You have lifting points on each side,Spence. You can see them if you get down on the garage floor. LOL I want a picture of this.

Better yet when you have it in for your next service ask them to show you. Most get the pucks that lock on the lifting point.
Basically a puck with a eye hook screwed into the puck. Google them they are available. I have used this low profile jack with no issues without pucks.
Only issue I have is where do you put your saftey stand if jacking up both sides as the jack is on the lifting point. I am guessing 2 jacks.One for each side.Any suggestions people?

So far I have not had to do any-work underneath. Spence if you are thinking of a hoist go over to Sandy's my brother in laws house he has a great set up in his garage.
But beware you night end up having room for more cars with his setup.
I jack up the front end first with 2 jacks on the jacking pucks. Then the correct length of 2 x 8 under the cross member with a jack stand at each end. Then do the back the same way. Gets the car nicely off the ground with lots of room underneath.

I have the same, it's very low, it fits under my extended side skirts so it will fit any corvette. If you are not on a rush to get it, I got it on special 2 years ago at 89.95 at princess auto

the billet one is very nice but this one you have is currently on sale in our local flyer for $109 but between Dec 22-31 they have a $25 coupon off for purchases >$75 bringing it to $85
Flyer

Reactions: YFCvii
The $ 25.00 coupon appears to be expired when you go to their website but it's still a good deal at $ 109.00 Saves 10 bucks off PA's sale price....

How does one get his hands on the coupon ?
This is from another website:
".........
**EDIT** Partsource removed the coupons from their website. They were/are weekly coupons. You can find them in store or in this week's flyers.

The first was $10 off $50.........Nov. 17-23
Next was $25 off $75...............Nov. 24-30
$10 off $50................................Dec. 1-7
$25 off$75.................................Dec. 8- 14
$10 of $50.................................Dec. 15-21
$25 off $75................................Dec. 22-31

........"

when I went in a few weeks ago they had tons of coupons right at each of the front counter screens. The guy did'nt even ask for my coupon he just scanned the barcode off one he had under his screen. May be store specific ( maybe call a few locally...... for YEG, I was at 137 ave and ~140st.

I have the same, it's very low, it fits under my extended side skirts so it will fit any corvette. If you are not on a rush to get it, I got it on special 2 years ago at 89.95 at princess auto

I also have the same Jack. Had it for close to two years now and no issue. I also placed a 4 post lift in my garage which is mainly used for storing a car but it certainly comes in handy at times for mechanical work.

I have used rubber pucks that I bought from Princess auto and they are sold as boat dock bumpers. They are the same size as the puck holes in the Corvette. I have used these with my low profile jack on all my cars, but work very well on the Vettes. Very reasonable and protect the car!
This is the jack I bought from Harbor Freight. Light weight and the handle come off easily.
Harbor Frieght.jpg

Last edited:
Many moons ago this subject has been discussed and included some homemade jacking pucks. Fore V and Graham (nascar03) built their own and Graham also posted a mod that he had done when he built his of countersinking the bottom T nut. I've taken the liberty of re-posting some pictures from that thread. There is also a youtube link that 81Wayne posted the link to.

Fore V pic

img_3384-jpg.6331

Graham's mod pic with the counter sunk T-nut

(Quote) I've made 15+ sets of these, on my Ver 2.1 I counter-bored the T-nut hole in the bottom.
This stops the jack pad from pushing up on the eyebolt when the puck crushes a bit under load.

Graham

Jacking Puck.jpg

Here the youtube link to these being made.

Looks like what I have been looking for, for my C5. Will it fit nicely in the storage compartment in the trunk?

This thread is 2 years old JSH so you may not get a reply. Maybe pm the poster you want to ask, or check out this link to a more current forum discussion about jacks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.