Hello CCF... Thank you for the warm welcome! I own a Camaro, but have seen the light and now have a deposit on a 2020 Corvette.
The personalized license plates arrived quickly (see attached), but the car looks like it may take a while.
Any guesses as to whether Spring or the car will arrive first?
Just asking...

Attachments

• 20200119_163232 (002).jpg
    20200119_163232 (002).jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: ABC
Hello CCF... Thank you for the warm welcome! I own a Camaro, but have seen the light and now have a deposit on a 2020 Corvette.
The personalized license plates arrived quickly (see attached), but the car looks like it may take a while.
Just asking...

Welcome to the forum Vettari. You might want to surf through the C8 forum here. Lots of knowledge there. Do you know what your order event code number is?

• 0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED
And if you are at event 3000 or greater, your TPW (target production week) should be available soon...As far as shipping goes, That is dependent on a few things mainly in GM's control. Keep asking your dealer or the GM concierge what your latest event code is and when it hits 4200 you will know
it's getting close.

Reactions: Vettari
Just asking...
Well, I guess you will never forget you plate - eh?

Reactions: Vettari
Welcome to the forum Vettari. You might want to surf through the C8 forum here. Lots of knowledge there. Do you know what your order event code number is?

• 0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED
And if you are at event 3000 or greater, your TPW (target production week) should be available soon...As far as shipping goes, That is dependent on a few things mainly in GM's control. Keep asking your dealer or the GM concierge what your latest event code is and when it hits 4200 you will know
it's getting close.
Thanks so much!
This is what I thought I would learn about after I had paid my $1,000 deposit.
I now feel much better able to return to the dealership and request some specifics.
It's quite the game of chess we are playing...

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well, I guess you will never forget you plate - eh?
I have been a Corvette fan for many years, however I was fortunate enough to have some seat time in several Ferraris and it became clear to me that mid-engine was the way to go. To me, the C8 offers the best of both Corvette and Ferrari ... hence the licence plate VETTARI... :)

Thanks so much!
This is what I thought I would learn about after I had paid my $1,000 deposit.
I now feel much better able to return to the dealership and request some specifics.
It's quite the game of chess we are playing...
I had to put a $10K non-refundable deposit down: when the car comes in and I don't like it or trade-in is to low, and I say, don't want the car. They say, too bad, thank you for the $10k AMIGO.

I had to put a $10K non-refundable deposit down: when the car comes in and I don't like it or trade-in is to low, and I say, don't want the car. They say, too bad, thank you for the $10k AMIGO.
Ouch James... That sucks. I'm pretty sure the car won't disappoint but hopefully they don't screw you over on your trade or try to rape you on the MSRP once it gets there. I'm expecting, much like the new member who got indicated if he still wants the car he will get burned by Barnes Wheaton in Surrey for 10k over MSRP, that as spring draws near, more unscrupulous dealers will see the opportunity to hold ordered cars for ransom because they know someone out there will pay the premium over MSRP for these cars.

Ouch James... That sucks. I'm pretty sure the car won't disappoint but hopefully they don't screw you over on your trade or try to rape you on the MSRP once it gets there. I'm expecting, much like the new member who got indicated if he still wants the car he will get burned by Barnes Wheaton in Surrey for 10k over MSRP, that as spring draws near, more unscrupulous dealers will see the opportunity to hold ordered cars for ransom because they know someone out there will pay the premium over MSRP for these cars.
Good thing is: my dealer sells MSRP - I saw the order sheet. I feel confident I will like the car - based on everything I've read - so, I'll keep my fingers crossed. He also said that he thought I'd get a decent trade-in as he felt the C7 trade-ins will be the only game until 2021? We shall see?

I have been a Corvette fan for many years, however I was fortunate enough to have some seat time in several Ferraris and it became clear to me that mid-engine was the way to go. To me, the C8 offers the best of both Corvette and Ferrari ... hence the licence plate VETTARI... :)
Why are you messaging me asking to get a guarantee on a 2020 Vette at my dealership if you already have a deposit somewhere else? You know that is not a very fair thing to any dealership trying to make sure that everyone gets an accurate timeline on their delivery when we have people backing out because they like their odds somewhere else. This is promoting an unhealthy relationship between customers and sales staff so if you can please not be like this person folks and try to dip into multiple places and take advantage of places willing to do refundable deposits. Very disappointing

Why are you messaging me asking to get a guarantee on a 2020 Vette at my dealership if you already have a deposit somewhere else? You know that is not a very fair thing to any dealership trying to make sure that everyone gets an accurate timeline on their delivery when we have people backing out because they like their odds somewhere else. This is promoting an unhealthy relationship between customers and sales staff so if you can please not be like this person folks and try to dip into multiple places and take advantage of places willing to do refundable deposits. Very disappointing
LMAO

Vettari, better watch!

Then again, if I could buy two 2020 MY I'd be in a hurry too. Hell I might wind up owing two C8s anyways!

I only went to one over a year ago: 1st or 2nd on list: signed paper work for vert last Friday- no refund of my $10K deposit if I don't like the deal when the car arrives. Can't believe they can do that? Hopefully, I get a good trade-in on my car - they have me by the balls quite frankly. Told me at one point if I cancelled order, no problem, many customers waiting.

I only went to one over a year ago: 1st or 2nd on list: signed paper work for vert last Friday- no refund of my $10K deposit if I don't like the deal when the car arrives. Can't believe they can do that? Hopefully, I get a good trade-in on my car - they have me by the balls quite frankly. Told me at one point if I cancelled order, no problem, many customers waiting.
not familiar with the governing body in BC but in ontario we have omvic which protects the buyer in these kinds of scenarios, for example the contract is void if you do not give an agreed upon price for the trade in.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
not familiar with the governing body in BC but in ontario we have omvic which protects the buyer in these kinds of scenarios, for example the contract is void if you do not give an agreed upon price for the trade in.
Interesting- good to know - I will check on it. His point was: until the C8 arrives he/they will have no idea on the trade-in value; ergo, no value right now?

perhaps he wants a coupe and a convertible 👍

The allocations were only announced recently and I was curious if Finch had any unassigned allocation. That is all part of properly researching a $100, 000 purchase. Timing is a very important consideration and if a particular dealership can deliver quicker - so be it.
Clearly you can not.

• Happy
Reactions: JoeyBats
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.