Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
Jacking up the car tonight and for some reason the jack slipped off my permanent jacking puck and onto the ACS side rocker panel. I didn't realize it until I
heard some weird creaking noises and I released the jack as soon as I realized what was happening. The ACS rocker is fine but what is underneath? I am assuming if the rocker didn't break everything else should be ok, except I can’t see under the side rocker.

Jacking up the car tonight and for some reason the jack slipped off my permanent jacking puck and onto the ACS side rocker panel. I didn't realize it until I
heard some weird creaking noises and I released the jack as soon as I realized what was happening. The ACS rocker is fine but what is underneath? I am assuming if the rocker didn't break everything else should be ok, except I can’t see under the side rocker.
If it's anything at all like my C7 Al, which I have no idea, it's aluminum square tubing. Surely someone who also installed their own rockers will chime in.

Reactions: Cariboocreek
If it's anything at all like my C7 Al, which I have no idea, it's aluminum square tubing. Surely someone who also installed their own rockers will chime in.
Doesn't look like any damage and feels identical to the other side. PSA is that my hockey puck on my jack slipped off the jacking puck mounted to the car. No idea how or why. Went about two inches towards the outside and sat on the side rocker with the car jacked up in the air. All looks ok though.

Jacks are dangerous creatures.

Doesn't look like any damage and feels identical to the other side. PSA is that my hockey puck on my jack slipped off the jacking puck mounted to the car. No idea how or why. Went about two inches towards the outside and sat on the side rocker with the car jacked up in the air. All looks ok though.

Jacks are dangerous creatures.
lol. Yes. I have a lot of respect for jacks...Some jacks... lol... Obviously it didn't slip far enough to look for the rocker to supply full support. That would not have been pretty. You got lucky I'd say. :thumbs:

lol. Yes. I have a lot of respect for jacks...Some jacks... lol... Obviously it didn't slip far enough to look for the rocker to supply full support. That would not have been pretty. You got lucky I'd say. :thumbs:
So took a good look this morning and what appears to have happened is the hockey puck itself snapped in half. Didn't come completely apart but enough to cause movement in the jack itself. Slid about 2 to 3” and sat totally on the ACS side rocker. Those ACS parts are tough and after a cleaning there isn't even a mark on the rocker. I am assuming if no damage to the aftermarket rocker panel there is likely nothing damaged underneath.

So took a good look this morning and what appears to have happened is the hockey puck itself snapped in half. Didn't come completely apart but enough to cause movement in the jack itself. Slid about 2 to 3” and sat totally on the ACS side rocker. Those ACS parts are tough and after a cleaning there isn't even a mark on the rocker. I am assuming if no damage to the aftermarket rocker panel there is likely nothing damaged underneath.
So obviously it stayed on the portion of the rocker mounted against the frame. No way the rocker would have held the weight if it had slid out to the unsupported portion.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.