Featured Thread
I have never really had to work for a living, as I rely on my fathers money, who relied on his fathers money. I “work“ for him now at a token government position he gave me, even though I have no idea what I am doing. He can do that type of nepotism without consequence, as he has a very powerful position in government south of the border. Currently, he has been in a bit of a battle just for getting a foreign country to help dig up dirt on a guy that wants to take his job. I don’t see what the big deal is...sheesh. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. He also has hired my sister and her husband in government positions, and guess what....they don’t really know what they are doing either. Ahh, the life of privilege... It’s great. Speaking of my sister, Dad thinks she is HOT, and I must agree. He was actually recorded saying that if she wasn’t his daughter, he would date her. Don’t let that stop you, dad..
He has fooled the citizens there that he is a great leader, even though time after time after time, evidence suggests otherwise. Anyway, I digress. Love the thread, Tango.
Donald Jr.
I thought you name was Justin hahahahah

I have spent the last 15years as a self-employed contractor working with a large Alarm/Security Company throughout Canada. Started in Ontario in 2006 for 2yrs, moved to Edmonton for 5yrs, Vancouver for 1yr and back to Ontario for the last 7yrs. Nearly 2yrs ago I also started up a company in the industry specializing in CCTV/Surveillance Cameras & Alarm Systems so needless to say I am very busy (working and having a wife & 4 children (1 more on the way) haha) and take every opportunity I can to get out in the car when the weather warms up. I am also self-taught & have dabbled in photography over the last 15-20years lol

Last edited:
Look, some clown from the States on here.
I thought since I have a good " Net " friend
living in Caledonia,ON and owner of a Vette
might allow a post..Current own '37 Ford streetrod
and in the past others, '30 A coupe, '31 Ford Sedan
'50 Chevy truck and several other Pickups.
ALL street rods, NO VETTE as of yet, another
friend w/'57 Vette purchased new all original.
Worked @ TWA (Airline) 33 yrs, retired age 58
from that hell hole as a " Ticket Agent " Married
for 52yrs, Mrs now deceased. Two single girls
the kind one gets up in the AM, because they
are YOURs. Love this forum !
Basehor, Kansas

Gonnacrash where is your buddy he has be MIA for sometime now. Hope he is alright.
Gonnacrash where is your buddy he has be MIA for sometime now. Hope he is alright.
>
>
Z06........He's doing good, we talked on phone last week. His area
weather is just about like here in Kansas. His Mrs still employed
and youngster growing, working,driving about to graduate future unkn
but BA keeps an eye on him ! Good folks !

Basically had 2 jobs all of my life with 38 years in with Canada Post as a letter carrier (retired from that 2 years ago) and still run my own personal real estate rental business. Have a wonderful family and I'm addicted to travel.Love cars and motorcycles. Born and raised in beautiful Cape Breton. If you have not driven around the famous Cabot Trail ,it is a must !! If I'm fortunate enough to receive c8 this summer i would gladly assist any corvette enthusiasts are around trail.. We are all very fortunate !!

Nothin
Basically had 2 jobs all of my life with 38 years in with Canada Post as a letter carrier (retired from that 2 years ago) and still run my own personal real estate rental business. Have a wonderful family and I'm addicted to travel.Love cars and motorcycles. Born and raised in beautiful Cape Breton. If you have not driven around the famous Cabot Trail ,it is a must !! If I'm fortunate enough to receive c8 this summer i would gladly assist any corvette enthusiasts are around trail.. We are all very fortunate !!
Cabot Trail is a wonderful drive. Pick a weekend without fog and the views are spectacular. Nothing I'd like better than to pull into the Lick-A- Chick in my Vette... :thumbs:

Reactions: Bucketoy
As an independently wealthy oil baron and an international man of little mystery my fortunes have recently taken a downturn and I'm now forced to sell thread styling for a few Vette Shillings and turn those into the VetteCoin bank for a chance to roll on a Pachinko machine at the local gambling emporium every other Tuesday. At least I would if I could afford shoes.... :)

When I'm not busy banning you lot for fun I run a couple of small businesses. Some do IT stuff - surprise surprise - (software development, mobile apps, project and program management, networking and infrastructure etc), others do more exciting stuff like marketing, brand development, unique web user experiences, advertising, content curation, animation, business development, social campaigns (not social-ist campaigns - those we do after Pachinko time). Our clients range from Telecoms, evil Banks (we think they're less evil when they pay), fintech companies plotting to overthrow banks, car clubs, manufacturers as well as small business owners selling online or trying to grow their business. I do love the small business side of things though it is exponentially more demanding. I probably do more but it's 8AM and the Absinthe is starting to kick in now and my ban itch is flaring up again..... 😲

Last edited:
Currently working at toyota cambridge for 22 years started working on line. Now the last 18 years i deliver parts to the line on towmotor and forklift. I got 7 more years till I retire, freedom 55!
I have several friends that work at the Cambridge plant and the Woodstock plant. But asking if you know them would be like when I was down to Florida one time for Daytona Bike Week. Chatted with a couple there and they asked where we were from and I said Canada. They said Canada? We have a friend from Canada. Do you know so and so? I said mmmmm, not sure but the name does sound familiar. So trying to keep a straight face they said, well if you see him say hello from us. I said ok I will. LOL.

I have several friends that work at the Cambridge plant and the Woodstock plant. But asking if you know them would be like when I was down to Florida one time for Daytona Bike Week. Chatted with a couple there and they asked where we were from and I said Canada. They said Canada? We have a friend from Canada. Do you know so and so? I said mmmmm, not sure but the name does sound familiar. So trying to keep a straight face they said, well if you see him say hello from us. I said ok I will. LOL.

Lol.... No surprise there.... Have dealt with many suppliers from the US and totally enjoyed playing with their heads.... One of my favs is when one told me he would call me back with an answer to my inquiry in 2 hours, I asked 2 of their hours, or 2 Canadian hours... When I got the whaaaaaaa?, I then had to explain that the Canadian hour, much like how our gallon is larger, our hours are longer than the American hour..... After a confused mumble he suggested he would just call and leave a message if I wasn't there... hahahaha...

Lol.... No surprise there.... Have dealt with many suppliers from the US and totally enjoyed playing with their heads.... One of my favs is when one told me he would call me back with an answer to my inquiry in 2 hours, I asked 2 of their hours, or 2 Canadian hours... When I got the whaaaaaaa?, I then had to explain that the Canadian hour, much like how our gallon is larger, our hours are longer than the American hour..... After a confused mumble he suggested he would just call and leave a message if I wasn't there... hahahaha...
Don't get me started on Canadian gallons vs American gallons. Even that messes me up. LOL.

Don't get me started on Canadian gallons vs American gallons. Even that messes me up. LOL.
Long time ago in a previous career I ended up in St. Lucia with a Twin Otter. We needed fuel. Fuel for operations was calculated by pounds. So the local fuel provider was selling by the US gallon, pumping it in IMP gallons, charging us in local St. Lucian dollars converted to USD and I needed 2,000 pounds. Lol.

An engineers slide rule would have been smoking.....

Long time ago in a previous career I ended up in St. Lucia with a Twin Otter. We needed fuel. Fuel for operations was calculated by pounds. So the local fuel provider was selling by the US gallon, pumping it in IMP gallons, charging us in local St. Lucian dollars converted to USD and I needed 2,000 pounds. Lol.

Think of it like a municipal farm tax Al... invoiced in dollars, paid in chicken and goat futures calculated for the remainder of the tax year with a market devaluation hedge guarantee.... :Biggrin:

On another note, I have flown into a lot of northern fishing lakes over the years and Twin Otter is my favorite aircraft... :thumbs:

A very young version of me. Flying out of northern Saskatchewan hauling rich engineer types to high end fishing lodges.

Attachments

• D9836FCB-922E-4D9A-8B6A-D3C7742541A1.jpeg
    D9836FCB-922E-4D9A-8B6A-D3C7742541A1.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 31

I seem to recall an Air Canada flight making an unscheduled glider landing in Gimli Manitoba over this nonsense after our metrification.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.