I also have both roofs with my C7 and I've yet to put the Lexan roof on.

Not even through the mountains? More than anything,out there in all my travels,just once I’d love to be able to look up through that nicely tinted blueish top. And,the option of taking it off is starting to get my interest,again....

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Not even through the mountains? More than anything,out there in all my travels,just once I’d love to be able to look up through that nicely tinted blueish top. And,the option of taking it off is starting to get my interest,again....
I know what you mean Mike. I always had the Lexan roof on my C6. Just something about that exposed carbon fibre on the C7 roof that I really like. Maybe I'll change it up this year just for variety and see which way it stays... lol....

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Mike, not a problem, we can do it. Just read my signature…:ROFL:

DGFF5rjXoAEWe0h.jpg

The top picture is the Lexan top that came with the car (blue ish from the inside). (It used to be my car)
The Lexan wrap, unless they have improved it is not a smooth finish, but quite dull. It looks good, but not on a roof as it does not shine.
20151002_193301.jpg20160503_132342.jpg

IMO Derek, my C6 did not get hot inside to what I thought was anything out of the ordinary. But my Lexan top wasn't blue looking out and by the look of that palm tree in the picture, the tint on mine was darker as well. On that note though, I would expect the solid roof with the fabric headliner would offer somewhat more insulation value, thus to some degree cooler in the direct sun...... maybe...lol...

I know what you mean Mike. I always had the Lexan roof on my C6. Just something about that exposed carbon fibre on the C7 roof that I really like. Maybe I'll change it up this year just for variety and see which way it stays... lol....

try it before or on the MITM and if you do not like it and I can try it maybe you have a buyer

Jeff

I had that car in Palm Springs for the winter and the hot California sun would be very hot, but the temps were 30-39c in March. The AC would be in overdrive but loved the view.

Thanks Dennis. I was wondering how it was. I agree the view would be sweet. Likely it's pretty much fine here in snowy Alberta on most summer days at 26-28 C. I was thinking of buying either the lexan or exposed carbon fibre roof and was wondering. Mine is a painted carbon fibre which is a shame.

IMO Derek, my C6 did not get hot inside to what I thought was anything out of the ordinary. But my Lexan top wasn't blue looking out and by the look of that palm tree in the picture, the tint on mine was darker as well. On that note though, I would expect the solid roof with the fabric headliner would offer somewhat more insulation value, thus to some degree cooler in the direct sun...... maybe...lol...

Yes Eric the solid removable roof is all insulated and quilted so it is not transferring any heat even on my black car. I was just wondering also if you guys actually enjoy the see through roofs. Now I see you definitely do.
I have had sunroofs in all my other non-corvette vehicles for the last 10 years (except the H1) and never spent 10 minutes with the shade open even. Hmmm... I guess it would be a different experience in a Corvette.

Thanks Guys

Thanks Dennis. I was wondering how it was. I agree the view would be sweet. Likely it's pretty much fine here in snowy Alberta on most summer days at 26-28 C. I was thinking of buying either the lexan or exposed carbon fibre roof and was wondering. Mine is a painted carbon fibre which is a shame.

Yes Eric the solid removable roof is all insulated and quilted so it is not transferring any heat even on my black car. I was just wondering also if you guys actually enjoy the see through roofs. Now I see you definitely do.
I have had sunroofs in all my other non-corvette vehicles for the last 10 years (except the H1) and never spent 10 minutes with the shade open even. Hmmm... I guess it would be a different experience in a Corvette.

Thanks Guys

I've never had my see thru roof on my C7 yet Derek. I just like the look of the exposed carbon fibre roof way too much so far. I might put the lexan roof on some this summer as I liked the see thru on my C6 for sure.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread