re-read your original post
U got what U paid and used the car for 2 full driving seasons. WOW

U get a brand new one sooner than waiting for MSRP. WOW

and yet you complain. WOW

U saved the tax on the trade in. WOW

U missed the boat so as to speak. WOW

this thread. WOW but not priceless,
think you missed an opportunity that was quite fair to get a better dream car
you are not the owner of the new car and why should you make both sides of the deal and the dealer who
was trying to do you a small favour lose on both ends, no money on the trade and only msrp on the new one yiu got many many months early than most

remind me not to make any deals with you on take off tires or whatever
let us know how soon you make a deal on a new one
and

HOW MUCH MORE YOU MADE COMPARED TO THE DEAL YIU JUST PASSED ON

just saying I disagree with your thoughts
enjoy the week yiu still have a really nice car you can sell quickly for a 15 k profit if you wish

re-read your original post
U got what U paid and used the car for 2 full driving seasons. WOW

U get a brand new one sooner than waiting for MSRP. WOW

and yet you complain. WOW

U saved the tax on the trade in. WOW

U missed the boat so as to speak. WOW

this thread. WOW but not priceless,
think you missed an opportunity that was quite fair to get a better dream car
you are not the owner of the new car and why should you make both sides of the deal and the dealer who
was trying to do you a small favour lose on both ends, no money on the trade and only msrp on the new one yiu got many many months early than most

remind me not to make any deals with you on take off tires or whatever
let us know how soon you make a deal on a new one
and

HOW MUCH MORE YOU MADE COMPARED TO THE DEAL YIU JUST PASSED ON

just saying I disagree with your thoughts
enjoy the week yiu still have a really nice car you can sell quickly for a 15 k profit if you wish
wait, you are blaming a guy for not trading in his car below market value and justifying a dealer refusing to sell him the car he ordered unless he trades his other car in at a loss?

I think you missed the fact that his dealer refused to sell him the car that he ordered unless he traded in his 1st C8.

Hey fellas: his car, money and choice: he has to look in the mirror and live with whatever he decides. Having said that, he did ask for opinions but ultimately, it's his call. Who knows, maybe he sells his C8 for $15,000 over and finds another deal elsewhere for a better price. Time will tell and I wish him well. Good luck ian1975.

Hey fellas: his car, money and choice: he has to look in the mirror and live with whatever he decides...[/USER].

I guess the response "his car, money" could be applied to almost every thread and so ends the forum, however, if you reread the thread title: "What would you guys do?" implies requesting opinions theoretically based on "if my car, my money"

What’s the name of the dealership? This would help other members so they don’t end up in your situation.
Damn, I wish I was in the same situation! Dealer calls me out of the blue, offers a new C8 with my exact specs with delivery within a couple of months and at MSRP, and offers to buy the original car at the original sale price!?
I would jump on that in a heartbeat! How many other members on this forum have ever received such an offer? One of our Quebec members waited close to 3 years for a C8 not exactly to his specs!

I guess the response "his car, money" could be applied to almost every thread and so ends the forum, however, if you reread the thread title: "What would you guys do?" implies requesting opinions theoretically based on "if my car, my money"
Well we know that opinions are like ……

I do think the dealership was taking advantage of the OPs situation here so I don't blame him. Having sold 2 C8's in a similar fashion and receiving the tax credit on each trade, both of my dealers were way more fair than this situation with at least $10k+ received on the trades on top as well. But that was 1-2 years ago...

The market is softening a bit and it makes me wonder how these C8s at year 4 are still commanding premiums considering there are 282 C8's for sale on trader this evening across Canada. That's a ton of choice. Plus we are seeing MSRP deals offered on Facebook and forums in the US...supply could be finally catching up.

I do think the dealership was taking advantage of the OPs situation here so I don't blame him. Having sold 2 C8's in a similar fashion and receiving the tax credit on each trade, both of my dealers were way more fair than this situation with at least $10k+ received on the trades on top as well. But that was 1-2 years ago...

The market is softening a bit and it makes me wonder how these C8s at year 4 are still commanding premiums considering there are 282 C8's for sale on trader this evening across Canada. That's a ton of choice. Plus we are seeing MSRP deals offered on Facebook and forums in the US...supply could be finally catching up.
I think what you got was reasonable of $10k+, and that is what I suggested to OP.

But your comment of C8 being available at MSRP on dealer lots in USA is not applicable to Canada, as US got around 25,000 cars in 2021 and 2022 but Canada got 1889 in 2021 and only 1014 in 2022.

In 2023 Canada might get only around 800 C8s and 50 Z06s. So the demand for C8 in Canada is growing. In 2020 wait times from top 3 dealers were 1 year, in 2022 they are 2.5 years.

Still waiting 15 months for an allocation from either my Big 3 dealer or my smaller dealer. When it does come I may still not get the specs I want with constraints. Offer me no wait with what I want at MSRP ... where do I sign? My opinion is if it is all about making money ... good choice. If you are more about getting the car of your dreams and don't want to wait and still fight off constraints ... you missed a gift!

Still waiting 15 months for an allocation from either my Big 3 dealer or my smaller dealer. When it does come I may still not get the specs I want with constraints. Offer me no wait with what I want at MSRP ... where do I sign? My opinion is if it is all about making money ... good choice. If you are more about getting the car of your dreams and don't want to wait and still fight off constraints ... you missed a gift!
I agree, but what if you got that offer but you were told that you must trade in your other car at a loss and that if you refused the deal was off?

Based on the fact that this dealer 1. sold other C8s for 22k over MSRP for the purposes of export. 2. offered allocation to OP who was not on the list while people are waiting 3 years on lists and 3. refused to sell the car unless OP traded in his other car is 3 strikes for that dealer.

I ask again for @ian1975 to tell us the name of the dealer so they can't do this to other members of the corvette community.

I agree, but what if you got that offer but you were told that you must trade in your other car at a loss and that if you refused the deal was off?

Based on the fact that this dealer 1. sold other C8s for 22k over MSRP for the purposes of export. 2. offered allocation to OP who was not on the list while people are waiting 3 years on lists and 3. refused to sell the car unless OP traded in his other car is 3 strikes for that dealer.

I ask again for @ian1975 to tell us the name of the dealer so they can't do this to other members of the corvette community.
I guess I am confused at saying it is a LOSS? The Dealer made an offer and Ian doesn't like it.... that is the fact. He didn't have to accept, which is what he chose to do. I personally think that Greed is getting in the way of people enjoying the car for what it is .. a car! In the end a transaction (which is what it was) fell through! Move on! It's not like they charged him for items that he didn't want after the fact like what happened to someone else. JMO.

When some of you are saying that a dealer is willing to take your C8 trade in and give you what you paid for it so you can order a newer C8 (or other vehicle at that dealership) is the dealer giving you what you actually paid to drive it off the lot or they are giving you the MSRP price of the C8 you drove for a few years less your taxes and whatever that you paid when you picked up the car???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.