My 1000 gallon farm tanks will remain full of diesel and premium (different tanks lol).

Although advancements have been made in electric vehicle technology, I am unsure of how electric technology is going to influence ag operations in agricultural areas and operations. Farm vehicles during seeding, spraying, and harvest, run for countless hours only influenced by weather conditions. Not sure what the electric equivalent there is to an 800 horsepower combine. Yes I know trains are diesel electric, but that wont work on a muddy field.

Aluminum-Ion battery technology is coming and it’s a game changer. The developers claim it’s 60 times faster to charge than current Lithium—Ion battery. It is also way cheaper to make as it has very few precious metals in it. Range is much better than Lithium-Ion as well. This is probably the battery breakthrough technology that will make electric cars and trucks mainstream and replace fossil fuel vehicles. Wonder how Trudeau will tax this🤨

while India and China screw the rest.
What do you think?
With the likes of what we have for a government, nothing surprises me. Destroying the country one day at a time. With a serious breakthrough, as mentioned here, it will take that and more to make electric cars practical. Then there is the matter of upgrading our complete hydro grid to do all the charging. Power isn't free, whether fuel or electrical. People are awfully quiet about what it costs them to drive their wonderful electric cars. I know a fellow who lived totally off the grid for a few years and that was NOT practical either. It's going to be a while for this to ever become practical and in wide use.

Last edited:
With the likes of what we have for a government, nothing surprises me. Destroying the country one day at a time. With a serious breakthrough, as mentioned here, it will take that and more to make electric cars practical. Then there is the matter of upgrading our complete hydro grid to do all the charging. Power isn't free, whether fuel or electrical. People are awfully quiet about what it costs them to drive their wonderful electric cars. I know a fellow who lived totally off the grid for a few years and that was NOT practical either. It's going to be a while for this to ever become practical and in wide use.
No doubt the change will take many years to come about. However, the momentum is building around the world as a result of discussion about climate change so it’s probably inevitable. All the auto companies are spending a fortune to develop electric cars, they won’t do it if they didn’t see a strong business case for doing it. One bit of good news in all this is the Middle East will eventually not be getting our western gas money to finance the work of terrorists!

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread