DCV1

Casual User
Sep 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Lt3 Z51 HTC
Province
ON
I just had Alpin P4A winter tires installed on my 2021 Z51HTC and ACS Rock Guards. Car is Lifetime Ceramic Coated. So other than putting it in "Weather" mode is there anything I need to set up in the car or do??? I am one of the fortunate ones in that I only have to go out when I chose so even thought he car has all the lips and skirts I just won't go out if it is heavy snow-also has front lift. Any advice for my first winter??

What he said ^^
Why let a car you love sit around doing nothing when you can enjoy it almost 365 days a year
I would hate to restart the ”to store or not to store” debate… :) BUT, I still have my first sports car I bought in 1994. It has over 300000KM and is bone solid rust free car.

Reactions: Driver_WT
I would hate to restart the ”to store or not to store” debate… :) BUT, I still have my first sports car I bought in 1994. It has over 300000KM and is bone solid rust free car.
Ya, kind of hijacked the thread. Before I get it back on track, I thought we were going to have our 1998 and 2000 Camaros till we died, but then GM threw a big wrench in there and created the C8. The 98 was rust free and the 2000 was only a little rusty underneath and they both sold only $2k apart. Not saving any car for the next guy ever again so I bought a Non Z51 with A/S tires and intend to drive it whenever the weather is nice. These cars are built with winter driving in mind, so that's what we'll do. No need to do anything other than put snows on it if you intend on driving it daily rain, snow, sleet or rain. Once the weather starts warming again and corrosion gets active you can take a pressure washer to the underneath and clean the salt if you wish to.

Ya, kind of hijacked the thread. Before I get it back on track, I thought we were going to have our 1998 and 2000 Camaros till we died, but then GM threw a big wrench in there and created the C8. The 98 was rust free and the 2000 was only a little rusty underneath and they both sold only $2k apart. Not saving any car for the next guy ever again so I bought a Non Z51 with A/S tires and intend to drive it whenever the weather is nice. These cars are built with winter driving in mind, so that's what we'll do. No need to do anything other than put snows on it if you intend on driving it daily rain, snow, sleet or rain. Once the weather starts warming again and corrosion gets active you can take a pressure washer to the underneath and clean the salt if you wish to.
I applaud you for having the guts, I can’t bring myself to do it.

Maybe it's different in Ontario but we have an ever increasing population of people who have no clue how to drive at all, let alone in the winter. Even if I was inclined to take my baby out in the winter, there's no way I would trust that sooner or later, someone is going to rear end me or slide through an intersection into me. One thing to get a sports car exposed to bad weather, another thing entirely to have it smashed up by some novice driver idiot... JMO

Maybe it's different in Ontario but we have an ever increasing population of people who have no clue how to drive at all, let alone in the winter. Even if I was inclined to take my baby out in the winter, there's no way I would trust that sooner or later, someone is going to rear end me or slide through an intersection into me. One thing to get a sports car exposed to bad weather, another thing entirely to have it smashed up by some novice driver idiot... JMO
Summer driving is rapidly moving in that direction…

There’s a reason why several of the jurisdictions in Ontario have the highest insurance rates in Canada. Once the weather turns foul the 14 year old 4Runner becomes my primary means of transportation. Built like a tank! The thoroughbred sleeps for the next 5 months.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Heh gang. The question was NOT whether to drive yourC8 in the winter but rather hints and advice on car prep and settings to do so. Please don’t highjack the thread and rehash already well discussed topics

Now that's a useful suggestion and must admit something I hadn't thought of-Do you think it is safe to assume that the car as provided by dealer has all weather type windshield washer fluid??

Heh gang. The question was NOT whether to drive yourC8 in the winter but rather hints and advice on car prep and settings to do so. Please don’t highjack the thread and rehash already well discussed topics
DCV1 - Been winter driving my C7 with Alpin tires for 3 winters now - other than the mentioned windshield washer there is nothing to do different - just keep enjoying it. If you have the luxury of washing it in your own garage - great. Otherwise find a good hand wash guy in your area. I have used the pressure wash booths but much prefer to spend a few bucks on a local hand wash guy.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Some good useful hints and suggestions-thank you. Do you winter drivers typically just set mode to “Weather” and leave it there until snow tires come off?

I use Tour mode most days in winter but switch to Weather when the roads have some snow or are wet with slush. You will get the 'feel' of it after a while. I also use Weather mode in summer during heavy rains. When you get a fresh snowfall, take your car to an empty parking lot and practice sliding and turning and best of all, doing donuts. Doing that will give you a really good feel for how the car reacts and how easy it is to control. Have fun - be safe!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.