Featured Thread
Having raced an open wheel single seater on circuits for 18 years, I’m not much interested in 0 to 60 times (or roundie round racing). We had to brake, accelerate, and turn left and right, all on the edge of traction, with competitors in close proximity
notwithstanding, I respect those that choose to compete in a straight line or compete turning left only. We each have our own passion. I doubt I will use launch control more than once in my C8 (gotta try it out, right?)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Not much to say. 18 years regional racing in ontario. Mosport, Shannonville Calabogie
hard to match the rush of a race start with 10 or 12 cars going in to corner 1 at mosport, all with their foot flat to the floor wanting to occupy the same space; or turning in to corner 8 at 130 mph with your cheeks squeezed
great entertainment. Miss it much. Would love to get a lapping session at the mosport pro track in the C8.

First launch control done tonight! 1st try had a great launch but not timed, 2nd had some tire slippage but it was a 2.9! It’s only 10 degrees out! I’m very surprised.
I've found that you also have to pick the right road. Not to old and not too dirty. I've done a 2.7 and a 2.8 both on the same road. New pavement, but not done in the conventional way. They let the traffic pack it down. It's not the gravel and tar you find on may country roads either, but somewhere in between.

Last drive before the snow flies today, 1 degree out, 2.8 0-60 with poor traction....
BBEE986B-4C7B-42AC-B219-22680176CD04.jpeg

All, have been reading about these crazy You Tube kids and the crap they are doing to their 2020's ( purchased by daddy I assume or through online money ) regardless. I have yet to see anyone post anything below 2.7s on a 0-60. Any serious crazy numbers are resulting in blown engines or rear ends. I though I would try my luck with my completely stock (sorry I change the valve stem caps to black from silver) 2020 that had 762 miles on the odometer when I left the garage tonight.

I learned how to use the launch control (where else You Tube) and took my new Convertible Z51 out for a try. After figuring it out (the brake needs to be pushed to the firewall to get it to rev to 3500rpm) I did three respectable pulls of 3.1s. There was a little wheel slip but nothing serious to report. I figured not bad as it is a convertible. I turned around and headed for home and on the last straight stretch I tried one more time. This thing hooked up and did nothing but pull hard; when I looked at the dash it told me the story, 2.6 s. I will attach the picture I took of the dash and after back in the garage.

How are your Verts running?

Dash shot showing 2.6s, 0-60
View attachment 44994

Back in the garage with her older brother
View attachment 44995
Haven't tried launch control yet as I haven't reached 2,400KM yet. Perhaps next summer. 2.6 is impressive!

Haven't tried launch control yet as I haven't reached 2,400KM yet. Perhaps next summer. 2.6 is impressive!
What happens at 2400 KMS?
It only says this
For the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi): . Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities. . Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher than normal

I recall reading that the full break-in (2,414KM) should be done before using launch control. I'll check to see where I got the info from and if I find it, I'll let you knw where I got this from.

What happens at 2400 KMS?
It only says this
For the first 2 414 km (1,500 mi): . Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools, or similar activities. . Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher than normal
It's mentioned on page 194 of the Owner's manual
Lauch Control Pg 194.JPG

Ya, but the break in period is up to 800 km's not 2400
From what I've read in the owners manual is there's actually three phases for the break-in as noted on page 162 of the owners manual. The first 200KM is for brakes and tires, the next is 800KM for the engine (OK to exceed 4000RPM), and finally 2414KM, which is for the full break-in (driveline). I typically follow the recommendations in the owners manual but know a lot of folks that will drive their new cars like they stole them. It's all about personal preference.

From what I've read in the owners manual is there's actually three phases for the break-in as noted on page 162 of the owners manual. The first 200KM is for brakes and tires, the next is 800KM for the engine (OK to exceed 4000RPM), and finally 2414KM, which is for the full break-in (driveline). I typically follow the recommendations in the owners manual but know a lot of folks that will drive their new cars like they stole them. It's all about personal preference.

Absolutely do what you want. It's your car!
The manual says avoid full throttle until 800 and full throttle is pretty much what launch control is. It modulates traction and engine. Until 2400 your not supposed to race or track the car. That puts a heck of a lot more strain on everything than the launch control does.
Anyway, like I said it's your car, I was just wondering why you were waiting until 2400.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread