The Mobil Delvac products are for diesel engines, mainly tractor trailers and the like but great for diesel pick ups too.

The 0w40 oil for the C7 Z is Mobil 1 ESP X3 0w40. Only comes in 1L bottles. Imperal Oil / Mobil part number 124174.

List price to resellers from a distributor is around $14.50 / L, so whatever they mark it up...

Lol was just the victim of a Covid downsizing at an Esso / Mobil distributor.

The Mobil Delvac products are for diesel engines, mainly tractor trailers and the like but great for diesel pick ups too.

The 0w40 oil for the C7 Z is Mobil 1 ESP X3 0w40. Only comes in 1L bottles. Imperal Oil / Mobil part number 124174.

List price to resellers from a distributor is around $14.50 / L, so whatever they mark it up...

Lol was just the victim of a Covid downsizing at an Esso / Mobil distributor.
They may be the same, but for accuracy the manual calls for Mobil 1 ESP Formula 0W40 not the X3.

I use 5-30 mobil1 in my grandsport as per my manual: Viscosity Grade Use SAE 0W-40 viscosity grade engine oil. When selecting an oil of the appropriate viscosity grade, it is recommended to select an oil of the correct specification. See “Specification” earlier in this section. For the LT1 and LT4 engines only, if 0W-40 dexos2 oil is not available, SAE 5W-30 dexos1 full synthetic engine oil may be used for street use.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
For DIY-ers like me who like to change their own oil/filter, I've confirmed a good source for the "Corvette oil" (check your manual for what yours needs) and my thanks go out to Vegas1500 for the lead and kindly replying to my personal messages:

-for Edmonton: Blue Water Group is the largest Mobil Lubricant distributor
-they don't stock but can get in cases of the Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 oil that's needed for the C8 or other Corvettes (ie. all C7's except the Stingray). It usually takes them a couple of days to get in. The bottle has the "green label" on the front and it's dexos2 approved and for higher performance engines
-their regular price is $88.77 per case (6 in a case) or $14.80 for each container/bottle (plastic) of 1 U.S. quart. I don't know if that includes the environmental tax ($.60/case) and gst is of course on top of that. Note: you may do better for a price *if you say you've been referred by the Canadian Corvette Forum* and if you deal with a specific individual at Blue Water (call Sydney; see below)
-call Blue Water at 780-822-6220 and ask for "Sydney" in sales at extension #120. A very nice person to deal with. They're on the West end of Edmonton (11724-180 Street) with hours between 8 to 5 and weekdays only, so you can't pick up your oil on a weekend. She authorized me to post this info on the CCF and welcomes more business. And no, I have NO affiliation with Blue Water; I post this as a service to other DIY-ers.

-this is for Edmonton. Sydney told me there are different Mobil distributors for Calgary, BC, etc. and their prices can vary
-others have verified you can't get this oil just anywhere and a Chev dealer will charge around $25/bottle for it, so I suspect you'd do better buying from "the source" in your area.

Hope this helps.

Since this started in the C7 Forum, I'm posting here. I leave this up to a moderator, if you think posting it in the C8 Forum would be a good idea.

For DIY-ers like me who like to change their own oil/filter, I've confirmed a good source for the "Corvette oil" (check your manual for what yours needs) and my thanks go out to Vegas1500 for the lead and kindly replying to my personal messages:

-they don't stock but can get in cases of the Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 oil that's needed for the C8 or other Corvettes (ie. all C7's except the Stingray). It usually takes them a couple of days to get in. The bottle has the "green label" on the front and it's dexos2 approved and for higher performance engines
-their regular price is $88.77 per case (6 in a case) or $14.80 for each container/bottle (plastic) of 1 U.S. quart. I don't know if that includes the environmental tax ($.60/case) and gst is of course on top of that. Note: you may do better for a price *if you say you've been referred by the Canadian Corvette Forum* and if you deal with a specific individual at Blue Water (call Sydney; see below)
-call Blue Water at 780-822-6220 and ask for "Sydney" in sales at extension #120. A very nice person to deal with. They're on the West end of Edmonton (11724-180 Street) with hours between 8 to 5 and weekdays only, so you can't pick up your oil on a weekend. She authorized me to post this info on the CCF and welcomes more business. And no, I have NO affiliation with Blue Water; I post this as a service to other DIY-ers.

-this is for Edmonton. Sydney told me there are different Mobil distributors for Calgary, BC, etc. and their prices can vary
-others have verified you can't get this oil just anywhere and a Chev dealer will charge around $25/bottle for it, so I suspect you'd do better buying from "the source" in your area.

Hope this helps.

Since this started in the C7 Forum, I'm posting here. I leave this up to a moderator, if you think posting it in the C8 Forum would be a good idea.
any part number they use for the corvette oil

Forgot to mention this place, I did not buy from them but apparently they have a better price than the dealer but there is a minimum that has to bought (you could do a group purchase):

Brenntag isn't currently doing direct to retail customers due to COVID-19. They referred me to a Toronto area Mobil distributor who I bought the oil from. In the future I would try a more local Esso/Mobil distributor. Given the price difference between my preferred dealer (Georgian Chev in Barrie), and the place in Toronto (Falcon Auto Parts), I would've rather just got it locally. Dealers can do a lot better than $24/L or whatever was quoted earlier in the thread, if you ask nicely.

I'll repeat a posting I made on the C7 Forum back in July this year under the subject title: "Where to find 0W40 Mobil 1". As others have indicated on this thread, you should be able to find a large Mobil Oil distributor in your area and get a really good price per quart. That's what happened to me:

Hope this helps.

This is what I use.

Attachments

• 9CFB9F12-7481-4E32-A270-7A682057B8CE.jpeg
    9CFB9F12-7481-4E32-A270-7A682057B8CE.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 36
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread