Featured Thread
Think of it like a municipal farm tax Al... invoiced in dollars, paid in chicken and goat futures calculated for the remainder of the tax year with a market devaluation hedge guarantee.... :Biggrin:

On another note, I have flown into a lot of northern fishing lakes over the years and Twin Otter is my favorite aircraft... :thumbs:
My fav plane as well. Used to live in Hay River NWT, flew to many isolated lakes and rivers, both summer and winter some with lodges, some without. Best fishing ever. I still remember our pilot leaving his rod unattended on the ice, we said "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said, no problem, its wrapped around my chair (about 10 feet away), 2 minutes later, chair skidding across the ice towards his hole, chair survived, rod did too but was now at the bottom of the river. Yates River, 50 kms south of Hay River, typically 4 feet of ice (drilling the hole was a challenge) with 4 feet of water under that, monster pike and amazing Walleye.

Reactions: Icecap
My fav plane as well. Used to live in Hay River NWT, flew to many isolated lakes and rivers, both summer and winter some with lodges, some without. Best fishing ever. I still remember our pilot leaving his rod unattended on the ice, we said "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He said, no problem, its wrapped around my chair (about 10 feet away), 2 minutes later, chair skidding across the ice towards his hole, chair survived, rod did too but was now at the bottom of the river. Yates River, 50 kms south of Hay River, typically 4 feet of ice (drilling the hole was a challenge) with 4 feet of water under that, monster pike and amazing Walleye.

Along with the Vettes, fishing is also one of my life's too short indulgences. Yes. Nothing like the fishing once you get away from the rest of the world... Big fish in pictures is easy but convincing people how many fish like this you catch is tough. They think I'm BS ing them..... For those who like to fish and have never done it, do it. You will never be sorry and may become addicted like me...lol...

DSCN8834.JPG

northern.jpg

hmmmm .... going to have to measure his arm's length at the next meet and greet ... ;)

View attachment 36401

... just kidding ... :angelic:

lol.... Do you know how tough it would be to hold fish that size with your arms extended out straight.... I actually built my muscles up to do this by exercising with potato sacks for weight... Started with 5 pound bag, worked my way up to 10 pound bags, then 30 pound bags... then 50 pound bags.... Someday I may try this with potatoes in them... :Biggrin:

l started out as a welder in the ship yards and then progressed to welding for a company that built giant nuclear generating plant components.From there l went back to school to get an engineering degree so l could run these monsters. I took an early retirement by out and have never looked back.Don't waste your life working when there are so many other ways to make a living having fun and driving the hell out of corvettes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.