Don't bother with GM. Your dealer can see all that info when it arrives. My dealer would check his orders every day and usually twice a day. They can tell you when you advance or when you get a TPW. BTW, TPW's will all be removed again for resorting after next week.

Reactions: CSF1331
Totally agree. Dealer is always the #1 source and they have the most up to date info. GM customer care is somewhat useless. So they would be somewhat useful only in the special situation where your dealer is not transparent / not willing to provide update / have a history of making up things. GM is the last resort only you have no place to go.

So, in that specific case you need to use GM CSR, then you need to be able to interpret their generic messages correctly. Their wordings on status 1100 and 3000 is different as i stated in early post.

BTW, for anyone not getting satisfaction from their dealer it's worth the CAD$9xx.xx for the photo album as the museum is always eager to help and has the same access as dealers and more as they have to schedule the photos and can tell you your TPW months ahead.

Exactly, easiest way is to get a status print out from dealer. A large, reputable and transparent dealership like Bill Spencer would have no problem doing. Not sure what my dealer is hiding from and that is why i have to go thru the concierge and other source to verify the info from dealership. Should not have to do that, I will disclose the name and advice everybody to stay away from this dealership once I have clarity on what is going.
I bought my C8 from Andrew at Bill Spencer Chev and he sent me an email every time the status changed on my car without any prompting from me. Excellent dealership to deal with from my experience. Easy to understand why they are one of the largest Corvette dealers in Canada. They get it that Corvettes are big boy toys and we are all excited about our purchase. It also shows they value the customer relationship unlike some other dealerships.

Having dealt with a less than informative dealership in the GTA prior, unless they show you the order form with your order number on it and current status then they are simply lying to you. As a few of us have figured out the Corvette Concierge in Canada is non-existent and its really up to your dealership to properly communicate with you.

Please take your business to a dealership like Bill Spencer in Coburg who were the #1 Corvette dealership in Canada for 2020 (overall). Many of us on the forum have bought our C8s from them and being a family run business its great dealing with them. I've referred a number of friends and colleagues who have placed C8 deposits.
Bill Spencer Chev is #1 because they value and care about the customer. Unfortunately, most car dealerships don’t seem to care about the customer these days.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii and Psyclist
Bill Spencer Chev is #1 because they value and care about the customer. Unfortunately, most car dealerships don’t seem to care about the customer these days.
They all care, but to a certain extent. Most have been doing it too long and they forget what it's like for the buyer

It was December 2019 when I put my deposit down and I heard yesterday after inquiring that my build has a TPW for next week (April 5th). So exciting. Buying a Corvette in this marketplace is different from buying a truck. Ordered my new 2021 Suburban in July 2020 and it was delivered Jan 5th 2021. Get ready for a wait.

Let me see.....where can I find your allocation update and status. Must be in here somewhere(if you`re lucky).

haystack.png

I had a TPW of March 22. But I figured it would be delayed when the plant had to close for a week. Repeated queries netted me little information. My dealer had no VIN, so I resigned myself to waiting some more (ordered in November, 2019).
On March 31 my salesman called.........I asked "Hi Daniel, do you have some news?" When he replied that my car had just arrived at their dealership!!!!, my hands started to shake, I was so excited!!! I take her home Saturday morning.
Wednesday was a great day.....booked a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, got to visit with my new "baby", the stock market rose, the Leafs won............I should have bought a lottery ticket. My car was built on March 23 and arrived here in 8 days...............I haven't been this happy since my sons were born. We go for PPF and ceramic coating next week. Question...........should the paint be allowed to "cure" for a certain period of time before it is covered? Who knows when the panels were painted.............with just-in-time processes I reckon not too long before the build date.

I had a TPW of March 22. But I figured it would be delayed when the plant had to close for a week. Repeated queries netted me little information. My dealer had no VIN, so I resigned myself to waiting some more (ordered in November, 2019).
On March 31 my salesman called.........I asked "Hi Daniel, do you have some news?" When he replied that my car had just arrived at their dealership!!!!, my hands started to shake, I was so excited!!! I take her home Saturday morning.
Wednesday was a great day.....booked a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, got to visit with my new "baby", the stock market rose, the Leafs won............I should have bought a lottery ticket. My car was built on March 23 and arrived here in 8 days...............I haven't been this happy since my sons were born. We go for PPF and ceramic coating next week. Question...........should the paint be allowed to "cure" for a certain period of time before it is covered? Who knows when the panels were painted.............with just-in-time processes I reckon not too long before the build date.
Congrats on the car! Some dealers don't give enough info, but now you don't care! lol
I waited before doing PPF, but only because I didn't want to surrender the car after the year long wait. Others have had it done at the dealer. By the time the car gets to the dealer it can be several weeks since the parts were painted.

Just a suggestion to find a reputable Auto Paint Refinisher
or two and phone to ask them about PPF on new paint.
Phone a reputable PPF installer with the same question(s).
It is how I compared answer(s) & explanation(s) in order to decide.

To each their own on when to decide on PPF - so I won't advocate either way.

... I concur on the dilemma of leaving the new Corvette somewhere
too and managed to find a remedy for getting through that in YYC.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.