and not cheap nor altered maintainers for me.
Spence, your right with the frozen battery scenario. Non heated garage poses new challenges. Attached garages to house's will maintain some heat. Free standing garages can get very cold.
I'm defiantly not stating that disconnecting the battery is the only option. Each individual case is unique. I know that Derek stores his vette in a different location and leaves his plugged in for the winter season.
My statement is "If possible"
What ever works as all cases are different.
Remember " Its only a option"
Cheers

Reactions: YFCvii
Spence, your right with the frozen battery scenario. Non heated garage poses new challenges. Attached garages to house's will maintain some heat. Free standing garages can get very cold.
I'm defiantly not stating that disconnecting the battery is the only option. Each individual case is unique. I know that Derek stores his vette in a different location and leaves his plugged in for the winter season.
My statement is "If possible"
What ever works as all cases are different.
Remember " Its only a option"
Cheers
Definitely agreed. Was pretty much only adding an option myself and with an understanding of the thought of having an electrical debice plugged in 24/7. My battery freeze loses occurred on two brutally cold stretches where my attached uninsulated garage with no living space above was as cold inside as it was out. Even wet running shoes that i left in the garage, froze to the concrete 😂 and I have since been permitted to have a “warm spot” inside for my “work shoes”.

Nevertheless, the full time energized maintainer is a serious concern if it is not in excellent condition and if it is positioned in or around clutter. Last thing I want to read about is a maintainer fire (or quite frankly, any fire at all).

My boat batteries are inside and maintained for about 24hrs every couple of months - otherwise sit in enclosed battery boxes so that nothing can contact the terminals. So far, so good.

Meanwhile in the garage. During a Chinook, I might uncover and sit in my Corvette for a bit ... so the battery is needed on those few days and thinking a large screen TV on the wall in front might not be a bad idea too 😂

Last edited:
1. Last year for me I just unhooked battery and stored it in my basement. Hooked it to Vette in spring and started right up.
2. The Costco near me has Battery Tender charger/maintainers for $50. Killer deal.

1. Last year for me I just unhooked battery and stored it in my basement. Hooked it to Vette in spring and started right up.
2. The Costco near me has Battery Tender charger/maintainers for $50. Killer deal.
That is a good deal. I have 6 battery tenders going in the winter for everything from my Vette, tractor, skidsteer, hunting truck and ATV, RV, etc. They are all different make and cost me from $ 35.00 to $120.00. They all work fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.