Stepped off the plane from San Diego to +10 at YYC a couple weeks ago, not too bad, waited for shuttle in my short pants and survived. Visited the Aircraft maintenance museum outside of San Diego, guy had his Torch Red C7 parked in the hanger along with all their restoration projects. Doesn't seem to be much have a car town though. Priuses outnumbered Corvettes 1000 to 1.

Yes... but maybe some are the Prius Sport Z06 model... 0 to 100 in less than 12 seconds... :pinkcar:

Worse comes to worse I will use the skidsteer first in this temp but unless the wind comes up again, mine will wait. Have enough food to last til spring...lol...

That does make all the difference, doesn't it? Enjoy your retirement. ;)

This cold has been tough. I know it is ironic, considering that we have had (mostly) the mildest winter that I have ever seen in Alberta, but that is also what makes it even worse. Top that off with the fact that this cold spell is lasting so long, and it is a whole bunch of suck. I envy you if you don't have to go out at all, and can just stay home. I can't do that, and my cars and I are struggling with a friends on/friends off relationship right now.

That does make all the difference, doesn't it? Enjoy your retirement. ;)

This cold has been tough. I know it is ironic, considering that we have had (mostly) the mildest winter that I have ever seen in Alberta, but that is also what makes it even worse. Top that off with the fact that this cold spell is lasting so long, and it is a whole bunch of suck. I envy you if you don't have to go out at all, and can just stay home. I can't do that, and my cars and I are struggling with a friends on/friends off relationship right now.

Cars and trucks so far are good. Have to boost the plow truck though. It badly needs a new battery but too dam cold to change it. Vette cave is heated but definitely not backing the Vette outside. You gonna get your Vette on the road this year Jord?

I've been through the fight for a new battery, just last week even. At minus thirty, a 12:1 compression ratio doesn't do me any favors, and the battery is critical. I don't even want to talk about what a fight it was to have a 48-month warranted battery replaced at 25 months. But when a 900CCA battery produces 433 CCA, it is buggered enough that it is no good to me any more.

"But, it still works!", says the scrawny manager who knows nothing about batteries except that they have more warranty than they should.

"So does your girlfriend!", I retort, "But it doesn't quite get the bills paid, does it?"

I should try harder to not be such a dick, but it works. He got my point, and I got a new battery, but with only 23 months of warranty. It's okay. I'll be back. Next time, he will just give me the battery.

As for your extra question Eric, I do not know. I need the temperature to start to warm up so that I can finish up with my "other" work in the garage, and then I need to tear into the Vette to see what has actually happened and what is speculation. I certainly am hoping for the best, but if I have head or block damage, I doubt that I will be able to justify the money that it will take to do it this year.

• Sorry
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I've been through the fight for a new battery, just last week even. At minus thirty, a 12:1 compression ratio doesn't do me any favors, and the battery is critical. I don't even want to talk about what a fight it was to have a 48-month warranted battery replaced at 25 months. But when a 900CCA battery produces 433 CCA, it is buggered enough that it is no good to me any more.

"But, it still works!", says the scrawny manager who knows nothing about batteries except that they have more warranty than they should.

"So does your girlfriend!", I retort, "But it doesn't quite get the bills paid, does it?"

I should try harder to not be such a dick, but it works. He got my point, and I got a new battery, but with only 23 months of warranty. It's okay. I'll be back. Next time, he will just give me the battery.

As for your extra question Eric, I do not know. I need the temperature to start to warm up so that I can finish up with my "other" work in the garage, and then I need to tear into the Vette to see what has actually happened and what is speculation. I certainly am hoping for the best, but if I have head or block damage, I doubt that I will be able to justify the money that it will take to do it this year.

Well. That is not good news. The new battery...yes... the C6.. not so much. Hopefully it's not too serious and we still will expect to see you at Ponoka with the TA if nothing else...

Reactions: YFCvii
I will be there somehow, Eric.

That's what makes this community so great. Last year, Ryan couldn't bring his own car, but I was happy to have him as a passenger. Maybe this year, I will ride with him. I'm still working on Derek. Maybe he will come all the way down here to get me. ;)

Reactions: Somebuddy
What a question ... The COLD :cold3:
is coming back for the weekend ...
go back to sleep y'all :bigyawn:

4847810355_803373b880_z.jpg

GReat digs Derek. Eric your comment reminds me of my buddy down in Arizona. Guess those beautiful palm trees in people yards are loaded with scorpions. If you shake the tree they fall out! He's an ex-Canadian so hunts the scorpions at night with a flashlight and quick light torch. His wife showed us pics of all the burn marks on the fence....... Can you say redneck!

GReat digs Derek. Eric your comment reminds me of my buddy down in Arizona. Guess those beautiful palm trees in people yards are loaded with scorpions. If you shake the tree they fall out! He's an ex-Canadian so hunts the scorpions at night with a flashlight and quick light torch. His wife showed us pics of all the burn marks on the fence....... Can you say redneck!

KEWL! :angelic:

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Well... I know it's not -40 anymore, but here's acouple things I started when it was -40 and just funished here lately.

This was a 1910 Singer treadle sewing machine that I bought last year. The sewing machine and original wood was toast so I built a new top for it. Hoping it sells quick at my upcoming sale.

DSCN9924.JPG

And this, a 1946 Mueller fire hydrant that I just finished restoring yesterday. Fire hydrants have been really popular at my sales as the old traditional looking classics look really good as garden/yard art. People also buy them for their dogs...lol..

DSCN9911.JPG

Well... I know it's not -40 anymore, but here's acouple things I started when it was -40 and just funished here lately.

This was a 1910 Singer treadle sewing machine that I bought last year. The sewing machine and original wood was toast so I built a new top for it. Hoping it sells quick at my upcoming sale.

View attachment 25514

And this, a 1946 Mueller fire hydrant that I just finished restoring yesterday. Fire hydrants have been really popular at my sales as the old traditional looking classics look really good as garden/yard art. People also buy them for their dogs...lol..

View attachment 25515
Very impressive!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Thanks Dan, but not really...lol....My dad made extremely nice furniture and my sister inherited that woodworking knack... . My talent there doesn't go much further than a chainsaw...hahaha....

View attachment 25514

View attachment 25515
Awesome hydrant 👍🏻
I notice the “quality control” personnel in the background eyeing the hydrant for their rigorous testing duty.
Hoping you might not be a hobbyist who is very particular and having to do everything on your own?
(and which in that case maybe best not said) 😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.