I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I wanted to chime in and say that getting a WIFI-enabled garage door opener is a fantastic upgrade! Being able to control your garage door with your smartphone is such a convenient feature.
Welcome to the forum!
Yes, I bought 2 meross wifi hubs and control 4 garage doors with them. As well as the lights in the barn.

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I wanted to chime in and say that getting a WIFI-enabled garage door opener is a fantastic upgrade! Being able to control your garage door with your smartphone is such a convenient feature.
Agreed, it’s cheap and dings at you if forgot open or when activated. If you forgot to close or doubt yourself ; you can remotely close it ( beats calling the neighbours).

It does need strong wifi; ours was iffy in the front office anyway so a booster did the trick.

Also allows you to let someone in remotely if not home yet and expecting friends over.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Agreed, it’s cheap and dings at you if forgot open or when activated. If you forgot to close or doubt yourself ; you can remotely close it ( beats calling the neighbours).

It does need strong wifi; ours was iffy in the front office anyway so a booster did the trick.

Also allows you to let someone in remotely if not home yet and expecting friends over.
Could you let me know what type of Wifi booster did you get and where?

This is supposedly the coolest one as it will use your phone and car's bluetooth to geofence and detect your proximity and auto open/close your garage door. I have a super cheap $20 amazon one that works but might try the one below:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.