Just so you guys know I live in Red Deer and have orders lots of parts from Kippscott online over the years for cars and trucks and they are always good and will also match anyone's' pricing like most dealers will. My dealer I ordered my corvette from matched Kippscott online pricing on my separately ordered high wing and about 4 other parts and they have been sitting at the dealership now for about 6-8 weeks awaiting the car arrival and installation during PDI. The parts come super fast and if they say its 3 days its 3 days not 6 or 7. My high wing order from my dealer was price matched and showed up a few days after I ordered it even though it was on constraints at the time I ordered my car and was still on constraint when I ordered the part after market,. so I have had it for months. Seem weird that you can order all the parts after your car for cheaper but I have saved money with everything I have ordered and usually 20%-25% less that if put on the car at time of order.

Reactions: gone and Murray20c8
Just so you guys know I live in Red Deer and have orders lots of parts from Kippscott online over the years for cars and trucks and they are always good and will also match anyone's' pricing like most dealers will. My dealer I ordered my corvette from matched Kippscott online pricing on my separately ordered high wing and about 4 other parts and they have been sitting at the dealership now for about 6-8 weeks awaiting the car arrival and installation during PDI. The parts come super fast and if they say its 3 days its 3 days not 6 or 7. My high wing order from my dealer was price matched and showed up a few days after I ordered it even though it was on constraints at the time I ordered my car and was still on constraint when I ordered the part after market,. so I have had it for months. Seem weird that you can order all the parts after your car for cheaper but I have saved money with everything I have ordered and usually 20%-25% less that if put on the car at time of order.
My experience with BuyKippScottGMParts.ca has always been the same and so far, I've bought from them 4 separate times for C8's. Their ship costs (through Canada Post) are reasonable too, for anyone looking to get items delivered. You'll get an all-in quote ahead of time from them, which you can then use to compare or price-match, if you're so inclined. As well, back with my 2020 C8 I wanted the OEM illuminated door sills, which GM stopped making due to problems they had (people didn't know how to install them). My KippScott sales person went "above and beyond" looking for them, found there were 11 left in N. America and "pleaded" to get me a set, which he did, even though there were many others looking for them at the time. Mine worked fine, likely since I learned a few install tricks through the helpful Corvette Forums I belong to. Anyway, the point is I received great service from KippScott which combined with their pricing, is why I'm also recommending them as a GM OEM wholesaler.

Reactions: Murray20c8

The potential cost savings on parts is often washed away after you add the dealer hourly rate for installation for LPO items. For example if you got a high wing for $1160, dealer charges 3-5 hours for install at $180/hr then its more than what you would have paid when ordering car. Same goes for lpo accessories like radiator grills, decals, splash guards, emblems, etc.

Can you believe it? We're revving up into the fourth lap of the eighth-generation Corvette Stingray. I've been around this track a few times, with my clients placing their orders, and let me tell you, it's been quite the ride!

Now, I've noticed some trends over the years, and I'm not talking about your son's skinny jeans. I'm talking about the items that seem to be the culprits behind most production delays. I don't have a crystal ball or a DeLorean to predict or see what is in store for the 2024 Corvette, but here's my bold prediction: If we can dodge another global pandemic, GM factory employee strike, Vancouver Port strike, or WWIII, we might just see the 2024 production year eclipse the 1979 record of 523,807 total units built. How's that for a bold prediction?

Now, let's talk about the usual suspects causing production delays:
  1. High Gloss Black/ Gray Multi Spoke wheels. Whether it's the original culprit for the 2020 and 2021 model years, the 5DF High gloss black trident wheels, or the new kids on the block, the Q9A 20-spoke midnight grey forged aluminum with red stripe and Q9I 20-spoke gloss black forged aluminum, these wheels are more elusive than a Sasquatch sighting! For those who want the car now, might I suggest going for Q8Q 5-open-spoke carbon flash-painted aluminum with machined edge which is more available than an your ex after hearing you just ordered a new Corvette.".
  2. Carbon Fiber anything other than roof and mirror caps. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
  3. Non Z51 and Z51 Cars - 2023 was a rollercoaster of a year. One minute we're only building Z51 cars, the next we're back to non Z51. But hey, don't sweat it when placing your order. This was probably just a one-time loop-de-loop.

And then there's the Carbon Flash High Wing Spoiler. It's always on constraint, but don't let that scare you. We can still order it through our parts department, and it usually arrives shortly after your car arrives!

Got a burning question about an order? Fire away! I'm all eyes and ears, ready to help you navigate the thrilling world of Corvette orders!
So Jeff looking at the latest production delays. I have a 2024 ERAY with the SON wheels which are currently on backorder. Should I change to the ROX wheel. Carbon Flash with Machined edge? Do you know how long the delay will be on the SON wheel?

You slipped a digit on those 1979 production numbers. Nice try! I should know. I factory ordered my 1979 as my fist Corvette. Red with oyster interior, but could only afford the L48
My apologies, that was a typo, 53,807 was what I meant to post. Good eye!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.