Exactly, easiest way is to get a status print out from dealer. A large, reputable and transparent dealership like Bill Spencer would have no problem doing. Not sure what my dealer is hiding from and that is why i have to go thru the concierge and other source to verify the info from dealership. Should not have to do that, I will disclose the name and advice everybody to stay away from this dealership once I have clarity on what is going.
I am in the same boat as you are and I am sure we are not the only ones. At the end of the day knowing our code status will not change the code status or speed up the production

Guys..just called order management and confirmed that the status code is still 1100 for my order.
This tell me that concierge is useless and misleading. You will get the same generic response that "your order has been accepted by GM" does not matter you are 1100 or 2000.
Second, my dealer is outright lying to me and made something up with a code 2030. Continued to lie even though i called in yesterday to confront the salesperson. And as I mentioned, refusal to send a screenshot tells pretty everything.
No body should do business with a shitty dealer like this one....

Having dealt with a less than informative dealership in the GTA prior, unless they show you the order form with your order number on it and current status then they are simply lying to you. As a few of us have figured out the Corvette Concierge in Canada is non-existent and its really up to your dealership to properly communicate with you.

Please take your business to a dealership like Bill Spencer in Coburg who were the #1 Corvette dealership in Canada for 2020 (overall). Many of us on the forum have bought our C8s from them and being a family run business its great dealing with them. I've referred a number of friends and colleagues who have placed C8 deposits.

I can't speak for any other province, but any of the top three in Ontario will communicate with you. You might have to initiate it, but they are all forth coming and honest. Yes, you may have to nudge them from time to time as they, like us all, get busy from time to time. But if your dealer continually ignores you and deflects or out right lies, then run, do not walk, away from them. They won't be in business very long like that. We've seen it in Ontario recently.

Guys..just called order management and confirmed that the status code is still 1100 for my order.
This tell me that concierge is useless and misleading. You will get the same generic response that "your order has been accepted by GM" does not matter you are 1100 or 2000.
Second, my dealer is outright lying to me and made something up with a code 2030. Continued to lie even though i called in yesterday to confront the salesperson. And as I mentioned, refusal to send a screenshot tells pretty everything.
No body should do business with a shitty dealer like this one....
How many 2020 C8's did this dealer receive? 1100 Status means nothing, even at 2000 I disagree with Murray still not guaranteed look at last year only those at 3000 where guaranteed a car. There is a 2030 code FYI
  • 0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED

Reactions: vinny's vette
They said they got 8 allocations in 2020 and expecting the same for 2021. Given they lied to me about the status code I am not even sure this is to be trusted. If there is going to be 8 in 2021, by now they should at least get 1 or 2 after 4 consensus. I was #2 and still #2 at 1100. Should have gone to Bill Spencer or other two. Lessons learned.

How many 2020 C8's did this dealer receive? 1100 Status means nothing, even at 2000 I disagree with Murray still not guaranteed look at last year only those at 3000 where guaranteed a car.
True enough. Nothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes. But at 2000 GM has accepted the order. Until then 1100 means nothing except that you and GM know it's there.

Well, I am worried things are starting to slide and go the wrong way.

I found out I was 3000 at the end of Jan. from my dealer - Yeah felt awesome - thought I would check what the GM Canada had to say. Got this response back from them on Feb 5:

"I have located your order XXXXXX and can see that your vehicle has not yet been assigned a Target Production Week. It is very normal at this point to be at this status due to the delays the plant has experienced. We recommend that you reach back out in 2-3 weeks for an update. We continue to maximize production and focus on building orders"

Ok, that made sense especially considering there were closures coming up. Waited until two days ago as per their suggestion - Got this response back yesterday which seems to be going the wrong way.

"I have located your order and can see that your vehicle has not yet been assigned a Target Production Week. We expect each order to be assigned a more accurate Target Production Week in 3 to 4 weeks. It is unlikely that we will have any new information before then. I would recommend reaching out for an update at that time."

Anyone else seeing messaging changing with their interactions with either GM or their dealership?

I am also at 3000.
I promised to contact GM CSR and get a response. Similar to the one CSF1331 got.
GM: I have located your order and can see that your vehicle has not yet been assigned a Target Production Week. We expect each order to be assigned a more accurate Target Production Week in 3 to 4 weeks.

Again this is different than what i got when sitting at 1100.
GM: We have located your order XXXXX. At this time your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production. Presently we are unable to provide a Target Production Week however we do recommend you follow up with your dealership or Customer Care in 3-4 weeks for further details.

Hope this helps anyone wants to use GM CSR to verify the status they got from dealer. If they told you anything more than 1100 and you got this generic "order accepted by GM" response from GM CSR then the dealer is lying.

Reactions: DenisC8 and CSF1331
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.