Good on u for driving it... bring it to winterpeg. i have a lifted raptor and some mornings i am pushing show with my front bumper till i get to the main plowed roads .. lol

Now that's a useful suggestion and must admit something I hadn't thought of-Do you think it is safe to assume that the car as provided by dealer has all weather type windshield washer fluid??

I honestly couldn’t say. Perhaps someone on this forum knows the answer or how to check the fluid currently present
There is a windshield washer fluid tester made for this purpose. Looks much like an anti freeze tester but is designed for washer fluid. Amazon has them for sale but they aren't especially cheap.

Now that's a useful suggestion and must admit something I hadn't thought of-Do you think it is safe to assume that the car as provided by dealer has all weather type windshield washer fluid??
They always provide winter washer fluid. I bet even for Florida as it has cleaners in it.

Funny story, we replaced a guys washer fluid once with chocolate milk. ‘Nuff said….

I customized my 79 short box chevy, back when.
One of the things I added was an extra washer bottle, with a hose that ran to a spigot under the dash. It saw a lot of different beverages, no chocolate milk though.

I`ve been driving my C5 through every winter over the past decade it is familiar with the terrain from the maritimes to almost Alaska.

For the mid-engine, I would recommend studs on the front due to the expected understeer as a result of the skewed weight distribution. My C5 has a 50/50 WD so it is very balanced in its slides when traction is lost (assuming that the accelerator is used appropriately to accomodate TCS lag).

The most important changes are finding the right tires. You will inevitably encounter some concerns around coolant, charge voltage, octane, oil viscosity index, even in a perfectly functioning vehicle.

With a good set of snows and driving in weather mode I have never gotten stuck once.View attachment 89192
I get that some people, depending on where they live, CAN use their C8s in the winter, and I don't mean to reopen debate, but I really am curious as to why. I HATED to pussyfoot my M6 when I had one, and every other sports car I ever owned. If it looked like it was going to be a rainy day they never left the garage. I drive a Jeep in the winter, with snow tires on and a 5.7l under the hood, and I love to drive it. The worse the weather, the more fun to be had.

Do we not like the best performance possible, when possible? Help me to understand this paradox ;)

Understanding the reasons why people do what they do is somewhat beyond the scope of the discussion.

Long before I bought my Corvette, I invested in my first Spectrum Analyzer that had an MSRP that was a little higher than a fully loaded Porsche 928.

I get that some people, depending on where they live, CAN use their C8s in the winter, and I don't mean to reopen debate, but I really am curious as to why. I HATED to pussyfoot my M6 when I had one, and every other sports car I ever owned. If it looked like it was going to be a rainy day they never left the garage. I drive a Jeep in the winter, with snow tires on and a 5.7l under the hood, and I love to drive it. The worse the weather, the more fun to be had.

Do we not like the best performance possible, when possible? Help me to understand this paradox ;)
Why would I want to drive a truck (jeep) when I could drive a car?
I hate trucks and I don't understand the desire to drive one as a daily unless you're in construction etc.
IMO performance of a jeep (truck) is only realized in a few commutes a year. I always had a ton of fun with my M6 Camaro SS in the snow as well as the dry.
Of course the C8 is a different beast and I hate washing it with all the nooks and crannies which is why I won't drive it too often in bad weather, but it's for that reason only.
I have a front wheel drive car for those days.
Different strokes etc.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
All Corvette owners should take advantage of the icy roads in order to cycle the ABS actuators and circulate the brake fluid. Further to this, it is the only practical way to fully test TCS for reliability and no intermittent failure. It will also identify other near end-of-life components such batteries, valvetrain, gaskets, etc.

The vehicle has an aluminum chassis and composite body, anyone else`s daily driver will deteriorate more from winter.

All Corvette owners should take advantage of the icy roads in order to cycle the ABS actuators and circulate the brake fluid. Further to this, it is the only practical way to fully test TCS for reliability and no intermittent failure. It will also identify other near end-of-life components such batteries, valvetrain, gaskets, etc.

The vehicle has an aluminum chassis and composite body, anyone else`s daily driver will deteriorate more from winter.

Sheesh... Now I'm gonna see 6000 CCF member's Corvettes on the icy roads this winter.... Tis alright though. At sale time I will be the only one that can advertise 'garaged every winter'..... lol....

Nope. There will be two…..
make that 3…😂
AE68C688-03CA-4D8D-9945-38001F104C97.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.