I’ve checked in Virginia and it is available through Walmart in quarts only. I have a C7 and talk to the folks at both Corvette and mobile and they said it is fine to use the 5W 30 in the C7 engine and I did not need the new oil. Mobile told me that the only difference is that it has more additives for engine cleaning.

OK, this thread is getting crazy my fellow corvetters, I have a 19 Z06 and the dealer told me I get 4 free oil changes. I used the first one at 411kms, but should have done sooner. What I should have done is changed myself at 100kms with the 5W30 ESP and then taken it in at 400 for the ESP 0W40. Anyhow now I'm just ranting because of the scarcity of this oil.

The purpose of the ESP is because this is a direct injected engine and although I'm not an engineer, I have been in the automotive industry a long time (I am a licenced tech) and I think this oil was designed to help reduce coking on the valves (another story) by not evaporating as easily as other oils (NOACK volatility). One reason why a catch can will help these engines (another thread perhaps).

Anyway to help everyone out the oil is available on Amazon.ca. for us Canadians. It is not available in any retailer that I have found in the GTA. Its just under 18 CAN$$ per bottle with free shipping.

drum roll: Amazon product ASIN B07MXPNH7S
You can all thank me by subscribing to my channel hahahahahaha, no really.........please do!!!!

Speaking of oil changes when I had my 2019 Vette the dealership was going to give me 4 free oil changes. Now with the C8 its only two free oil changes. But if you get their GM Visa credit card then you get 4 free oil changes. Since the first oil change on the Z51 has to be done at 800 kilometres it likes getting only one and half oil changes. Think I'll get the card and then after the oil changes are used cut it up. I'm not cheap but hate to pass up a deal at GM's expense. LOL.

I'm going to be hard pressed to use up all 4 oil changes on my C7 within the 2 years...my C5 I only changed it once a year as I put about 2K kms/year on it. Since the C7 was a new toy I put 1,800 kms on it in 3 1/2 months so did the first oil change then. But I'll be artificially changing it much too soon the next few times just to get the free oil changes.

OK, this thread is getting crazy my fellow corvetters, I have a 19 Z06 and the dealer told me I get 4 free oil changes. I used the first one at 411kms, but should have done sooner. What I should have done is changed myself at 100kms with the 5W30 ESP and then taken it in at 400 for the ESP 0W40. Anyhow now I'm just ranting because of the scarcity of this oil.

The purpose of the ESP is because this is a direct injected engine and although I'm not an engineer, I have been in the automotive industry a long time (I am a licenced tech) and I think this oil was designed to help reduce coking on the valves (another story) by not evaporating as easily as other oils (NOACK volatility). One reason why a catch can will help these engines (another thread perhaps).

Anyway to help everyone out the oil is available on Amazon.ca. for us Canadians. It is not available in any retailer that I have found in the GTA. Its just under 18 CAN$$ per bottle with free shipping.

You can all thank me by subscribing to my channel hahahahahaha, no really.........please do!!!!
Hey thanks for the tip! I paid $25 + tax at the dealer for 1L just to have a spare bottle in the garage in case it needs to be topped up between oil changes. I still have 3 free oil changes left with GM...hoping that eventually this will become more available like through NAPA and such. Thanks again.

Reactions: V8!
I'm going to see if my local dealer will have any idea of this 4 free oil changes, we'll see if they accept to do it since I'm the second owner and there may be 1 left. The other issue is I highly doubt they'd use dexos 5/30 and instead use regular oil for any other car. I don't trust them with all the stories I heard from my mother's husband who is now deceased.

This is great news! The only other way to get it in Canada is through GM dealerships at $25 or $26/bottle, only available in 1L bottles.

Reactions: V8!
Directly from a letter from GM:

Screenshot (29).png

So my Z06 get's 5 oil changes? The dealer told me it got 4? For the record, can you confirm?

Good question and for the Z06 it was the 500 KM break-in change that confused things I believe. As there were problems with the first years' LT4 engines poping occasionally due to some filings left in the engines if I remember this right. The manufacturing defect was quickly corrected but it seems they could not associate the actual suspect engines to the VIN numbers so Z06s were called in at 500 km for an oil change "on the house"

I received the 500 km one and offered 4 more for my car. Not sure if that was more from the dealer or an actual GM thing.

Speaking of oil changes when I had my 2019 Vette the dealership was going to give me 4 free oil changes. Now with the C8 its only two free oil changes. But if you get their GM Visa credit card then you get 4 free oil changes. Since the first oil change on the Z51 has to be done at 800 kilometres it likes getting only one and half oil changes. Think I'll get the card and then after the oil changes are used cut it up. I'm not cheap but hate to pass up a deal at GM's expense. LOL.
I have gone thru the literature that came with the GM Visa card and have found nothing about free oil changes. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread