Dec 27, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Waiting for a C8
Province
BC
It's been 7 weeks since my deposit was taken and order placed at dealership. I reached out twice now to Chevrolet Canada regarding order status. They said they would get back to me within 24-48 hours. Both times I had to call them back 5 days later. They also couldn't provide me with an event code number. Here's what they told me today "At this time your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production. Presently we are unable to provide a Target Production Week however we do recommend you follow up with your dealership or Customer Care in 3-4 weeks for further details"
Does that mean the status code is 2000 ?
I asked what the event code is. She said "I am sorry event codes are not provided" I asked where do get them from? Reply "Event codes are only provided in the plants , they are not provide in vehicle updates"
I have reached out to my dealership. Their response was it's still at build stage/order. Whatever that means. Is this normal ? I keep seeing posts from people stating their event codes and TPW.

i was told the same thing twice. Your order satus is 1100. I believe if it was 2000-3000 your dealer would proudly tell you as any further delay are on GM and not the dealer. if your dealer is not saying anything it means order status is 1100 and they don't want you to be upset with them because they lied about having an actual allocation to match to your order.

It's been 7 weeks since my deposit was taken and order placed at dealership. I reached out twice now to Chevrolet Canada regarding order status. They said they would get back to me within 24-48 hours. Both times I had to call them back 5 days later. They also couldn't provide me with an event code number. Here's what they told me today "At this time your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production. Presently we are unable to provide a Target Production Week however we do recommend you follow up with your dealership or Customer Care in 3-4 weeks for further details"
Does that mean the status code is 2000 ?
I asked what the event code is. She said "I am sorry event codes are not provided" I asked where do get them from? Reply "Event codes are only provided in the plants , they are not provide in vehicle updates"
I have reached out to my dealership. Their response was it's still at build stage/order. Whatever that means. Is this normal ? I keep seeing posts from people stating their event codes and TPW.
Your dealer is the best place for your event code, however after 7 weeks nothing will have changed. You are at 1100 which means not much. It only means you are in the system. Dealers must have Corvette allocations before GM will even build them a car. You need to know how many allocations they expect and where you are on their list. Allocations are assigned by past years sales. If they have never sold a Corvette they will get none. If they sold 10 per year they will likely get about 10 (Likely more though).
Most dealers, not all, will only contact you when the code changes from 1100 to 3000 etc.
My dealer never reached out when the event code changed, but that was because I bought the museum photo album and I always asked them first. lol
Your dealer can always see the event code, but they do so many sales that they become numb to the fact that you are excited and want answers.

Reactions: ccltj
My dealership received 3 allocations in Dec. I was 3rd on the list so one was given to me. I immediately went in did my build and gave a deposit. An order was place and I have an order number.

Nobody will be able to tell you much until you get to 3000 and the plant schedules things.

I wouldn't even bother calling GM Canada for updates. They have no visibility themselves, and basically take a week to get an update which is usually nothing meaningful.

Your dealer can check status anytime and usually will update you once you get to 3000 and have a target production week. But even that can change in these fluid times.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Nobody will be able to tell you much until you get to 3000 and the plant schedules things.

I wouldn't even bother calling GM Canada for updates. They have no visibility themselves, and basically take a week to get an update which is usually nothing meaningful.

Your dealer can check status anytime and usually will update you once you get to 3000 and have a target production week. But even that can change in these fluid times.
Ok thanks. Dealership was the same. Never got back to me. I had to call them back after a week. I think I'll just forget about it sit back and wait for someone to call me one day lol. Just happy I got an allocation and an order placed. A lot of people haven't made it that far yet.

Ok thanks. Dealership was the same. Never got back to me. I had to call them back after a week. I think I'll just forget about it sit back and wait for someone to call me one day lol. Just happy I got an allocation and an order placed. A lot of people haven't made it that far yet.
Ya, if you got an allocation then you are at 2000 at least and your car will usually be built in 6 to 8 weeks. A lot better than most of us that wanted 2020's. ;)

I suppose the point is to get verification that emtae001 DID get an allocation. I'd chase the salesperson and if no joy, the sales manager of the dealership, to get confirmation of the status code. I still find it odd the dealership isn't giving out the status code. I agree that it's not worthwhile to ask GM for that, at this stage. My 2 cents.

Unfortunately I had the similar experience. Dealer has never proactively get in touch thruout the process.

1) Placed a deposit on Oct/19 at a small dealer. #11 on list and they said they got 8 allocations.
2) In Sept/20, notified me that I was not going to get a 2020, moved me to 2021. At the time notified me I was #2
3) In late Nov/20, called to inquire about the allocations. Did not get any straight answer, only a order number, obviously at 1100.
4) Contacted dealer again in Dec/20 and Jan/20 , did not say anything - still #2.
5) Contacted again last week and the salesperson said I am code 2030. How could I possible jump from 1100 to 2030? and no body called me, and why 2030 instead of 2000?
6) Called customer service and basically got the same message. "At this time your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production. Presently we are unable to provide a Target Production Week however we do recommend you follow up with your dealership or Customer Care in 3-4 weeks for further details"
7) Like the OP i thought meant i got an allocation. But someone had connection checked my order # at another source and told me still sitting at 1100 without any allocation matched
8) called the dealer right away, asked for the status screenshot. Denied, saying this is internal use only. And said they got 8 allocations for 2021 so since i am #2, the 8 orders including mine are all matched and entered in the system. No body has advanced to 3000 yet. Is it even possible to know and match the whole year allocation at the beginning of the year? Sounds pretty fishy to me. Therefore, unfortunately i would like to think i am still stuck at 1100 and dealer completely lied.
9) Then why the hack would Chevrolet Canada concierge would use terms like "your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production", This sounds like the order is at 2000. Has anyone got their official response with order at 1100, wondering if it is any difference.

Anyways sorry about the long rant. It has been a dreadful experience dealing with GM and dealership like this one. Any advices or comments on my situations are welcomed.
Thanks

Did you ever get an order number from the dealership? I have one. Hopefully that means I am at 2000 at least. But after reading your post I'm a little concerned now

Did you ever get an order number from the dealership? I have one. Hopefully that means I am at 2000 at least. But after reading your post I'm a little concerned now

I'm more convinced you DID receive an allocation, if you were provided with an actual order number. Whew!

After being assigned an allocation, my dealer sent me a copy of the "OrderWORKBENCH" with order #XRFSQW" on it and I then used that order # to track its progress. The OrderWORKBENCH also set out MSRP and the options ordered for the vehicle, so it was nice to have.

@netsinah I'm not entirely sure if receiving an order number means an allocation... I recently put a deposit with a dealer who told me their allocations are currently all accounted for but I did receive an Order Number & copy of the workbench order with my build specs from them. For shits a couple of weeks later I sent GM an email asking for a status update and they sent me to same generic "your order has been accepted by GM..." response others have received and they would not provide a status code. Knowing that the dealer had no allocations I have no reason to believe I would be at 2000, I'm assuming an order number just means you're at 1100 unfortunately...

I reached out to GM Canada and asked them to send me an email with an update on my order status. Hoping it would be a little more detail and to start a paper trail. Just got the same generic response. No details. I was messaging with a GM csr during the process. After I got the email I asked if she could tell me the date when GM received the order. She couldn't provide me with that either. Not very helpful there. I think I'll contact them one more time and ask them if they can verify whether I received an allocation or not

Yes I did receive a order number (in my point #3). That was what I used to track it with Concierge and got the response as I mentioned in point #6.
Someone with a credible source also helped me track this order # but got a different answer (point #7)....
I am so confused

Jimmyb. Thank you. You answered my question in point #9. Basically customer services response is generic " your order has been accepted by GM", no matter you are 1100 or 2000 or whatever, basically like the other said, GM customer services are useless.
Then my dealer is outright lying to me about advancing to code 2030...back to square one after 16 months

Order numbers do NOT mean an allocation!! They simply mean you have been entered into Workbench.
Mean nothing! ANY dealer can enter an order, but if the dealer hasn't received a Corvette before than they will not get one now.
2030 means you are between 2000 and 3000 There are numbers in-between that.
Also, "Accepted by GM is at 2000 or above. 1100 is NOT accepted by GM.

Order numbers do NOT mean an allocation!! They simply mean you have been entered into Workbench.
Mean nothing! ANY dealer can enter an order, but if the dealer hasn't received a Corvette before than they will not get one now.
2030 means you are between 2000 and 3000 There are numbers in-between that.
Also, "Accepted by GM is at 2000 or above. 1100 is NOT accepted by GM.
Thanks Murray. The problem I have is no one can/will tell me my status number. Not even the dealership. I just finished anothet chat with GM Service. Here's what I fould out about my specific situation. My question-" If I provide you with my order number can you verify whether I have an allocation through my dealership for a 2021 corvette? " GM response blah blah provide us with the order number we will email you back. Me " I have received that information. The email read "We have located your order ###### At this time your order has been accepted by GM and will be placed in sequence for production. Presently we are unable to provide a Target Production Week however we do recommend you follow up with your dealership or Customer Care in 3-4 weeks for further details." Me again - Does this mean I have a gauranteed allocation ? GM response -Our understanding is your Corvette will be produced based on the information provided. Me " So that means I have a guaranteed allocation and this vehicle order number ###### is on it's way to being built? " GM response - Based on the information provided to us by the national order desk your Corvette will be made Mr ****** So that means I am at 2000.....I guess lol If anyone else is uncertain try what I did. Hope it helps

I know. That is what I originally thought. If "Accepted by GM" is at 2000 or above, the GM Canada and dealer are on same page and I should be happy I got an allocation.
But I got someone checked my order number and told me I was not 2030, plus the refusal of dealer to send me screenshot of 2030 status, and the same generic messege jimmyb got (at 1100 without allocation) all led me to second guess...

Status 2000 means "Order accepted by GM (Chevrolet in this case)." That means the car WILL be built.
So, yes, I'd say you are at at least status 2000. Your dealer can see that.
I'll PM you some info, but here are the status codes that your dealer CAN see. Why he won't tell you is beyond me. IO wouldn't deal with them again and once you get your car tell everyone you know not to deal with them.

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
1100 Order Placed at Dealership - status order requests by dealers
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

Reactions: ccltj and emtae001
Exactly, easiest way is to get a status print out from dealer. A large, reputable and transparent dealership like Bill Spencer would have no problem doing. Not sure what my dealer is hiding from and that is why i have to go thru the concierge and other source to verify the info from dealership. Should not have to do that, I will disclose the name and advice everybody to stay away from this dealership once I have clarity on what is going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.