Anyone found a good way to remove scratches from these? Mine was with the car when I bought it and it's pretty scratched for whatever reason!

I'm guessing your restrictor is likely plexiglass. I have had good luck with other plexiglass and plastics using a 2000 grit wet sandpaper. If the scratches are really deep, you may have to start with a 600 grit or so... Make sure you keep it very wet. I soak my sandpaper in water overnight as well. Sand lightly with circular motions over the scratched area. Once you are happy the scratches are removed, it will look somewhat cloudy. This is where a good buffing compound comes into play. I use a mild scratch remover such as Mothers or Auto Glym. Finally, a polish (I use autoglym for this as well) to finish the job. (This also is my answer for scratched plastic sunglasses)... As with almost everything someone tells me, I also test ideas in a small spot first...lol....Good Luck....

I'm guessing your restrictor is likely plexiglass. I have had good luck with other plexiglass and plastics using a 2000 grit wet sandpaper. If the scratches are really deep, you may have to start with a 600 grit or so... Make sure you keep it very wet. I soak my sandpaper in water overnight as well. Sand lightly with circular motions over the scratched area. Once you are happy the scratches are removed, it will look somewhat cloudy. This is where a good buffing compound comes into play. I use a mild scratch remover such as Mothers or Auto Glym. Finally, a polish (I use autoglym for this as well) to finish the job. (This also is my answer for scratched plastic sunglasses)... As with almost everything someone tells me, I also test ideas in a small spot first...lol....Good Luck....
Great! Thanks a bunch !

Anyone found a good way to remove scratches from these? Mine was with the car when I bought it and it's pretty scratched for whatever reason!

This is what we used on helicopter windshields if the scratches were still within spec;

Micro-Mesh® Acrylic Plastic Hand Kits

Meguires also makes "Mirror Glaze" products in different compound grades specifically for polishing/cleaning/detailing plastic surfaces.

Reactions: ddgermann
IMG_0607.jpeg

Repeatguy..
Some deflectors have to be removed for the top up/down operation.
Some do not.
Mine in our ‘03 Vert needed to be removed so I made a flip-down feature.
It flips down, put up the top, then flip the deflector back up in place.
This way I don’t have to store it in the trunk.
07E12112-3438-4153-8B87-125EEDEA75B0.jpeg

484B7E56-783F-423B-8FBF-642A09FFF339.jpeg

Some of the plexi versions can stay in-place.
You should ask the manufacturers directly.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.