As do I. I buy it on sale from Cdn.Tire or Walmart, take my oil to my dealer. They supply the filter, and I'm out of there for $35.00.

You must have some inside connection or a great relationship with your dealer, to get an oil change for $35 even if you supply the oil. Wow! I assume it's in Red Deer and if I didn't change my own oil, that would almost make it worth the drive for me from Edmonton. :)

I ordered 8 quarts on the weekend from Rockauto out of the US and already arrived today. Much cheaper than anywhere I could find here - including exchange/shipping/taxes arrived at the door at a shade over CAD 12/quart.
20210408_105138[1].jpg

I tried all my suppliers, Carquest Napa, Bumper to Bumper, also checked CT and Walmart her in Quebec, nothing. It is dealer at over 20$ a liter or Rock Auto. at half price from dealer, even if I had to pay for shipping Next time I go to Florida I will check if I can get some more.

I just phoned the local dealership and BDK is right on the money. Find out your in service date as the clock starts ticking from that time on. And you may miss out on an oil change. On a Z-51 dry sump... That's expensive

I ordered 8 liters of Mobil1 ESP 0w-40 from Rockauto on April 16 and got the oil today.
$98.17 CDN all included (taxes and delivery).
This is by far the best price and service you can find.

Rockauto is by far the best price I have come across unless you can find a local Mobil1 distributor. With the economy turning green on everything I do not see prices going up in this area anytime soon or ever again

Reactions: Vegas1500
I see GM in 2019 stopped recommending Mobil 1. Now the manualy just states Dexos 2 and on their GM website lists hundreds of oils that are Dexos certified. Guessing the agreement to promote Mobil is over.

FWIW, I've been buying Mobil1 DEXOS2 ESP 5W30 from the local Canadian Tire for my last two oil changes (I have a deal with my local independent mechanic's shop - if I supply the oil and the PF64 filter, he'll do the oil change for $30).

It goes on sale about once every 4 months (quarterly) and when it went on last time I bought 3X 4.73 litre jugs (i.e. each jug is about 5 U.S. quarts) for around $33.00 each. For my LT1, it's just fine.

Mobil1 5W30 Dexos 2.jpg

Late Life Crisis

Addendum to my post just now - I got annoyed at my local dealer who quoted me $260 +/- for an oil change and didn't proceed with the Stealership oil change. As posted, I've been picking up the oil (Mobil1 ESP Dexos2 5W30) for about $6.97/litre from Canadian Tire when on sale, I'm buying the genuine ACDelco PF64's from Rock Auto for $3.18 each (Cdn) plus about $2.00 each (Cdn) for shipping in lots of 6. An oil change for $80.00 Cdn (Oil: $45, Filter: $5.25, Labour: $30.00) works for me!

I can afford to overpay the dealer, but I'm of a mind that if you don't fall for being gouged, and enough others do the same, eventually they'll have to get somewhat more competitive.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
For My C7 Z51 I was quoted $300.00 for an oil change.. I supplied the oil and the supplied the filter. 35 for the oil change 13 for the filter and a 25 charge for the work order.. I will be doing the next oil change myself... It takes 9.3 liters of oil..

Hey Forum,

I’m posting on behalf of my Dad. He owns a 19 C7 and would like to do an oil change before storage. It’s been a treasure hunt trying to find the 0w40 esp Mobil 1.

He went to a dealer today and the parts guy told him they use the 0w40 European Blend. My dad said NO way he’s using that as it’s a different oil and doesn’t want warranty issues if they arise in the future.

Was just curious where here in Ontario everyone is buying the ESP dexos 2 oil?

Thanks so much!
OEM FLEETS in mississauga / Toronto, supplies Mobil 1. I bought this from them. I paid around $17/L. They also had the OE GM Delco oil filters. You can give them a shot. I believe they ship as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread