how much for A c7 with hud in protective boxing
He has whatever his supplier has,probably same supplier that supplies all the glass shops in Calgary.
His business is heavy trucks doing semi windshields but has been doing all glass for 20yrs.
Why would you want it in protective boxing?
Not sure if aftermarket is packaged like that.

I do know that it cost me $325 for my C6 and my pickup is going to be $187 installed.

Kevin’s business is Heavyhaul Glass.
Best to text or email.
He is very busy and does most side work on weekends.
He runs his vehicle glass business out of his big cube van as a mobile glass man specializing in semi trucks.
So there no one around to answer the phone.
Text or email him your vehicle info and he will get back to you.

I’m sure after using his services once he will be your windshield guy.
He did treat my car as though it was his.

Where I work he has changed our windshields in our semis for a few years.
He is very professional and is great for conversation as he works.

403-477-1265
Email is [email protected]

I have glass insurance but would want the windshield in 2 by 2 or so frame to store for a few years

then take the glass insurance off and just replace it in,time

Or sell the windshield for 1000 bucks in 6 years, as an investment
There really is no need to go through all that as these are Kevin’s regular prices.
We have been using him for at least five years at work.
With a fleet of 25 trucks we go through windshield’s.
Chances are if you need glass in five years it will be cheaper.
Just my thoughts.
Also I once had a insurance company cancel my insurance for to many claims,it was just a couple of windshield’s over a year.
Cheers

I have glass insurance but would want the windshield in 2 by 2 or so frame to store for a few years

then take the glass insurance off and just replace it in,time

Or sell the windshield for 1000 bucks in 6 years, as an investment
I’m sure he will sell you a piece of glass if you want to go that way but you would probably have to crate it up yourself.

Well I was so happy with my new glass on my Corvette I have Kevin coming over tomorrow to change the windshield on my and my wife’s pick up trucks and do a neighbour’s 3 vehicles
At 175 each for our two trucks I’m looking forward to seeing the road through clear glass.
Give Kevin a call or text if you need a windshield.
Cheers

In June of 2019 I had the windshield replaced on my 2013 (no HUD).
Went with Speedy Glass here in Grande Prairie. Total bill was $454.85 ($425+ tax and disposal) I thought that was a decent price, was happy with job they did and the customer service.
It’s nice to hear about Kevin at Heavy Haul Auto Glass doing quality work, at a good price.
:Cheers2:

In June of 2019 I had the windshield replaced on my 2013 (no HUD).
Went with Speedy Glass here in Grande Prairie. Total bill was $454.85 ($425+ tax and disposal) I thought that was a decent price, was happy with job they did and the customer service.
It’s nice to hear about Kevin at Heavy Haul Auto Glass doing quality work, at a good price.
:Cheers2:
He did both of our pickup trucks at 175 each,great prices and service

Would it be possible to post or PM this fellas business contact number for referrals? I am in YYC.
I have a daily driver that needs a supply and install replacement ... even with my go-to place, I am still trying to decide on using insurance or not.
update:
Interesting to discover that my Auto Insurance has Comprehensive Glass Coverage included and that
a windshield replacement claim will not directly raise my coverage costs because it is comprehensive - apparently - we will see.
With a $250 outlay my HUD windshield claim is in progress now ...

Reason & most surprising was finding that the Make/Model years on 5 of 6 of my personal vehicle fleet qualifies for OEM windshield replacement coverage.
This means cost of the windshield does not matter and that we will get a GM OEM labelled replacement (where "GM" is in the black square on the windshield label)
No worry about "glass from china" regardless of where I get the replacement done. I remain at my "go to" place of course (as mentioned above).

Just thought I'd respond in this latest windshield thread that you should ask your insurance provider if your Comprehensive is for OEM windshield replacement coverage.

Got a reply back from Easy Auto Glass, to replace the windshield without HUD, $399.00, they aren’t able to source a HUD windshield.
That really is disappointing that all spec windshields are not easier to choose from and find. I know HUD would cost more but I’d rather it not be impossible to source … wow.

… probably in part why I see some new vehicles now having a different non-windshield way for HUD now which I am not completely sold on yet other than for windshield replacement costs.
163EC2B0-51DA-4626-8C1B-260BB7E5AB70.jpeg

Got a reply back from Easy Auto Glass, to replace the windshield without HUD, $399.00, they aren’t able to source a HUD windshield.
Just had my daily driver in with Easy Auto Glass for a GM dealer sourced insurance replacement. Sweet!
Had a very good up&up discussion with my good friend Dave with his appreciation of my recent windshield replacement referrals.
His Company is the leading independent in our Calgary Area - with most of the nearby the chain companies now "bad mouthing" Easy Auto Glass.
It is disappointing to see and hear this happening in that the chain-companies resort to
the "bad mouth" rather than putting in an effort for stepping up to the plateau of excellent product & service that an independent can do.

Yes, I inquired and he was able to source a C5 HUD on this day ... however ... not cheap.
These windshields are not a-dime-a-dozen and hit-and-miss with sourcing.
I think this windshield will run in the $1400 range as of now and
who knows where it will be at any one time. I kinda got the idea that Dave
was not keen on replacing a windshield that was not originally the spec
for a particular Corvette as he puts his integrity and Company's Name behind his work.
I do not speak for his Company however think he would do a non-HUD on a HUD factory Corvette
if the customer insisted on one. So please never hesitate to call this independent business.

Thinking this "hard to source" will become common with a few things in our future
as the c-gen Corvettes mature. I am already noticing C7 accessories
disappearing now with resale opportunities only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents