Casual User
May 14, 2017
Chicago Illinois
VetteCoins
Car
2020 Z51 HTC
Province
USA
All, have been reading about these crazy You Tube kids and the crap they are doing to their 2020's ( purchased by daddy I assume or through online money ) regardless. I have yet to see anyone post anything below 2.7s on a 0-60. Any serious crazy numbers are resulting in blown engines or rear ends. I though I would try my luck with my completely stock (sorry I change the valve stem caps to black from silver) 2020 that had 762 miles on the odometer when I left the garage tonight.

I learned how to use the launch control (where else You Tube) and took my new Convertible Z51 out for a try. After figuring it out (the brake needs to be pushed to the firewall to get it to rev to 3500rpm) I did three respectable pulls of 3.1s. There was a little wheel slip but nothing serious to report. I figured not bad as it is a convertible. I turned around and headed for home and on the last straight stretch I tried one more time. This thing hooked up and did nothing but pull hard; when I looked at the dash it told me the story, 2.6 s. I will attach the picture I took of the dash and after back in the garage.

How are your Verts running?

Dash shot showing 2.6s, 0-60
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 23.25.19.png

Back in the garage with her older brother
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 23.26.14.png

we don’t race in Canada, we wax

perhaps you are on the wrong forum?

👍🥂😋👏🥰😝🥵🤢👹😈

0-60 isn't racing. Perhaps you need to get a car that goes faster to understand what racing is. Before you attack someone perhaps you should read their profile. We just moved to the US 3 years ago. BTW, I am as Canadian as Canadian can be. Born in Sudbury, family in Sudbury, lineage back to 50 years before confederation. In case you do not know when that is; it was in 1867. I also joined the forum when I was in Canada. Rebuilt 7 muscle cars in Canada from the age of 16 to 50. Owned 15 plus total and 60 mph is not racing.

You know I tell my new US friends that not all Canadians aren't nice or polite, some are until you turn your back or they have a keyboard in front of them. You seem to be a keyboard guy.

You undertone is sad and your lack of inclusion disappointing. You are very quick to toss a Canadian out of a Canadian forum. Maybe the CCF should ask for birth certificates. Would you still be here? I know I would.

Happy racing I hope you break the 60 mph sound barrier. Perhaps you own my first muscle car? 69 Camaro RS Convertible. 327 2 speed power glide. Top speed 65 mph.

0-60 isn't racing. Perhaps you need to get a car that goes faster to understand what racing is. Before you attack someone perhaps you should read their profile. We just moved to the US 3 years ago. BTW, I am as Canadian as Canadian can be. Born in Sudbury, family in Sudbury, lineage back to 50 years before confederation. In case you do not know when that is; it was in 1867. I also joined the forum when I was in Canada. Rebuilt 7 muscle cars in Canada from the age of 16 to 50. Owned 15 plus total and 60 mph is not racing.

You know I tell my new US friends that not all Canadians aren't nice or polite, some are until you turn your back or they have a keyboard in front of them. You seem to be a keyboard guy.

You undertone is sad and your lack of inclusion disappointing. You are very quick to toss a Canadian out of a Canadian forum. Maybe the CCF should ask for birth certificates. Would you still be here? I know I would.

Happy racing I hope you break the 60 mph sound barrier. Perhaps you own my first muscle car? 69 Camaro RS Convertible. 327 2 speed power glide. Top speed 65 mph.

Oh my goodness. Did you lose your sense of humour when you crossed the border? What a rant for something that even Ray Charles could see was meant as a joke.

Wow, not at all called for. Jeffer is one of the good guys here. In such a hurry to rip someone a new one, you can't even recognize a joke. Save that kind of vindictive response for the other forum. Not interested in any more posts from you.:Nono1:

Knee jerk reaction seems faster than the Car.....with all your quoted accomplishments you now need to work on your sense of humor. "Jeffer" was clearly making a Joke.

I’m pretty sure he was joking. I thought it was hilarious.

2.6 seconds is insane!!! That is most likely the speed where I can feel all the fat on my face pull to the back of my head.....and probably make me look 10 years younger for those 2.6 seconds....
Anyway, this a Canadian forum. Lets have a beer, shake hands and move forward.

Not wanting to hammer you as you've already been given some ........but when I read Jeff's reply it put an immediate smile on my face as it was very obvious to me he was simply being humourus........and then Rruuff Day gave some right back to Jeff, albeit more humour .......your response was not only not called for, in fact in Ontario depending on what road you are partaking in those sub three second runs, it could end up having your drivers license taken away for seven days, demerit points, and your car impounded for a week under our relatively new "Stunt Driving" regulation. As well, for over fifty years car enthusiast's have been comparing performance specifications of sports and muscle cars of which there has been a focus regarding zero to sixty times, which I would also classify as racing!

I would like to add that as a CCF member I have found other members of this forum to all being extremely friendly and good natured. I only ever came across one questionable member a couple of years ago, and having other members also view this guy with the same lens fortunately the moderator took care of him and we haven't seen him since ha ha.

Anyhow, we are all here because we share the same passion, we love cars.........I hope you continue to enjoy your new Vette........it's a beauty......and 2.6 is blistering fast!

P.S. ......amazing colour choice...LBR .....ha ha

Last edited:
Not wanting to hammer you as you've already been given some ........but when I read Jeff's reply it put an immediate smile on my face as it was very obvious to me he was simply being humourus........and then Rruuff Day gave some right back to Jeff, albeit more humour .......your response was not only not called for, in fact in Ontario depending on what road you are partaking in those sub three second runs, it could end up having your drivers license taken away for seven days, demerit points, and your car impounded for a week under our relatively new "Stunt Driving" regulation. As well, for over fifty years car enthusiast's have been comparing performance specifications of sports and muscle cars of which there has been a craze regarding zero to sixty times, which I would clasify it is racing!

I would like to add that as a CCF member I have found ofher members of this forum to all being extremely friendly and good natured. I only ever came across one questionable member a couple of years ago, and having other members also view this guy with the same lens, fortunately the moderator took care of him and we haven't seen him since ha ha.

Anyhow, we are all here because we share the same passion, we love cars.........I hope you continue to enjoy your new Vette........it's a beauty......and 2.6 is blistering fast!
When I am not in my car I say I am not gonna do anything crazy anymore. I am lucky to still have a driver's license and the car, better quit while I am ahead. But then I get in and fire it up and all bets are off. I try to pick uninhabited areas to rock and roll. But sometimes I just have to pass a car-fast. So far no police officer has been a witness. If I want to drive it like an Impala, I will buy an Impala.

I'm pretty sure he is joking, that's why he has all the laughing emoticons at the end of the message. Have you lost your Canadian sense of humour? :p:):D

• Winner
Reactions: marcus86
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread