Like I said, six and a half months. Also for most of that time we have considerably more light than you, almost up to double for a period of time. We are also the sunniest city in the country so it is far from all hardship . We can start a round of golf at 10 pm no problem , drive to one of the many surrounding lakes for world class fishing , go camping or drive to the mall as many times as we want . And it doesn’t take an hour to get there in six lane bumper to bumper traffic either. So no tears .

You just need a winter home in Tierra Del Fuego and you're set :)

You just need a winter home in Tierra Del Fuego and you're set :)
?????…..Panama maybe.
IMG_1260.jpeg

I think its awesome that you guys are going to drive your C8 in the winter. It just doesnt work for me for where I live. I dont like the idea of it getting chipped up from sand and gravel on the roads. I need the space in my driveway as much as anything as I will be bringing my snowmobile trailer out of summer storage on Nov 1 and according to my daughter, my crap is taking up too much Real Estate in the driveway. LOL.

I think its awesome that you guys are going to drive your C8 in the winter. It just doesnt work for me for where I live. I dont like the idea of it getting chipped up from sand and gravel on the roads. I need the space in my driveway as much as anything as I will be bringing my snowmobile trailer out of summer storage on Nov 1 and according to my daughter, my crap is taking up too much Real Estate in the driveway. LOL.
All good reasons to put that dream car in the garage for the winter - if you need reasons.

In my fantasy mind, my Vette needs me to drive it 12 months of every year. It sits in my garage and begs me to go out for a drive even when there is no defined destination. I can hear it moan and groan and squeal until I jump in the seat and punch the start button. Then it expresses appreciation by adjusting the seat, steering wheel and mirrors to my preferred driving geometry. Without asking, my Vette recommends that special road with limited traffic that has 2 roundabouts so it can confirm to me that it knows how to slide a bit while screaming its revs in 2nd gear once or twice around the circle. When it gets real dirty in winter, I take it for a bath at the local brushless car wash. Even the ragtop appreciates the massaging cleansing. What more can I say ... just lots of these :) :p :D

Cleaned my C7 inside and out last Saturday after I saw the forecast for Monday here. Covered and winterized and up on the lift now. Glad I didn't wait as our weather changed super fast. Woke up to a gorgeous sunrise one day and 7 inches of snow 2 days later.... lol...
PXL_20231003_133739281 (1).jpg

PXL_20231023_221345342.jpg

Cleaned my C7 inside and out last Saturday after I saw the forecast for Monday here. Covered and winterized and up on the lift now. Glad I didn't wait as our weather changed super fast. Woke up to a gorgeous sunrise one day and 7 inches of snow 2 days later.... lol...
View attachment 115724
View attachment 115723
Arrrgh! Really tough to see that first snowfall, especially when it is significant. The season is upon us. We are very fortunate to have some wonderful 'aboriginal summer' weather in the Ottawa region but know the white stuff will grace us soon.

Kids these days . :rofl1:

As much as I have no urge to drive my Vette in the snow anyway, you raise a valid point with the sand and gravel, not to mention the tons of salt and pickle juice they put on the roads. And then there's the 79.3% of people that have no freaking idea how to drive on slippery roads. My daily has been rear ended twice now in the winter. I'd blow a gasket if that happened to my Vette.

As much as I have no urge to drive my Vette in the snow anyway, you raise a valid point with the sand and gravel, not to mention the tons of salt and pickle juice they put on the roads. And then there's the 79.3% of people that have no freaking idea how to drive on slippery roads. My daily has been rear ended twice now in the winter. I'd blow a gasket if that happened to my Vette.
There should be some kind of test before people are handed keys . Just saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.