Regular
Nov 18, 2016
Rosthern Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
18 Stingray Z51 vert
Province
SK
Hummmm so the cost of a Z51 package approx..... and if not tracking the car you could upgrade the exhaust package for $1375.
Also from the 0-60 times I have seen Z51 is like 2.97 sec and without is 3 Sec. so is the z51 package worth it is you not tracking it?
Some of the other features of the Z51 package make me want it, better stopping power, for one.. I would not track the car but I would still order the Z51 package.. But that is just me..

Reactions: Dik
Some of the other features of the Z51 package make me want it, better stopping power, for one.. I would not track the car but I would still order the Z51 package.. But that is just me..
I also think the big shoes will help in stopping when you include the exhaust and the g2 seats it is a difference of $2650 and I guess you would have to include the spoiler and the ground effects stuff in that $2650 and I think some of that is carbon fiber additions from what you see in the visualiser

Reactions: BDK and LE BARON
2 things
Still love my car.
Haven't won the lottery

Retired now so I have to check my dinaro. Got enough to enjoy what I have now and a few other retirement benefits. But to go out and trade in something I completely enjoy for something that has not really impressed me so far is a bit of a stretch. I, also, would hate to cover up the engine. It is one of the selling points of the C8. Imagine all the goodies they are going to come out with to highlight it - coloured valve covers, engine strobe lights, etc. lol

I also think the big shoes will help in stopping when you include the exhaust and the g2 seats it is a difference of $2650 and I guess you would have to include the spoiler and the ground effects stuff in that $2650 and I think some of that is carbon fiber additions from what you see in the visualiser
When I bought my 2015 C7 I optioned it with the Z51 package. There are quite a few goodies like the ELSD and the gear ratios. I modded the car so the NPP exhaust was out since the mufflers I installed didn't have the option (lots of mods done) and I will eventually change over the heavy brakes to AP or Racing Brake.
I'm going to wait a couple of years before pulling the trigger on the C8. I doubt I will get the Z51 package this time, although the ESLD is a good option. I will likely mod that car as well, changing the exhaust, brakes and some items in the engine, depending on what my wallet allows. For the cost of the Z51 and what the base C8 is capable of, I can't justify the price. The $6000 or so would go towards adding another 100 hp to the engine. That's just my thoughts. For those that don't want to mod and like what the Z51 offers, I say go for it. Either way, the C8 is an awesome car.

This is not an option for me! If I buy the C8 it MUST BE the convertible. My next decision is picking the colour(s) .... then trim, probably the 2LT with Navigation..... then Z51.... Hey, that was exactly how I specified my C7.

I can hardly wait to see any style of the C8 in person but I will wait for the 2021's if I make my move to purchase.

With the flying buttresses, I don't really see much of a difference in the open air experience. To me, the stylizing of this generation of convertible boils more down to whether or not you want to see the engine. One big plus is if you get the convertible, the removal of the top is powered as opposed to manual with the targa.
Another question I have is with the statement that the storage does not change between the convertible and targa with the tops down/off. Because the targa panel is stored in the trunk when removed, does the convertible place the same panel in the same location when the top is down?

Personally, the convertible sounds awesome, but I really like the view of the engine. I'm actually surprised they didn't put a window over the engine for the convertible.

With the flying buttresses, I don't really see much of a difference in the open air experience. To me, the stylizing of this generation of convertible boils more down to whether or not you want to see the engine. One big plus is if you get the convertible, the removal of the top is powered as opposed to manual with the targa.
Another question I have is with the statement that the storage does not change between the convertible and targa with the tops down/off. Because the targa panel is stored in the trunk when removed, does the convertible place the same panel in the same location when the top is down?

Personally, the convertible sounds awesome, but I really like the view of the engine. I'm actually surprised they didn't put a window over the engine for the convertible.

Hey Riley
From what I have seem it slides right down behind the cockpit

Go to about 6:06 of this video.

Kevin

Reactions: LE BARON
Hey Riley
From what I have seem it slides right down behind the cockpit

Go to about 6:06 of this video.

Kevin

It is all conjecture as this was prior to the actual C8 release. However it is quite interesting to see. Wonder where they came up with the extra space for the top between the seats and the engine and also why could they not keep the glass engine compartment view.
Again, all conjecture at the point this was made. It is after all an artist rendering where everything, or almost, is possible.

It is all conjecture as this was prior to the actual C8 release. However it is quite interesting to see. Wonder where they came up with the extra space for the top between the seats and the engine and also why could they not keep the glass engine compartment view.
Again, all conjecture at the point this was made. It is after all an artist rendering where everything, or almost, is possible.
It breaks down into the size of the Targa top it seems so I am thinking it takes the spot behind the cockpit where the glass is for the sound abd there is a sound and heat wall there as well...if you look at some of the pics GM has up you can see the double lines in the body and roof area from what I can see in some of the pictures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.