It’s would be interesting to find out what both these cars go for. The one in Vancouver is there now so wow.. it’s likely going to be high.
I get maximizing profits but this just reaks of bad taste for a “dealership” as it’s almost certain they both have a que of people with the $ who would quietly and happily buy the cars. :Stinkyfeet:

Reactions: Cruzin and frankmp
It’s would be interesting to find out what both these cars go for. The one in Vancouver is there now so wow.. it’s likely going to be high.
I get maximizing profits but this just reaks of bad taste for a “dealership” as it’s almost certain they both have a que of people with the $ who would quietly and happily buy the cars. :Stinkyfeet:

Exactly. Reaching out quietly to your high value customers is one thing, calling it the special bid war bonanza is quite the other. Anyway rant over, good info for anyone that wants one bad.

Reactions: ddgermann
This type of bidding will attract high end buyers and soothes the winners ego. I guess I won't be there. lol

I suppose it might attract some but this is a corvette (working mans car) not a rare exotic super car that these guys buy for their teenage kids, and garage dust collectors.
It’s a Chevy dealership not a RR, MB or Lambo place of purchase and service where you have a concierge for your every whim.
I’m sure the car will sell for a heck of a high price but who would pay even more for a Chevy that will see depreciation at an unprecedented level the next day? I can’t see many who would actually see a big dent in the bank account buying into this.
I mean I wanted one of these cars bad and thought I got one but when my dealer made it clear I would be bidding on it after them sitting on my 20k deposit for almost a year, I took my money back. I was so annoyed I walked 10’, dug into my pocket and bought the wife a Cadillac instead. Yup I really showed them.
:rofl:
Tender subject with me but clearly these are the king of all Corvettes and the GM signature car for power and capabilities; but how much is it worth? 165k? Or 230ish K?

Some dealerships..... ;)

it says 3 month or 6000 km warranty, is that all it comes with from factory ?

I would say that's a used car warranty Michael. As well as being a greedy dealership, they also don't have anyone proofing their advertisements..lol.. I would assume that full GM factory warranty would apply here....

Reactions: Dantanman
I assume there are many out there capable of paying over $100,000 for a car. To me paying that much for a car with over 600 h/p which one can't use in normal everyday driving doesn't make much sense to me. As the old adage says, " to each his own."

I assume there are many out there capable of paying over $100,000 for a car. To me paying that much for a car with over 600 h/p which one can't use in normal everyday driving doesn't make much sense to me. As the old adage says, " to each his own."

What is HP over 175 used for in any light car with respect to normal driving? Your ZR1 certainly has far more than that.
Not much about owning any Corvette makes sense by these standards. But we drive them because we love them.
Actually, once you drive a Corvette with more than 600 HP... at 100K it starts to make sense fairly quickly. All in all the new ZR1 is a pretty good price at MSRP but I agree with you that 200 K or more doesn't make sense. :)

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
It’s would be interesting to find out what both these cars go for. . :Stinkyfeet:
Derek...called Cody at lakewood just now to see what transpired last weekend as I didnt go what with the crappy weather. Well the sales gimmick didnt pan out.... still available. He mentioned msrp works. But with late build likely no driving until 2019....

Derek...called Cody at lakewood just now to see what transpired last weekend as I didnt go what with the crappy weather. Well the sales gimmick didnt pan out.... still available. He mentioned msrp works. But with late build likely no driving until 2019....

Could take it to the USA and enjoy it in Las Vegas / Palm Springs / Phoenix over the winter.... did that with my ZR1 as bought it in Seattle January 2012 and drove it down the coast and then to Vegas. then drove it here late April.

B

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.