As per post # 13 above on this forum, GM design chief identified they were nearly sold out three days ago, which pretty much means 'if you ain't got one, you ain't gonna get one'. For any that still want this years, I'd recommend getting on a cancellation list at as many dealerships as you can... JMO

I am first on list - see what happens? I got a bad feeling that the dealer will give me below wholesale fro my car. I will NOT take a huge bath to buy the C8!! If they do not treat me fairly will not buy electric car for my wife from them either.

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
As per post # 13 above on this forum, GM design chief identified they were nearly sold out three days ago, which pretty much means 'if you ain't got one, you ain't gonna get one'. For any that still want this years, I'd recommend getting on a cancellation list at as many dealerships as you can... JMO
True but sold out for GM means dealers have bought all they were are producing. How many of those are spoken for with actual deposits? Will be interesting to see. Trade values on C7's may be an issue for some as well.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
True but sold out for GM means dealers have bought all they were are producing. How many of those are spoken for with actual deposits? Will be interesting to see. Trade values on C7's may be an issue for some as well.

I may be out to lunch but I'd be really surprised if every dealer out there doesn't have a waiting list way longer than their allocation (If they even got an allocation)....

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I may be out to lunch but I'd be really surprised if every dealer out there doesn't have a waiting list way longer than their allocation (If they even got an allocation)....
I think you're right, I know a smallish dealer that got one only and it is sold.

PM sent ... Please attend to that right away ... my knowledge of an actual allocation that will disappear quickly ... it is plentiful but will go quickly to no tire-kick serious buyers
Good luck everyone on the 2020 C8 wait lists ...
whether the price is right, price doesn't matter and to those who come up next on the list with those before not having the finances (loan) to do it.
Before we know it ... 2021 C8s will be the discussion
Cheers

Reactions: ddgermann
I would NEVER pay more than MSRP for a vehicle! I think dealers that play that game wind up loosing in the long run. A few extra $ on a sale will leave a bad taste in many mouths for after purchase service and parts sales. I paid MSRP when I bought my C5 but got both C7s (2015 Z51 and my 2017 GS on a factory order when they first came out) for less than MSRP. I'm sure I didn't get the lowest price available but I was happy with the deals I made and so was the dealer who got repeat business.

I totally agree with you, Lakewood is within walking distance to my work and I am there very often but they are 10% over retail and tbh it's pissing me off, I will never buy a vehicle there that's guaranteed.

• Agree
Reactions: Dik and ddgermann
I would NEVER pay more than MSRP for a vehicle! I think dealers that play that game wind up loosing in the long run. A few extra $ on a sale will leave a bad taste in many mouths for after purchase service and parts sales. I paid MSRP when I bought my C5 but got both C7s (2015 Z51 and my 2017 GS on a factory order when they first came out) for less than MSRP. I'm sure I didn't get the lowest price available but I was happy with the deals I made and so was the dealer who got repeat business.
Very short sighted on their part! Let's piss off a high end vehicle buyer, we can make an extra couple thousand on one deal. Brilliant, how about give them a great deal and potentially earn their business for life? They may even send friends and family to you because you treated them so well. I've never heard "go see these guys, they only charged me xxx over sticker price"!

Very short sighted on their part! Let's piss off a high end vehicle buyer, we can make an extra couple thousand on one deal. Brilliant, how about give them a great deal and potentially earn their business for life? They may even send friends and family to you because you treated them so well. I've never heard "go see these guys, they only charged me xxx over sticker price"!

You are bang on Dan. One particular dealership lost my “pay cash” new car business after 3 car purchases due to gouging way over MSRP.
They couldn’t have cared less. Not an iota of regret or follow up done...
That particular car was of course sold to someone willing to take it up the rear.
I learned my lesson big time. There is no such thing as customer loyalty in these franchised dealerships from all I can see.
Geez... I’m still bitter over that. Haha

I’m waiting and waiting till at least the 2nd year of the Z06s and maybe longer if there is something more interesting after that. One thing I did learn from buying 1 C6 and 2 C7 Z06s within 2 years is your going to take a cold shower of reality in trade in numbers with more and more cars available every month. If you’re not prepared to do that..... best to wait.

You are bang on Dan. One particular dealership lost my “pay cash” new car business after 3 car purchases due to gouging way over MSRP.
They couldn’t have cared less. Not an iota of regret or follow up done...
That particular car was of course sold to someone willing to take it up the rear.
I learned my lesson big time. There is no such thing as customer loyalty in these franchised dealerships from all I can see.
Geez... I’m still bitter over that. Haha

I’m waiting and waiting till at least the 2nd year of the Z06s and maybe longer if there is something more interesting after that. One thing I did learn from buying 1 C6 and 2 C7 Z06s within 2 years is your going to take a cold shower of reality in trade in numbers with more and more cars available every month. If you’re not prepared to do that..... best to wait.
Well, I am 70 - no time to wait - if good deal - I write cheque. We shall see as I will not take it in the "you know what" to get a c8 - love my C7.

Well, I am 70 - no time to wait - if good deal - I write cheque. We shall see as I will not take it in the "you know what" to get a c8 - love my C7.

Yes agreed... time vs getting totally boned. A delicate balance.
In would not hesitate to drop a few K over sticker to get the car I want in this situation but not a chance if it’s 10k over as that money is utterly wasted. Add that to the “off the lot” depreciation and the joy of being one of the first to have the car is pretty much diluted away.

Hope you get one and are happy with the car and the deal 👍

Yes agreed... time vs getting totally boned. A delicate balance.
In would not hesitate to drop a few K over sticker to get the car I want in this situation but not a chance if it’s 10k over as that money is utterly wasted. Add that to the “off the lot” depreciation and the joy of being one of the first to have the car is pretty much diluted away.

Hope you get one and are happy with the car and the deal 👍
Thanks man:Cheers2: - back at you. Enjoy the ride!!:heavycar:
My buddy bought a new 2000 for his 50th birthday, did factory delivery and is now ordering a 2020 for his upcoming 70th. Pretty cool.
Like that - good on him. Yeah, I'm thinking: not too many days left to enjoy oneself - still healthy and all.

I want to buy one and finally made the decision. Too damn late! Have to wait until 2021.
Good for you deciding to get a C8 👍🏻
I can say your delayed decision might be more of a blessing
for not having to be a part of the initial release who-ha.
I would likely experience even more anxiety if I jumped into the middle of what we hear others are experiencing (and not experiencing).
Just my opinion in regard to waiting for 2021.

In hind sight, I’m sure glad I was not a part of the initial C7-ZR1 circus,
even though there were not enough allocations and I did not end up being able to acquire one.
It is what it is and I did come away establishing many new dealership relationships.

So find a good dealership who will take you seriously for a 2021.
Feel free to message me with your general location if you would like a good name and dealership - absolutely nothing in it for me other than your happiness.
With 2020 orders pretty much spoken for, dealer managers will be the best people to talk to now to be first in line for 2021 allocations.
By waiting, you will surely get the pick of all available options too.
Cheers

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.