Jul 4, 2019
Elora
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray
Province
ON
Does anyone use these dollies to move their car around? It would be nice to get the car as close to the wall as possible to get more room in the garage during the winter months. I have a double garage with 2 cars in it so space is tight.
I read one person said that he has to be careful when pushing on the car as to not dent the body. I don't know how good or easy they would roll.

Last edited:
Does anyone use these dollies to move there car around? It would be nice to get the car as close to the wall as possible to get more room in the garage during the winter months. I have a double garage with 2 cars in it so space is tight.
I read one person said that he has to be careful when pushing on the car as to not dent the body. I don't know how good or easy they would roll.
@Black 03 Z06 might be able to comment here. I know he use to use dollies in the winter.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I originally bought a set of dollies to use on my Donzi 22' Classic. Heavy boat but with two people we could move it.

They do work well and here are a few tips to make life easier.

First ensure the garage floor is spotless, even the smallest piece of gravel will bring things to a sudden halt.

Before letting the car down on the dollies make sure the dollie wheels are pointed in the direction you want the car to go. Trying to make the small wheels on the dollies turn is difficult.

When I had my Corvette on them I pushed only on the wheels, one person on the front one on the rear. Use the wheels to reverse the procedure. Never pushed on the body at all.

Give yourself some room on the side you are moving the vehicle to, make sure that there is nothing on that side you need to take care of.

The dollies work well buy good ones and take your time. They will solve your storage issues.

Let us know how it all works out.

When the car is tight to a wall and you can’t get your body in there, where do you push on the car to move it away from the wall? Or do you pull on the opposite side wheels?
Again two people required to pull on the front and rear wheels together. You need help because you do not want the car to pivot potentially hitting the wall with the front or rear body work. Once you move it a foot or so you can push from the wall side. Don't make it difficult on yourself it really is not that hard.
That's the other thing being too close stops you from putting on the cover and getting it back away from the wall. I guess I will pass on this idea, thanks guys.
The car cover should already be on when you move it. Maybe overthinking it but it is not difficult and certainly gives you the room you need for winter storage. Good luck no matter how you do it, just be careful with the beast!!

I've used wheel dollies in the past, pushing only on the wheels like others have mentioned.
The hard part is pulling the car away from the wall. I found using a thick rope passed through the wheel rims worked for me. Pulling on a rope gives you more leverage.

I dunno. Do you really need 2 or 3 inches? I had a small garage in Markham and I backed the Camaro in every night close to the wall. We had to do that because there was only enough room between the cars to open one door. So one backed in and the other drove straight in close to the wall also. It worked. I let my wife drive straight in and she had no problems getting close to the wall in her car.

Yes that's what we do now Murray, maybe I'm being too picky you guys got me torn with the pros and cons, it's a little close getting the snow thrower out. lol:Banghead:
It was 20+ years ago, but as I recall I had the snowblower at the back in-between the two cars, so I'd just push / pull it straight out. It does take preplanning for sure. Shelves at the back of the garage hung from the roof etc.

1697118355500.jpeg

1697118378292.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: MKC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.