If anyone's coming from Toronto, I'm meeting with a couple of other drivers at the Tim Horton's on Dixon at Martin Grove Sunday for 7:30am and we're cruising together, if you'd like to join us.

I think the fastest route for us will be QEW, 403 and down 6 to Airport Road. Should put us there before 8:30am I'm thinking.

Hi guys - I sent out an email update earlier but at the time I didn't know that there will also be flights going on that day.. so exciting!

I am in the middle of writing exams right now.. do you know how hard it is to focus?!

See you all Sunday!

Hi guys - I sent out an email update earlier but at the time I didn't know that there will also be flights going on that day.. so exciting!

I am in the middle of writing exams right now.. do you know how hard it is to focus?!

See you all Sunday!

Cool Sarah -- My car won't be ready in time from the shop but I'm coming anyway ...... Looking forward to Sunday.

Good luck with exams (and focusing:D)

Colin.

I'm sure they won't let you drive in with your Pinto Colin :)

Pinto my butt -- I'd know one of those and would expect it to blow up and burn down. -- But this is a Korean Effort: Kia Optima. Really don't know what to expect from it.

--- and no they won't let me in with that either.......Pity. Wish I could get to chat up Sarah -- I think she'd let me in.......:D

See you Sunday -- tho it'll be closer to 11 I'm thinking.

C.

A photo or two.......

Got there just before 9am, found myself at the end of a very long line.
IMG_4308-XL.jpg

soon got parked and ended up having a very good day!
IMG_4310-XL.jpg

I'll start off with a big Thank YOU to the Wills Family for organizing the event, here is one of their beautiful cars.
IMG_4324-XL.jpg

IMG_4323-XL.jpg

IMG_4325-XL.jpg

IMG_4371-X2.jpg

My what big fins you have
IMG_4422-XL.jpg

Manny of course got the best parking spot
IMG_4424-XL.jpg

while "what's his name had to park near "the white car"
IMG_4309-XL.jpg

anybody here own this beauty?
IMG_4429-XL.jpg

CAR OF THE DAY, amazing body work to mate these two body styles.
IMG_4426-X2.jpg

more to come....

Last edited:
Great pictures Wayne. Hope that "yellow" car didn't attract too many bugs on your pretty white car.
After you took off, I hung out and met up with the owner of the nice 91 you have pictured; and it is Centerfold's car. Nice to have met you.
Quite a few in attendance from the Forum.....Even Woodstock Car Guy "Terry" with no car....shame but it's only money.
Nice to see the other no car guy "Collin" out also, At least we all know you own a Corvette, never mind what that young girl you were talking to thinks.
Also nice to see Collins brother out with his new girl; a real looker Terry, I don't know how you do it.
All in all, a good show even if getting in was a little messed up. I'm sure if this is to happen again, a better plan will be put in place.

Nice to see you all again -- I missed Centerfold tho I probably got his car.....Got pretty hot over the 3 hrs there --

Have many pics I'll sort thru and post soon.......

Cheers,
Colin.

Originally, I planned to meet up with Christopher and attend the Brampton Simply Corvettes show but upon meeting at the car pool lot on Townline Rd in Cambridge I cut a rear tire (irrepairable) and was rendered out of commission.
Fortunately, after realizing that my car was too low to be loaded onto a flat bed tow truck, Hespler C4 came to my rescue while on his way to Hamilton offering up his garage so I limped my damaged vette to his home quite close by. Christopher and I changed plans to attend the Wills Family show and I rode shotgun onto Hamilton. With over 500 GM cars in attendance, there was certainly lots of interesting rides to enjoy. From there my wife was willing to pick me up for a ride back home.
I cannot thank Christopher and Dave enough for their kindness and generosity it helping me with my mishap. My car will now be headed over to Manny's for some new rear shoes and I'll be back in business again.
As Brian stated in an earlier post, it's only money, but it stings a little just the same ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread