Nov 19, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Wondering what you all have done for window tinting? Type of tint? Tint percent? Etc

I’ll be bringing the sleeping beauty out of the garage this weekend and I’m looking for a tint shop so any suggestions in Ontario (prefer GTA) are much welcome!

20% sides to match factory tint
thumbnail_20200917_141950.jpg

The only problem I had with 15% on my C7 was at night in low street lighting and it was raining. You just have to learn to drive for the conditions. Will be doing it again on my C8.

I'm not from GTA area, but I tint everything, even my wife's rides now. I've had from 50-5% done on a variety of them, and I'm my opinion anything about 35% is a waste of money, 15-20% is probably the 'sweet zone' for those wanting dark but not to dark, and my preferred is limo 5%. It does impact driving at night somewhat, but I've had it that way for so long it doesn't even phase me anymore and driving at night is just fine.
I believe ONT is a little more strict than us here, so Id suggest 20%, police hardly will ever bother you with that % unless your driving like an idiot

My night vision ain't the best. With 25%, I have to roll down the windows when backing into spots in low light conditions.

I'm going to try 30% on the C8. I know 30% won't give me the privacy I am looking for in daylight, but I hate the insecurity of not being able to see at night.

My night vision ain't the best. With 25%, I have to roll down the windows when backing into spots in low light conditions.

I'm going to try 30% on the C8. I know 30% won't give me the privacy I am looking for in daylight, but I hate the insecurity of not being able to see at night.
You could always go 30% back and 20% on sides, on the C8 they glass on rear and sides it far enough away from each other no one would hardly notice, especially during the day when light shines through but would allow for at least a little more privacy on the sides.

Just a thought

30% still gives you the UV and heat reduction. With shaved edges the boys in blue leave you alone too! Good for night as well.

This brings to mind that I was just asked the question during my insurance renewal quote and adding a new vehicle last week on whether I had after market window tinting on any of the glass.
I answered no ... but I wonder where this question might be leading to in regards to the future of any accident claims and the adjuster - similar to being asked about having Winter Rubber or not and if a windshield crack is in the driver’s line of view.
Even that question of whether I have modified horsepower. Loss of any coverage after the fact would be concerning to me - especially if it involved an injury and a lawyer with an agenda. Yoikes !
I'm in AB and the tint question caught me off-guard ... quite frankly. I know tinting can get you a ticket in Saskatchewan. Sharing the awareness and that’s all ...

Last edited:
Did 15% on mine. Same as the headlights.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-11-03-12-32-40 2.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-11-03-12-32-40 2.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: wrxninja
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.