Keith I'm not sure if we are talking about the same car there was also a blown BB/A or AA (can't remember) out of Hutchinson Motors in London or Alymer, the following link brought back memories of a lot of good cars that ran in Ontario back in the day. Altered Memories

that's the car i remembered. i could have sworn it got hemi power after the small block though, but i guess i'm lucky to have remembered this much :D either way it sure shook things up at the nats. being at the 67 nats is so far beyond cool that i don't think there's even an adjective for it !!!!! when i get a car put together it's my plan to do some nostalgia racing.

It was back around 2000 when we saw the car and I believe someone said that it was hemi powered at some point in its past racing career. I don't know what it has for power now. It could very well be the same car. I believe it is running on the ONDR circuit now.

rbelt car did get a hemi later in it's career. I was lucky enough to attend the nationals from the mid 60s to the early 70s, best moment for me was being on the starting line when Garlits shaved his beard off after just winning top fuel and finally getting his car into the 6s.

aah......big daddy, my hero. love those swamp rats. i need to make the pilgramage to ocala. my buddy brings me shirts autographed by don. my friend says garlits goes around the museum with you and it is fabulous !!!! :coolgleam: the 67 nats were something else, you are so lucky to have been there.

i remember. what about tommy ivo and his multi engined nailheads, or some of art arfons creations [ allison aircraft powered ]. i remember reading an interview with don prudhomme where he said they used to go fuel racing for about 4000 bucks !!! " i love the smell of nitromethane in the morning, smells like victory " apologies to robert duvall. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.