I should, but I don't care about pot holes or sand/gravel. Once my back alley is dry, I'm outta there. I'm thinking Mid April! I'm crazy like that...
FRAK...errrrr, I forgot. ONCE Northgate is Dry enough, too-since I bought this Z Dec 21, they have kept it Tucked in, Nice and Warm! lol
Nice color - perfect handle for you eh?

Need a good and heavy early rain to clean the Calcium Chloride residue/dust of the roads.
The latest possible gremlin;
'It's destroying wiring, harnesses and it's causing huge problems with the electronics'
Wallis Snowdon · CBC News · Posted: Jul 12, 2017 9:38 AM MT | Last Updated: July 12, 2017
Beware of road rust: A new salt solution on Edmonton's winter roads will cause serious corrosion damage to cars and trucks. (The Canadian Press)
Still, overall you've got to drive them to enjoy them.

My 6 month storage policy expires March 31 so April 1st weather permitting. We've had a crazy winter this time with its late arrival mixed with a crazy warming period that caused things to start to green and bloom followed by a bitter cold snap and lots of snow. Having some crazy temperature swings between shorts and t-shirt weather followed by cold snaps and snow flurries. Last snow flurry was on Tuesday the 12th.

I'm envious but also happy for you. I did 3 days work in Victoria in early December and saw two Vettes cruising around town. That really got my dander up over living in Ottawa and being lucky if I have the Vette on the road by the end of April then back in storage at the end of October. Hope your spring comes extra early this year.

Reactions: Icecap and ccltj
Wow a lot of different times are posting here ....
But today I couldn't resist in sliding the cover of Roxxxy ....
And opening her up to sit in her for a bit ... lol .
Yupper it felt good and yes a little day dreaming of past memories on the open road ...
Won't be long now ....

How about may or june ? this is 2day march 16 my place , drove around with the Alpine , but it will take awhile for the piles to melt, was thinking of burning them but I don't want to pay Carbon Tax. More pics in another thread I'll start to show it's not fake news.

IM003566.JPG

IM003565.JPG

Yes I know that CCF members are from all parts of the globe ...
So taking that in consideration of your area of the globe ....
When do you think you will take your toy out for it's first ride of 2019 ????
Justt took it out of storage today , registration wise at least.
Hoping for the first small ride this weekend to get the EMC relearning after changing the IACs this winter.

My 6 month storage policy expires March 31 so April 1st weather permitting. We've had a crazy winter this time with its late arrival mixed with a crazy warming period that caused things to start to green and bloom followed by a bitter cold snap and lots of snow. Having some crazy temperature swings between shorts and t-shirt weather followed by cold snaps and snow flurries. Last snow flurry was on Tuesday the 12th.
I'm sorry that I am an old fart and have to warn you, but don't mess with expirations of contracts. You will be driving it home on the 31st, or they will be seizing it and selling it at your expense. Where do you live? You should be able to take it home before the end of March for sure.

I'm envious but also happy for you. I did 3 days work in Victoria in early December and saw two Vettes cruising around town. That really got my dander up over living in Ottawa and being lucky if I have the Vette on the road by the end of April then back in storage at the end of October. Hope your spring comes extra early this year.
Yes, Vancouver Island is generally pretty enviable for their road conditions year round. I can handle snow without issue when the roads remain wet. I have driven in a LOT worse, lol. I would probably really like living there, but I don't dig the idea of being stuck on that island and having to take a plane or a ferry to get anywhere.

Let's see about when they start to fix the potholes and clean the streets, and maybe that will give me some time to fix my s**t. lol.

Reactions: ccltj
A little over 100kms......today!!!
The first day of Spring 2019 - good on you Axe. Can't wait to get that feeling again and after my upcoming 2 days at Spring Mountain maybe I won't be anxious about tossing the arse end out. Hope you get lots more kms in the next few days.

The first day of Spring 2019 - good on you Axe. Can't wait to get that feeling again and after my upcoming 2 days at Spring Mountain maybe I won't be anxious about tossing the arse end out. Hope you get lots more kms in the next few days.

The rear end will move a bit if your doing it right. But have no worries.... it snaps back into place before you have time to worry as you accelerate out of the turn.
Your eyes will pop out later when you see the G meter on your PDR recordings. 👍
Have fun. 😀

Looking forward to gaining the experience of doing that at SM and THEN coming home to do it. Very confident that the experience will come with some practice. I have done it for many years on gravel roads with my little MGB but I have the confidence of knowing what to expect and how to steer and power it out.

Reactions: Hotrodron and ccltj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread