"Car Shield does that"
There are more than one. Google reviews on First Canadian Financial Group claims are dreadful as well. When I bought my C7, Wheatons in Red Deer tried to talk me into the extended warranty from FCFG. Once I reviewed it and the fine print (and talked to the service manager at the time), I said no, but I would buy the GMC extended warranty. The finance guy advised that they only sell the FCFG warranty so I walked. Then found out that FCFG is owned by Wheaton group in Edmonton...That explained a lot lol...

There are more than one. Google reviews on First Canadian Financial Group claims are dreadful as well. When I bought my C7, Wheatons in Red Deer tried to talk me into the extended warranty from FCFG. Once I reviewed it and the fine print (and talked to the service manager at the time), I said no, but I would buy the GMC extended warranty. The finance guy advised that they only sell the FCFG warranty so I walked. Then found out that FCFG is owned by Wheaton group in Edmonton...That explained a lot lol...
I've seen this topic discussed many times over the last 15 years on the RV forums, "should I get the extended warranty?", and the response was more often negative, and fairly consistent. Put the e-warranty premium $$ in an investment/e-savings account, at 5% or near, and leave it there for the repair costs, as they arise. Most of the horror stories were claim denials and the resulting effort required to try to pry a few dollars out of the warranty companies, usually without success. These stories are all over the internet, as you suggest.
For me, avoid, cross fingers, exhale.

I've seen this topic discussed many times over the last 15 years on the RV forums, "should I get the extended warranty?", and the response was more often negative, and fairly consistent. Put the e-warranty premium $$ in an investment/e-savings account, at 5% or near, and leave it there for the repair costs, as they arise. Most of the horror stories were claim denials and the resulting effort required to try to pry a few dollars out of the warranty companies, usually without success. These stories are all over the internet, as you suggest.
For me, avoid, cross fingers, exhale.
Agree. My C7 turned 8 this year and has never had a glitch. For the guys that feel they sleep better with the extended warranty, I sincerely hope that if you ever have to use it, it works out well for you.

• Agree
Reactions: MKinOntario
Agree. My C7 turned 8 this year and has never had a glitch. For the guys that feel they sleep better with the extended warranty, I sincerely hope that if you ever have to use it, it works out well for you.
The extended warranty was a no brainer for me. I always buy it, but with the Beretta it paid for itself and all the other cars! LOL
For wheels and tires, I wouldn't bother. They are cheap enough if one does it to themselves like curb rash etc. and if a pothole does it the township / region will pay for it. Especially if you opted for a 2LT and above. The camera is damning evidence.

Berreta? Wow.
Good point about the camera.
Is there a provincial statute that covers damage to personal property by neglected public infrastructure?
Around here, the state of repair of the roadways is shocking. Like traveling a minefield.
Sarnia Public Works uses the "shovel full of loose warm asphalt" repair method for all their infrastructure renewal projects.
They don't even bother to try to grade it with the rest of the roadway. Sewer covers, the same. Way out of grade most of them.
If there's legal recourse, please advise....

Berreta? Wow.
Is there a provincial statute that covers damage to personal property by neglected public infrastructure?
Around here, the state of repair of the roadways is shocking. Like traveling a minefield.
Sarnia Public Works uses the "shovel full of loose warm asphalt" repair method for all their infrastructure renewal projects.
They don't even bother to try to grade it with the rest of the roadway. Sewer covers, the same. Way out of grade most of them.
All regions have a fund for this stuff.
Uxbridge has a shared fund with Durham, which paid for my tire and bent rim on a pothole

1693333875980.png

All regions have a fund for this stuff.
Uxbridge has a shared fund with Durham, which paid for my tire and bent rim on a pothole

View attachment 113607
Yikes. That looks nasty.
Did you just make a trip to city hall or the regional offices and ask about compensation?
Honestly, I've never considered something like this before.
Take a phone camera/sd card reader with you and show them?
I'll definitely keep this in mind, if the worst should ever happen.

Yikes. That looks nasty.
Did you just make a trip to city hall or the regional offices and ask about compensation?
Honestly, I've never considered something like this before.
Take a phone camera/sd card reader with you and show them?
I'll definitely keep this in mind, if the worst should ever happen.
I did it by phone and email.
If I recall correctly I contacted Uxbridge maintenance department, specifically the roads department. I think they may have forwarded me to the right person in Durham region.
I also had the dealer take a video of the bent rim on the balancing machine. He just spun it by hand and it clearly wobbled.

• Useful
Reactions: MKinOntario
I did it by phone and email.
If I recall correctly I contacted Uxbridge maintenance department, specifically the roads department. I think they may have forwarded me to the right person in Durham region.
I also had the dealer take a video of the bent rim on the balancing machine. He just spun it by hand and it clearly wobbled.
I like email. Phone, not so much.
Mental note added, in amongst the GPS maps. :Biggrin:

Berreta? Wow.
I bent a rim on my 2019 Grand Sport 4 weeks after taking possession when I hit a pot hole on Hwy 401 just northwest of Toronto airport. Unbelievable there was no tire damage. Filed a claim with MTO, they gave it a file number and handed it off to an adjuster who eventually denied the claim. Lots of baffle gab from the adjuster but long story short they said that hundreds and hundreds of cars drove past that "minor road blemish" and no other complaints were received. I appealed without success.

I bent a rim on my 2019 Grand Sport 4 weeks after taking possession when I hit a pot hole on Hwy 401 just northwest of Toronto airport. Unbelievable there was no tire damage. Filed a claim with MTO, they gave it a file number and handed it off to an adjuster who eventually denied the claim. Lots of baffle gab from the adjuster but long story short they said that hundreds and hundreds of cars drove past that "minor road blemish" and no other complaints were received. I appealed without success.
Did you not have your PDR running?

Did you not have your PDR running?
Unfortunately no. Since it was a 2019 it did not have the ability to run continuously. It was also in a "construction zone" although no one slowed down and what part of the 401 west of the airport has not been a construction zone for the past decade. While on the topic of the PDR, I was T-boned by an out of control C7 on the Tail of The Dragon a few years ago and it destroyed my 2017 GS from the driver's door back. The rear suspension was torn off and lots of damage in the driver's side rear quarter - no one was hurt. I did have the PDR on that time and when I went to play it back the file had been corrupted beyond recovery. Even sent it out to an IT service and they couldn't recover it although suggested another source that would have been quite expensive so I dropped it as fault in the accident was not being disputed. The control box for a significant amount of electronics was apparently located in that left rear wheel well.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
The 401 doesn't run north and west of Pearson. It runs to the south of the airport, east/west.
Regardless, I know of which you speak, having driven that stretch of highway regularly from 1993 to 2004.
Burlington to North York several days a week, after my career took a turn for the worse and relocated to Vic Park/401.
QEW then 403/427/DVP to 401, reverse, rinse, repeat.
Saw my share of disabled vehicles over that decade, and more than a few accidents, up close and personal.
For reasons known only to (enter preferred deity here), I wasn't one of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.