ctdrl-1

Jan 12, 2009
Saskatoon, Sask
VetteCoins
Just wondering where all my fellow members prefer to buy there Gas?

I am sure we all buy Premium at the pump, but around here I am always hearing stories of DON'T buy your gas at this store it is low quality, and DON'T buy it at that store because it's watered down, I think it is pretty much all just a old wives tale but just thought I would get your opinions....

Brent:canada:

P.S. MOD,S I was'nt sure where to put this thread so if its incorrect please move it.

When I was riding sportbikes with fuel injection, the thing them was to stay away from Shell gas. We usually used Petro-Can or Esso. Who knows if there was anything to it and I'm not sure if any of them get their gas from the same place anyway. I'd say it's a crapshoot! :D

Mostly at shell. Airmiles:D. No, in my Ranger I tryed a bunch of different places for my trips to PA and the best for milage always seemed to be shell (plus there is one close to my house). The worst places I found was Coop and Canadian Tire stations.

The car gets regular old regular, from shell.

T

I hope I can add some fact based substance to the conversation here.... I've been working in these refineries in project management for almost 15 years now :)

What I can say (at least in Western regions) is that Petro-Can is BY FAR the best fuel for your ride. In fact they are the only company that achieves and even exceeds the octane rating for the fuel you're purchasing. Some time ago, they were producing almost 90 octane for the regular pumps alone. Two of my vehicles were actually damaged by the whole Shell fuel fiasco back in early 2000 whereby Shell had to actually pay for the repairs to a number of vehicles. I was out 2 catalytic converters on my own nickel though on my Audi's (NOT cheap).

In a pinch I'll run Esso but Petro-Can is my first choice.

The highest octane I have seen in Saskatchewan is 91. I fill the Vette at Esso, and now will consider Petro because of HLN A55. Even though I try to find the cheapest crap for my truck, I know for a fact that my truck runs terribly on Shell fuel, so I never go there with any vehicle if I can help it.

Because of my tune, my car needs every last bit of octane, so I run Sunoco 94 in it. But in the wintertime I'll often run Shell or Petro 91, but I do get a little bit of pinging when I run those.

I hope I can add some fact based substance to the conversation here.... I've been working in these refineries in project management for almost 15 years now :)

What I can say (at least in Western regions) is that Petro-Can is BY FAR the best fuel for your ride. In fact they are the only company that achieves and even exceeds the octane rating for the fuel you're purchasing. Some time ago, they were producing almost 90 octane for the regular pumps alone. Two of my vehicles were actually damaged by the whole Shell fuel fiasco back in early 2000 whereby Shell had to actually pay for the repairs to a number of vehicles. I was out 2 catalytic converters on my own nickel though on my Audi's (NOT cheap).

Do tell! What was the Shell Fiasco? I may have forgotten (sometimers syndrome).

Shell had an issue with their fuel which apparently affected Toyota's, Audi's and VW's that damaged the fuel and pollution control systems... I think there may be some stuff on the net... I'll check. It was caused by an additive that they were adding in order to increase the octane to advertised levels tbough

:agree: I believe PetroCanada's premuim is 93 octane, (correct me if I'm wrong).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.