I'm sorry that I am an old fart and have to warn you, but don't mess with expirations of contracts. You will be driving it home on the 31st, or they will be seizing it and selling it at your expense. Where do you live? You should be able to take it home before the end of March for sure.

Yes, Vancouver Island is generally pretty enviable for their road conditions year round. I can handle snow without issue when the roads remain wet. I have driven in a LOT worse, lol. I would probably really like living there, but I don't dig the idea of being stuck on that island and having to take a plane or a ferry to get anywhere.

Let's see about when they start to fix the potholes and clean the streets, and maybe that will give me some time to fix my s**t. lol.
I'm an old fart too, six years retired. The car is in storage at my home but hasn't moved since October last year. I will be converting to full coverage before the policy expires on the 31st.

Reactions: Hotrodron and ccltj
Looking forward to gaining the experience of doing that at SM and THEN coming home to do it. Very confident that the experience will come with some practice. I have done it for many years on gravel roads with my little MGB but I have the confidence of knowing what to expect and how to steer and power it out.

Ya... it's nothing like the gravel banging. I know exactly what you are talking about as I grew in the middle of nowhere with cars to drive at will since I was 10. What do you think I did...?? Yup exactly.
Your Corvette will give you a little slip in the rear as you round the apex but that is done as soon as the power comes on. It's actually very underwhelming and hardly noticeable most times. You are in "Track mode - Sport 1"
Might be a whole different story without the AHM on but the car feels like it's on rails with it.
I remember shuddering when they said the instructor was going to take me on laps as the passenger with all nannies off. He made a point of showing me all was turned off before. Again.... hardly any oversteer. But what a ride.

Wellll, I’m glad I called Jim (Corvette Guy) from Northgate-in Alberta, and gave Him a deadline to do the dealer prep (install the XL splash guards and wicker bill mods, etc)-so I can take my New 2019 Z, and get it on the road-April 1! BECAUSE, today, on White Avenue in Edmonton, AB, I spied at 11:32AM, a very clean and shiny Yellow C6. I got the itch. Now let’s see if the dealership can get everything done in time. Zoom zoom!

Attachments

• 5EBAC955-3644-4212-B582-089AD0E79A73.jpeg
    5EBAC955-3644-4212-B582-089AD0E79A73.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 36
Wellll, I’m glad I called Jim (Corvette Guy) from Northgate-in Alberta, and gave Him a deadline to do the dealer prep (install the XL splash guards and wicker bill mods, etc)-so I can take my New 2019 Z, and get it on the road-April 1! BECAUSE, today, on White Avenue in Edmonton, AB, I spied at 11:32AM, a very clean and shiny Yellow C6. I got the itch. Now let’s see if the dealership can get everything done in time. Zoom zoom!
Another ‘Yellow’ Vette went by me, yesterday. This time a C7. Around 4:30pm. Turning right from 99st onto 63ave-Edmonton. Are these 2 yellow ‘Toys’ on This forum?? I did see the Sand Trucks, on some Major routes. Maybe we could be driving, even earlier. Perhaps, this week?!? :)

Reactions: ddgermann
Not my first ride, but I got out yesterday. 2.5hrs worth. 😁
Heyyyy! Picked up the Z (I haven’t driven a standard for long long long time. My knees were shaking, lol). The Sun came out. All is well, in the world.

Attachments

• D053DFE2-483C-4085-82F1-8513EE66A7FB.jpeg
    D053DFE2-483C-4085-82F1-8513EE66A7FB.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 32
  • D6C295C8-6C38-4EF2-8802-9604D5EC0D7C.jpeg
    D6C295C8-6C38-4EF2-8802-9604D5EC0D7C.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 6B7CCEE1-9A4D-4AF1-9E3D-55CA4513FAAF.jpeg
    6B7CCEE1-9A4D-4AF1-9E3D-55CA4513FAAF.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 35
Heyyyy! Picked up the Z (I haven’t driven a standard for long long long time. My knees were shaking, lol). The Sun came out. All is well, in the world.
I happened to be on the phone with the Parts Desk and them mentioning that someone was just picking up his Orange Corvette.
I replied that I know that happy fella ... I'm on my way up from Calgary tomorrow (Mar30th)
... too bad I just missed you - thx for posting the photos :thumbs:

I couldn't wait any longer being a nice day today with temperatures touching 18 degrees in the Fraser Valley and sunny. I decided to insure it for the road and put the plates back on it today rather than wait the 3 more days that my storage insurance policy still had left on it. I was shocked that even though it hadn't run since November it started right up as if it had just run recently. I checked my tire pressures did a bit of dusting, detailing, put the top down and took it for a run from Chilliwack to Rosedale over the bridge to Agassiz then the Lougheed Highway to Hope and Highway 1 back home. Before putting it away for today I stopped and topped off the tank with some 94 Octane Chevron for only $1.69.9 per liter :oops:. Fortunately I only used 9 liters for the run. Looking foreword to many hours behind the wheel with a big grin on my face since 2018's Corvette season was abbreviated by a couple of months due to my wife having hip replacement surgery last August.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread