Welcome to the forum rb. Sorry I can't help ya with Vert knowledge but there's lots of experience here. While you're waiting, how about introducing yourself in the New Users section of the forum and we will definitely want to see pictures of your ride...:thumbs:

Welcome aboard robbob! I have a 2005 convertible and installed the wind restrict or 4 years ago. great purchase! makes cruising on the highway comfortable. cuts the turbulence and you can have a conversation at 110 kmph with your passenger. we can keep the roof down longer in the evening because it helps keep the warmth in the car. I bought ghe one with orange led lighting and it aches the car perfectly! Once I installed the restrict or my wife didn't have to wear a bubushka! (UKRAINIAN HEAD SCARF) I highly recommend it!
LIKE Rruuff day said introduce yourself!

Thanks, RockyPM, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear and more! My vette is straight out of the Prince song, so you know what colour I will get. Q. were you able to buy it from a Canadian supplier? Or from the U.S. and got it delivered?

Yes, I will introduce myself soon. Vette is in storage, though, so no chance to take photos that aren't on my phone.

Ah nice! I got mine from us supplier since the dollar was better a few years a few ago. I can pm you the dealer. they were very good as the first one was scratched and they sent me another. Good custmer service.

Ah nice! I got mine from us supplier since the dollar was better a few years a few ago. I can pm you the dealer. they were very good as the first one was scratched and they sent me another. Good custmer service.

Sure, sounds perfect. I live in Ottawa and could drive down to Ogdensburg, NY to pick it up. That's the "thing to do" around here.

I had a 03 C5 convertible and I ordered a wind restrictor from the USA: my son installed it for me: looked good (mine was clear), could put top up & down with no problem and did a good job of restricting wind turbulence in the cockpit. I did that and more - then, traded it in on a new C7.

I had a 03 C5 convertible and I ordered a wind restrictor from the USA: my son installed it for me: looked good (mine was clear), could put top up & down with no problem and did a good job of restricting wind turbulence in the cockpit. I did that and more - then, traded it in on a new C7.
I'm glad you had a good experience with yours. I had mine inscribed and lit plus I was tinted
Which made it very hard to see out the back window which also was tinted. And that was driving during the day.

Rob..
Did you order your wind restrict or yet..?
They are on at 10% off for a few days..

Corvette Wind Deflectors - Corvette Store Online

Corvette WindRestrictor Sale - 3 days!
Enter the code "WR" at checkout to receive a 10% savings on
any new WindRestrictor through Sunday, March 26th.
Check out the new
Coupe Version of the WindRestrictor® for the Corvette C7 & C5

Custom Etching - LED Lighting - Custom Upgrades

Graham

Rob..
Did you order your wind restrict or yet..?
They are on at 10% off for a few days..

Corvette Wind Deflectors - Corvette Store Online

Corvette WindRestrictor Sale - 3 days!
Enter the code "WR" at checkout to receive a 10% savings on
any new WindRestrictor through Sunday, March 26th.
Check out the new
Coupe Version of the WindRestrictor® for the Corvette C7 & C5

Custom Etching - LED Lighting - Custom Upgrades

Graham

Sweet! I haven't purchased anything yet. The "standard operating procedure" here in Ottawa when ordering from the US is to have it shipped to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY then drive down and pick it up. I've been waiting for the weather to improve sufficiently, so the drive is more pleasant (it's either too cold or too snowy - damn you, winter!). It also has the unfortunate effect of postponing taking my baby out of storage. It's like a bad ketchup commercial.

I can not understand why some of you are having a great experience with your Wind Restrictors, and I am not? Wind acts the same in a 2015 Stingray Vert. as any other?

Maybe some factors to consider;

- How tall are you?
- How much of a wind reduction are you really expecting?

- C7 aerodynamics differ vastly from C5. A such the "curl-over" point of the air past the windshield is probably different, and will proportionally affect the efficiency of the Restrictor.

Having been a Goldwing owner for several years, windshield height adjustment could make or break the experience for the passenger behind you. Making it comfortable for them meant adjusting the height of the windshield just so. Too low, they'd get buffeted from the front. Too high, they'd get it in the back of the helmet. I suppose that the Restrictor has been designed to cover as much of the "sweet spot" as possible, but naturally, there will always be exceptions. What might be working for C5's, might not be the best for C7's. Maybe you're just a really tall dude, and you can't get out of the slip stream.

As for my coupe, without it, the turbulence created within the rear compartment used to drive my wife bat-s**t crazy. There was no way in hell that we could ride on the highway without her having to wear a ball cap to keep her hair out of her face. Seriously... she'd have that 360 house of horrors hair thing going full time.

witch-647-x-404_090415052934.jpg

The Restrictor squelched that solid. Even at speeds at slight greater than the highway code permits (that's my story, and I'm stickin'to it).

One more thing to consider. Here in my part of Canada, trucks are obligated to run speed limiters. More oft than not, you'll end up as the tail on a couple of these donkeys, as one spends the next 10 clicks trying to pass the other. In cases like this, following too close means getting stuck in the jet wash, and no restrictor will help you here. Of course, that's a whole different gripe, for a different thread.

Does anyone have experience with the Wind Restrictor for their convertible Vette? I am thinking about installing one but would like some opinions first. Testimonials on the www look positive.

Home page

GM has a product as well: $995.00 option - part of options when ordering a vert now. Good luck. I am thinking of getting one installed as well. If you beat me to it I would love review and pics and visa versa.

GM has a product as well: $995.00 option - part of options when ordering a vert now. Good luck. I am thinking of getting one installed as well. If you beat me to it I would love review and pics and visa versa.

I bought from these guys for my C5: plain smoked - no lights etc - worked great. Top up and down without having to do anything else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.