Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
73 Corvette Coupe
I started thinking of all the fixes and mods I want to get done this spring and I wondered what the rest of you are wanting to get done. I know I need to:

Engine Tune up
Fix Seatbelt reinforcment
Fix rear bumper brackets
Figure out what the squeek in the rear is! Somthing brake related

Maybe, if I am lucky, start some body work.

Definetly more but that is the start.

T

Hi T,

Are you tackling it all youself?

Brent and I are getting some work done by a fellow that is definetely a Vette guru, very well-done, knowledgeable and very $$ reasonable.

Look what he did for me: painted the calipers & part of the rotors and added new pads & gravel guard so it will never rust.

All this at the same price Midas wanted just to service the callipers & new pads.

Attachments

• DSC01737.jpg
    DSC01737.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 9
Right now in my warehouse I have:

New drilled and slotted rottors, ceramic brake pads, new plug wires, new ridium plugs, SS/ exhaust tips, chrome exhaust plate, and sequential turnsignals, OHH and Lambo door hinges.

I can't wait for spring!!!

Brent:cool:

Want to do it myself (not tune up though, I've tried and that's part of the reason I need one). The body i would like to try, my cousin owns and runs a body shop so i hope to get some advise from him.

T

This Spring, like Brent, I would like to install some iridium plugs, AC Delco 41-985, and new wires, part number 12495519. Maybe change up the fender stripes, and to lighten my car by 50lbs and add 30hp on top of the fender stripes, I may remove the Body side moldings.:D

Last edited:
I have a few things, I do it myself , pull the rear end apart change a few output seals , replace the steel leaf and install a glass one , if all goes well I'll do the control arm bushings , should keep me busy for a few days ! Ron

Rebuild Carb-Complete
Replace intake gaskets-Complete
rebuild steering box(sloppy bushing)
replace Muncie tailshaft bushing/yoke(vibration)
Adjust shifter
replace rear crank seal(leak)
Rear end swap to 3.08 (can't afford Tremec at this time) so I can cruise over 60mph:D

I should be able to complete these in a week or 2 if I can get my butt off the couch and the weather warms up a bit

Also Help friend change rocker channels on his 72

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.