frankenstein

Casual User
2 You're 10
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
hi guys I think this might be my first post not sure anyway I live in Edmonton and I will be getting a C8 that's a fact the sooner the better but I will not pay above retail and I will factory order, I have talked to 2 dealership and they have NO clue as to what they are getting etc, are you guys running into this issue? there is no reason to put down a deposit when they can't even give an idea of what their allocation is etc. Maybe let me know about your experience finding one etc

thanks

Reactions: YFCvii
I am selling my current C6 to my son but I don't understand why the flame suit? sorry not getting it.

Attachments

• iphone DEC 2018 507.JPG
    iphone DEC 2018 507.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 44
  • iphone DEC 2018 518.JPG
    iphone DEC 2018 518.JPG
    586.5 KB · Views: 45
  • new escalade.jpg
    new escalade.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: ddgermann
Actually your second. First dec 2015:WillyNilly:. Welcome back. You can’t be talking to the higher volume GM dealers selling Vette’s. Try Jim McEwen at north gate or Sherwood Chev. But at Northgate they have allocation for 22 and a name is against each one so Jim said the other day. :Cheers2:. So what are you driving. Pics and details or flame suit on!!

my vote for Andy Shepard, knows the corvettes and not as upity as jim

your MILAGE May vary

Actually your second. First dec 2015:WillyNilly:. Welcome back. You can’t be talking to the higher volume GM dealers selling Vette’s. Try Jim McEwen at north gate or Sherwood Chev. But at Northgate they have allocation for 22 and a name is against each one so Jim said the other day. :Cheers2:. So what are you driving. Pics and details or flame suit on!!

I would go with Northgate. I base this on personal experience with dealership markups over MSRP.
Sherwood will never ever get my new car business again after buying 3 vehicles in 1 year and then having the audacity to demand a “premium” over MSRP on 2 separate ZR1s deals that had a 20k deposit sitting for a year.
Northgate “No we will not mark the ZR1 over MSRP” Too bad as they never got the allocation.
Im not in the habit of slagging businesses but Sherwood gets a total thumbs down 👎🏻 for corvette selling and 0 customer loyalty. The service department on the other hand is very good for Corvettes in my experience.

Oh and yes... I’ll be waiting till after the initial hype prices are done and likely year 2 of the Z06 release. (Unless I win the lotto). I am actually thinking convertible this time too...🤔

Oh yes.... welcome back @frankenstein 😁

Last edited:
Wouldn’t touch this car first year......have enough stress without being a test pilot for GM.....

I have a 2014 C7 and have had no problems with it, there were some recalls of course, but so far so good! I''m planning to order the c8 here in Vancouver, but hopefully can avoid the bad experience I had with the dealer ordering the C7 - GM raised the MSRP by a few thousand dollars during the first year, and the dealer stuck the increase to me!

I have a 2014 C7 and have had no problems with it, there were some recalls of course, but so far so good! I''m planning to order the c8 here in Vancouver, but hopefully can avoid the bad experience I had with the dealer ordering the C7 - GM raised the MSRP by a few thousand dollars during the first year, and the dealer stuck the increase to me!

You should have tried getting a ZR1 over the last year. A few thousand would have been reasonable. Some were going for 40k over MSRP. It was disgraceful. But the guys willing to pay got great cars. Only 1 model year and limited build.

Ok... back onto the rails we go

Reactions: ccltj
hi guys I think this might be my first post not sure anyway I live in Edmonton and I will be getting a C8 that's a fact the sooner the better but I will not pay above retail and I will factory order, I have talked to 2 dealership and they have NO clue as to what they are getting etc, are you guys running into this issue? there is no reason to put down a deposit when they can't even give an idea of what their allocation is etc. Maybe let me know about your experience finding one etc

thanks
PM sent ... Please attend to that right away ... my knowledge of an actual allocation that will disappear quickly ... it is plentiful but will go quickly to no tire-kick serious buyers

Last edited:

Glad it worked out. Personally wouldn’t pay $.01 over MSRP for any vehicle. Hard enough to even pay that...pure greed. Wait a year or two, car lots will be flooded with them and hopefully all,issues worked out. The C7 to C8 is a much more drastic change than was the C6 to C7.

"flooded with them" I think that will take a while I really do, friends of mine that would never have even considered a GM are seriously interested in this car, I don't like paying retail but I will on this one.

Reactions: YFCvii

thanks
Gm has hired 500 extra staff for the C8 production; so, I don't see a shortfall of cars to meet demand; especially, after a few months or so.

"flooded with them" I think that will take a while I really do, friends of mine that would never have even considered a GM are seriously interested in this car, I don't like paying retail but I will on this one.
Yup flooded. Once on the market for a couple years they will be sitting on the lots...just like the C7 was.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and ddgermann
I don't see a flood for at least 3 years, unless the cars turn out to be junk and under perform. If GM comes out with a newer version every year or two with more HP or better this or that, then the cars should continue their momentum and sell. The previous models then may start flooding the market, much like the C7 did when the Z06 and GS came out. The higher priced cars will have a limited clientele, depending on price of course, and production numbers. All of this is just speculation, but judging from threads on other forums, it looks like the initial release is pretty much going to sell out. Looking forward to seeing the C8 in the flesh (actually polycarbonate fiber glass).

I don't see a flood for at least 3 years, unless the cars turn out to be junk and under perform. If GM comes out with a newer version every year or two with more HP or better this or that, then the cars should continue their momentum and sell. The previous models then may start flooding the market, much like the C7 did when the Z06 and GS came out. The higher priced cars will have a limited clientele, depending on price of course, and production numbers. All of this is just speculation, but judging from threads on other forums, it looks like the initial release is pretty much going to sell out. Looking forward to seeing the C8 in the flesh (actually polycarbonate fiber glass).
I agree, Canada typically only gets roughly 10% of the overall North American allocation. They are also building a right hand drive for Australia and other countries. Not sure how many cars they can crank out of Bowling Green. Heard the capacity is around 40,000 even with the added employees.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.