The allocations were only announced recently and I was curious if Finch had any unassigned allocation. That is all part of properly researching a $100, 000 purchase. Timing is a very important consideration and if a particular dealership can deliver quicker - so be it.
Clearly you can not.
If timing was so important why did you wait until mid january to inquire about a car everyone is raving about. sorry but your way to late too the game to think that your doing any due diligence..

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
If timing was so important why did you wait until mid january to inquire about a car everyone is raving about. sorry but your way to late too the game to think that your doing any due diligence..
Many have not all known about this car for as long as you have known, especially if you're not a Corvette fan. Little harsh on your approach I think, although that seems to be the norm on the C8 US Forums.

my apologies if you think its harsh, just want everyone to understand that when you do stuff like this it hurts everyone in the process. When people dilly dally around and place multiple deposits it is A, against the rules with OMVIC and the dealer can get in trouble and
B, going to mess around all the orders for people behind you. Some of my clients are trading in a vehicle or selling a house to get this car and when i tell them its going to be 8 months to a year until they get their order and I call them in 5 telling them they have to make a decision it makes me feel terrible. Once again I am sorry if this came across harsh but this is to me the equivalent to you guys finding out your dealer is charging you over list for the vehicle.

my apologies if you think its harsh, just want everyone to understand that when you do stuff like this it hurts everyone in the process. When people dilly dally around and place multiple deposits it is A, against the rules with OMVIC and the dealer can get in trouble and
B, going to mess around all the orders for people behind you. Some of my clients are trading in a vehicle or selling a house to get this car and when i tell them its going to be 8 months to a year until they get their order and I call them in 5 telling them they have to make a decision it makes me feel terrible. Once again I am sorry if this came across harsh but this is to me the equivalent to you guys finding out your dealer is charging you over list for the vehicle.
Morgan, deposits are placed with their local dealer usually with no understanding on how the GM allocation process works. Then they get on the Corvette Forums and figure out the process from all the knowledgeable members. They come to realise they may not get a car after asking the right questions, the dealer has no allocations and then they realise they won't be in line to get a MY2020 C8. That is why people start placing multiple deposits, it's simple a strategy because they want the car bad. Dealers know this and that's one of the reason why orders are cancelled.

Morgan, deposits are placed with their local dealer usually with no understanding on how the GM allocation process works. Then they get on the Corvette Forums and figure out the process from all the knowledgeable members. They come to realise they may not get a car after asking the right questions, the dealer has no allocations and then they realise they won't be in line to get a MY2020 C8. That is why people start placing multiple deposits, it's simple a strategy because they want the car bad. Dealers know this and that's one of the reason why orders are cancelled.
Well said Joey!
I did think the response from Morgan was harsh,
Duly noted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan criticized the act of obtaining multiple allocations and denying someone else a chance at a limited opportunity and subsequently apologized to V for coming across as harsh.
"it revealed his true colors as far as how he treats potential customers." was directed as a character slam by V. Sorry, not tolerated whether you agree or not and I would advise the topic be closed by you both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.