On my 2000, it was located on the passenger side of the engine near the front. Now, if I recall correctly when I changed from the LS1 intake to the LS6 intake, the PVC was somewhat different on the LS6 intake (which all LS1 engines got from 2001-2004), I think the pcv valve was part of the plate that covers the lifter valley where it used to be external when using the LS1 intake??? I’ll have to look into it further.

Reactions: Hotrodron
Hey Riley P! First off, thanks for your response. Your post help greatly in sorting this out. I believe I found the solution.
Prior to 2004, the PCV was located in and around the Pass. side valve covers going into the intake manifold.
In 2004 the PCV was relocated into the valley pan. You can convert your existing valley pan to the LS6 version and there will be a red nipple allowing you to connect to the intake manifold.
The 04 C5’s came with this already installed. There is a outlet from the valley pan and another outlet at the intake manifold. They’re connected with a U shaped rubber hose.
So, that’s the way I understand the 04 change. There’s been a ton of ink at various other forums because no one can find the PCV and they don’t realized it’s been moved internally. Why hasn’t GM made a point of passing this issue on to LS1 owners? I found this at a site selling catch cans!!!

Yup. First ride here was a 72 TR-6. That's when I discovered what the term "mixed emotions" really meant. Thing is... neighbour down the street has one, and can't help but look every time I see it.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yup. First ride here was a 72 TR-6. That's when I discovered what the term "mixed emotions" really meant. Thing is... neighbour down the street has one, and can't help but look every time I see it.

Too funny. I can relate. I had a 70 Spitfire. I can still hear the British engineers laughing at me but I'm the same. I see one for sale and almost pull over to look at it... Then I give my head a good shake....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread