Although not comfortable driving a stick, my wife could drive my C6 and my C7 if absolutely necessary, but that being said, it has never been absolutely necessary. She was brought up in an equestrian training environment which results in habitually looking very closely and down in front of you for things her horse could step in or trip on. Thus in a car at 120 kph, potholes, porcupines or other junk laying on the road aren't noticed until it's too late to avoid.

Although not comfortable driving a stick, my wife could drive my C6 and my C7 if absolutely necessary, but that being said, it has never been absolutely necessary. She was brought up in an equestrian training environment which results in habitually looking very closely and down in front of you for things her horse could step in or trip on. Thus in a car at 120 kph, potholes, porcupines or other junk laying on the road aren't noticed until it's too late to avoid.
Unless you get the cow pusher option....CP probably has a few for sale. A coat of carbon flash paint and good to go.

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
My wife drives all of my cars as I do hers, except my wide body 1999, . It was so low you had to watch road kill, speed bumps, angle up driveways and any thing else that interfered with the air dam (1.5 inches to road). Lo and behold if she didn't fall in love with the 2007 Indy Pace Car when we did a Route 66 road trip with 35 other Pace Cars from Joplin, MO to Tucumcari, NM. Two years later we bought our '07 Pace Car. She had wanted it and found it so I was all set to put the registration in her name but she did not want to. Last fall we went with our club to drive the last piece of Route 66 that we had not done - Chicago to St. Louis. I was the navigator and Joan was the driver. All the other club members were surprised that Joan could row the gears, especially the women. She sure showed them, however she is the only person who I have let drive this jewel.

Attachments

• Detroit Grand Prix 2.jpg
    Detroit Grand Prix 2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF3612 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF3612 - Copy.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Rruuff Day
My wife and I drive our 2005. She can handle the six speed better than most men. Our 2005 S-10 Jimmy is a five speed for winter driving. It keeps us in practice. The stick shift is half of the fun of having a Corvette. We were in Ireland a few years ago visiting relatives. I noticed that even the higher end BMWs and Audis were all stick shift. I asked the 90 year old great aunt if anyone drove cars with automatics. Her answer was, "Oh, they are for invalids." She wasn't trying to be funny either. If you had a bum leg or left arm, then you would drive an automatic. My wife and I thought it was pretty funny.

I only have 1 son interested in driving it - which may account for the reduced rubber on the passenger side rear tire.

My wife and two other son's have no interest.

My Grandson on the other hand can't wait until the pedals move closer to his feet. This photo was five years ago - he can now reach the pedals but if he does that; he can't see over the steering wheel. Time is moving way to quickly!!
IMG_1600.JPG

Me 95% of the time but the wife is fully capable. Nice to have a second driver on some of those 14 hr. driving days on the California trips. Sometimes just nice to relax and take in the scenery. I know that some of u would argue that "relax" mentioned at the same time as "my wife drives while I passenger" is an oxymoron, I'm quite fine with it.:cool:

Reactions: Dik and Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.