R

RockyPM

-40 with the wind chill. It’s the perfect time to hot tub. Tub is set for 103 but drops 1 degree when opened. It feels great and as long as the block heater is installed it’s actually VERY hot!

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1448796946.png
    iOS Image - 1448796946.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 36
  • iOS Image - 2385207436.jpg
    iOS Image - 2385207436.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 35
-40 with the wind chill. It’s the perfect time to hot tub. Tub is set for 103 but drops 1 degree when opened. It feels great and as long as the block heater is installed it’s actually VERY hot!

Nasty post for me Paul. Just got home today from South America. Got on a plane at +35... got off a plane at -27... twenty-four hours of planes and airports.... woke me up real quick stepping outside in Calgary.... lol....

Nasty post for me Paul. Just got home today from South America. Got on a plane at +35... got off a plane at -27... twenty-four hours of planes and airports.... woke me up real quick stepping outside in Calgary.... lol....

Welcome to my world pal. 😂

And to mine. Never thought I would say this but a 35km/hr wind from the North actually felt cool today, even with a +25°C temperature

Oh Eric we feel for you! That is a shock to the system for sure. Hopefully you and Brenda got home fine and cranked up the heat I. The house!

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Stepped out in YYC to the complaints of 3 vehicles being started up .... planes that are overhead and arriving from paradise have that cold crackling sound. Welcome home Eric. .... welcome home 😁👍🏻

Thx Spence. I am actually glad to be home. Cold weather or not. Not only did I miss Bravo and Quinn, It's February. Time to wax Ginger too. :)

Probably kept you warm Xfire82! Was that car drifted in or that’s the amount of snow you have right now? Also is that a Pontiac 4-door? Love the work sled, rides like a stone boat but gets the job done! What year is the skidoo?

Reactions: XFIRE82
//...The Alpine is a 1974 , 440 electric start and reverse gear , twin track. The pics are from a few years ago actually, the 81 Olds Delta was buried along with a whole bunch of my car graveyard. I needed some parts that were inside so I had to dig down to find it. As of a week ago we had next to nothing for snow, but we got some in the last few days and heavy winds so it blew things in again. I didn't take any pics 2day but I have a few piles 10' high now after pushing with the backhoe. I didn't venture out back yet to see how bad it blew my graveyard in , but I'll have to go out back soon for some stuff so will see what it is like. All week forecast -30 to -40 , no tics or mosquitos. Cold don't bother me much, just hard on the hydraulics and stuff on the tractor which I hate to start if have no choice.

We had next to no snow near to Saskatoon either...until this weekend. Had to start the tractor for the first time since I put the chains on last October. I guess that I did not do too good of a job because one came off and started to wrap around the rear axle. I got it out and nothing was damaged so I will try again to clean the mess the snow left...just wish it was warmer.

Reactions: Hotrodron
Just got back to Alberta yesterday and although bugger all for snow, there has been some drifting in my laneway. I refuse to try and plow with either the plow truck or the skidsteer in this temperature. As Michael said, too hard on hydraulics and metals tent to break easier at -30 as well. I don't ever even think of running the tractor in the winter. Too damn cold for the old girl. Drifts can wait until it warms up..

I have a snowblower on the 3-point hitch. All of the fluids in the tractor are synthetic so that helps. It is supposed to get better next week but don't know if I can wait.

Just got back to Alberta yesterday and although bugger all for snow, there has been some drifting in my laneway. I refuse to try and plow with either the plow truck or the skidsteer in this temperature. As Michael said, too hard on hydraulics and metals tent to break easier at -30 as well. I don't ever even think of running the tractor in the winter. Too damn cold for the old girl. Drifts can wait until it warms up..

I have a snowblower on the 3-point hitch. All of the fluids in the tractor are synthetic so that helps. It is supposed to get better next week but don't know if I can wait.

Worse comes to worse I will use the skidsteer first in this temp but unless the wind comes up again, mine will wait. Have enough food to last til spring...lol...

Stepped off the plane from San Diego to +10 at YYC a couple weeks ago, not too bad, waited for shuttle in my short pants and survived. Visited the Aircraft maintenance museum outside of San Diego, guy had his Torch Red C7 parked in the hanger along with all their restoration projects. Doesn't seem to be much have a car town though. Priuses outnumbered Corvettes 1000 to 1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.