R

RockyPM

I’m getting the final work done to my car today. Finally!! Saw this parked. Guess the guy was out driving and the front passenger side tire blew on his car. This is the result. Insurance should cover but sad to see it happen. Wish him good luck with the repairs.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3912815659.jpg
    iOS Image - 3912815659.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 83
Now imagine that on your ( in general ) C7 after many kms with an improper alignment. Especially if you’re not monitoring the inside edge of the tires.

Reactions: RockyPM
I’m getting the final work done to my car today. Finally!! Saw this parked. Guess the guy was out driving and the front passenger side tire blew on his car. This is the result. Insurance should cover but sad to see it happen. Wish him good luck with the repairs.

That's just plain nasty Paul. Amazingly, there are still a lot of owners that do not realize the typical factory "track" camber and and caster settings on Corvettes will wear the inside edge of the fronts to the cords in less than 30,000 km. I first posted this way back when I still owned my C6 and was shocked to see what my front inside edges looked like on tires that still had a strong 6/32nds of tread. Many here have paid attention but I'm sure there are still lots of owners out there that don't understand what can happen with aggressive factory camber settings. To those who haven't already, be safe and have this adjustment made. It makes zero difference in street handling and will save you a lot of grief in the not so long term.

... with this image I am not wondering and will
have to let you know next NASCAR race I watch
and a certain driver's tire blows ... shredding the fenders ...
creating the caution ... and ... I'm cheering :Hurray:
:window:
I might have to change to only watching open wheel racing 🤣

Reactions: RockyPM
At least the C5 behind it stopped to give assistance.

That's just plain nasty Paul. Amazingly, there are still a lot of owners that do not realize the typical factory "track" camber and and caster settings on Corvettes will wear the inside edge of the fronts to the cords in less than 30,000 km. I first posted this way back when I still owned my C6 and was shocked to see what my front inside edges looked like on tires that still had a strong 6/32nds of tread. Many here have paid attention but I'm sure there are still lots of owners out there that don't understand what can happen with aggressive factory camber settings. To those who haven't already, be safe and have this adjustment made. It makes zero difference in street handling and will save you a lot of grief in the not so long term.
On our 2005, the front tires were wearing on the inside edges. With the cars so low and the tires so wide, a person may not even notice the uneven wear, but it will be there. Ours were getting worn down in 13,000 miles. When I picked up the set of chromed rims, I was installing new Firestone runflats. I had the Alignment Centre in Peterborough zero camber the front wheels. The Firestones are wearing nice and evenly with a lot more miles on them than the originals ever got. The alignment guy told me that I might notice the car wandering a little when over 130 mph. As if I am ever going to be going that speed. For Mr. Racecar, he can have the alignment done for racing than put back to zero camber for the street. No big deal.

Wow, that is scary! Good to know and will definitely monitor more closely. Plan on upgrading all my suspension bushings and shocks to see if I can get it to drive less like a tank. Will make sure I'm set to a zero camber. Tires are new.

.......holy shattering fiberglass , that must of made a bang. bad luck 4sure .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.