Looking at the long range weather for Southern Ontario and it looks like the fat lady is warming up on Corvette season.

I am debating on putting my C8 in hibernation for the winter sooner than later. I think I am going to give it a proper detail on Sat and put it away on Tuesday as its the only day that appears to be clear and sunny.

I am going to fill it up with premium, add some stabilizer and put 40 psi in the tires.

When are you putting yours to bed?
"When are you putting yours to bed?" =-putting winter tires on tomorrow and have driven my 2021 HTC the past winter and will do so again this winter-live north of Barrie so in the snowbelt-well it use to be!!- just requires gentle touch and drives great in even mediocre winter snowy roads-too great a ride to hang it up for 6+ months!!

Our deer look like anemic crack heads next to Alberta deer...
Looks like someone could be putting out some “ deer kibble “ on the back 40 here. Now that’s a rack . And yes there is more than one kind of rack, lol .
IMG_1262.jpeg

Looks like someone could be putting out some “ deer kibble “ on the back 40 here. Now that’s a rack . And yes there is more than one kind of rack, lol . View attachment 115831
He looks like a well fed whitetail. I know a game ranch owner in Saskatchewan quite well. They pump the mineral supplements into their animals so they will grow racks that US hunters crave. Personally I think they look really ugly but guys pay enormous money to shoot these there. The price for a whitetail this size or larger starts at $14,000.00 US.

Untitled.png

He looks like a well fed whitetail. I know a game ranch owner in Saskatchewan quite well. They pump the mineral supplements into their animals so they will grow racks that US hunters crave. Personally I think they look really ugly but guys pay enormous money to shoot these there. The price for a whitetail this size or larger starts at $14,000.00 US.

View attachment 115833
I gotta say that the rack on this guy doesn’t really look natural when I think about it. Looks more like something you’d see in a Viking movie.
IMG_1263.jpeg

View attachment 115833
Off the books business in a lot of cases . Money talks. Happens in a lot of different jurisdictions, all over the world. All good if it’s regulated and sustainable. And profitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents
Haven't hunted deer for years. Prefer the moose and elk meat in the freezer. I have deer running around my farm too. They know they are safe here other than my dogs barking at them.... lol...
Same. We don’t hunt much Whitetail. Too much effort for too little return. Will go for Muleys if drawn and if the draw zone is somewhat nearby. Going for Elk in three weeks as I was able to get a cow elk tag this year. We prefer Elk over beef.

Car was put away a month ago.

I gotta say that the rack on this guy doesn’t really look natural when I think about it. Looks more like something you’d see in a Viking movie.
The rack on this one looks real! :D

1698584255222.jpeg

Not too sure about that....
Carol Marie Wayne was an American television and film actress. She appeared regularly on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson as the Matinee Lady in the Art Fern's Tea Time Movie sketches.
Her earliest pics show here full chested.

Well, I think mine got its last wash and full detail today. A client of mine is heading to Florida for the winter on Nov 1 and said I could use the underground parking stall for her condo for the winter. The weather doesnt look that great and I think I will park it mid week if we get a dry day.

Attachments

• IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
My C8, goes to bed for winter, when the temps, stay below freezing. So the first snow, that does not melt away. I used to drive my cars year round, with 4 season tires and never had any problems. Then Quebec, forced us to winter tires by law, so I did till 2010. Then a friend of mine said , you get at least 5000$ more on trade ins, now more, when you do not take it out in winter. He was right. I used to trade my cars, every 2 to 3 years , so it was worth it. Savings on tires , insurance , registration etc. We have a car that goes year round , so why mess up my C8 bunny! Another reason, is I love change, and change costs a lot, so this way, every spring, it is like I have a new vehicle in spring because I have been driving a Volt for 5 months!!! Going from a Volt, to a sports car, is like going from winter to summer weather, in an instant.

Put mine away a week ago. Ol' Man Winter slammed into us three weeks early, didn't even have time to give it a wash. Trying to drive a Corvette in the winter in MB will guarantee a shortened lifespan from stress alone, never mind collisions.
Going to get studded tires this year for my Jeep. I find there is more ice in the winters in the last few years.

Reactions: Bixter44
Put mine away a week ago. Ol' Man Winter slammed into us three weeks early, didn't even have time to give it a wash. Trying to drive a Corvette in the winter in MB will guarantee a shortened lifespan from stress alone, never mind collisions.
Going to get studded tires this year for my Jeep. I find there is more ice in the winters in the last few years.
It’s that darn Carbon thing. Good thing there’s a price on it. Seems to be doing the job. :ROFL::ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: Bunny hop
Sadly, my Bunny C8, is in its hole, for winter. I verified the weather for the month of November here and that was it. Washed and stored officially . 390.00$ coming back from Quebec. I washed it and wiped it down but I also washed my keys in my work clothes and car towels.!!! They are very clean and still work. :p ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Sadly, my Bunny C8, is in its hole, for winter. I verified the weather for the month of November here and that was it. Washed and stored officially . 390.00$ coming back from Quebec. I washed it and wiped it down but I also washed my keys in my work clothes and car towels.!!! They are very clean and still work. :p ;)
My Bunny C8?! I have no words. Congrats, I have unsubscribed...

"When are you putting yours to bed?" =-putting winter tires on tomorrow and have driven my 2021 HTC the past winter and will do so again this winter-live north of Barrie so in the snowbelt-well it use to be!!- just requires gentle touch and drives great in even mediocre winter snowy roads-too great a ride to hang it up for 6+ months!!
Must wreak havoc with launch control .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.