Yes I remember it well -- too well. My first marriage began that year and lasted 10 years. Centennial, Expo, my first big promo, first car and a bunch of other stuff.

A reasonable year.

C.

I was 21 in '67 and traded off my '66 283 Sport Deluxe Beaumont to a guy for his '66 396 4 speed Beaumont. After all those 44 big block years, all I have left is enough parts to build a couple of 396 engines and a couple of M20 four speeds. Those were great times to be into the musclecar scene, but it did keep us broke. There wouldn't have been a single person on the present Leaf team that was even born in '67. :)

I am a little younger than you guys; not much though. I do remember 67, but maybe not as clear as you all.............. To quote Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane fame :
"If you remember the 60's, you weren't really there".

I was 21 working for a consulting engineer building Highway 403 up the escarpment in Hamilton. Spent Labour Day at Indianapolis Raceway Park (Indy Nationals) camping at the drive inn. At the time I was driving a maroon Acadian (Pontiac version of a Chevy II). That car won me a trophy at the legendary :) Niagara Dragstrip. Also went to St. Thomas and Cayuga.

Got my first 35mm Camera for my 21st from my parents, music at that time was tremendous, a lot of social changes as well, exciting time to live in.
Girlfriends name was Shirley, no it didn't have a happy ending. Living in Ancaster. As good as those days were THIS is still the best time of my life.

67 indy nationals,wow,- off the scale on cool chart !!! :coolgleam: do you recall if that southern ontario fiat toppolino was there ? i don't remember if it was hemi powered by then or still a small block chev. i do remember though that car surprised alot of folks at national events. :canada:

Oh Yeah I remember '67

I was 19 and bought my first new car ... a Red 1967 Chev Impala SS . That car was the biggest LEMON I ever owned . Not only that, it was jinxed !

I had the car fifteen minutes, and drunk rear-ended me .. that was just the start.
I took a trip to Vancouver and back, and the car used 25 quarts of oil ! (283 powerglide) GM never could fix it ..they rebuilt it several times on Warranty.

I could tell you stories about that car you wouldn't believe ... That's also when found out that red cars were bad luck !:swear:

Oh Yeah I remember '67

I was 19 and bought my first new car ... a Red 1967 Chev Impala SS . That car was the biggest LEMON I ever owned . Not only that, it was jinxed !

I had the car fifteen minutes, and drunk rear-ended me .. that was just the start.
I took a trip to Vancouver and back, and the car used 25 quarts of oil ! (283 powerglide) GM never could fix it ..they rebuilt it several times on Warranty.

I could tell you stories about that car you wouldn't believe ... That's also when found out that red cars were bad luck !:swear:

Wow, UJ......I had a '68 rag 307ci and it was one of the best I owned. It wasn't born red - it was a putrid lime green but I fixed that: I eventually painted it red!

Sorry for your bad luck in '67 but my good luck made up for it in '68.:D

I must say that oil burning in your '67 was monumental -- and probably hard to keep up with. I bet you didn't go too far without a case of oil with you.

C.

I was born in April of '66 so not any good memories of '67. :rofl: Our family drove out west that summer in our '62 Pontiac Laurention. We have some old Super 8 movies that my Dad had put on DVD to help me "remember" the trip. My best recollections start around late '69.

images

2d9o9vp.jpg

I was born in April of '66 so not any good memories of '67. :rofl: Our family drove out west that summer in our '62 Pontiac Laurention. We have some old Super 8 movies that my Dad had put on DVD to help me "remember" the trip. My best recollections start around late '69.

well greg it's nice to have recorded family times too, because it can help develop a feel for the era. i just can't help but get a chuckle though wondering how many new parents went west in those days in a v.w. bus with babies named moonbeam or earthchild or something !!! :rofl:

I was 18 in 1967... Graduated high school June 15th.. joined Royal Cdn. Air force June 19th... left for basic training July 2nd...
Arrived CFB Clinton Sept 12th... got married Oct 13th.... bought first new car Nov 7th.... 1968 Black VW....

oh yea and the leafs did something

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.