Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
my so-called friend mr. Z has a low profile jack that looked really neat when he showed me a month or 2 ago,
memory being what it is, I forgot, perhaps he could post a pic of it as it was a neat tool to take with me for the meet in the middle cruise,
if one has the right tool for the job (or just has a good tool reguardless) you can make friends even with my lack of a personality

so let us have a pic and tell me who makes it so one can search the internet and ideas for other low profile jacks for changing tires when need be,
looked for a thread on a low profile jack with handle that one could use in their garage but this other small one might be good on the 4 post lift I have, the jack to fit in the middle with hydraulics on my lift is over 1100 bucks and is 2 hours away round trip so looking for other alternatives,

so 2 types up for discussion for Xmas (I got 1000 to spend and torque wrench is first this is second on my list)

Jeff

I bought a 100.00 dollar Jack from CT. Not very fancy but it slides under my car ok.

Attachments

• 20171213_143802.jpg
    20171213_143802.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 43
my so-called friend mr. Z has a low profile jack that looked really neat when he showed me a month or 2 ago,
memory being what it is, I forgot, perhaps he could post a pic of it as it was a neat tool to take with me for the meet in the middle cruise,
if one has the right tool for the job (or just has a good tool reguardless) you can make friends even with my lack of a personality

so let us have a pic and tell me who makes it so one can search the internet and ideas for other low profile jacks for changing tires when need be,
looked for a thread on a low profile jack with handle that one could use in their garage but this other small one might be good on the 4 post lift I have, the jack to fit in the middle with hydraulics on my lift is over 1100 bucks and is 2 hours away round trip so looking for other alternatives,

so 2 types up for discussion for Xmas (I got 1000 to spend and torque wrench is first this is second on my list)

Jeff

I can help you get rid of the 700 left over Jeff...:Biggrin:

Reactions: Bixter44

Jeff
Jeff, the jack I bought is a billet aluminum 1" tall scissor jack from California car cover. They get these custom made and are a work of art, good for 2000lbs. These are made for hot rods, and will fit under a vehicle with only 1" of clearance if the tire is flat. You need to supply the 7/16" socket and ratchet to jack it up. it comes with a very nice bag for storage. It came to about $300ish Canadian with shipping. I tried it out and it works beautiful. Great to keep in the trunk with a Dynoplug kit just in case. Go to the California car cover website and search low profile jack. Cheers!

Jeff
Hey Jeff - did you know that although related, the mention of a "torque wrench" puts your own thread off-topic right of the get-go.
We sure are from the same bunch of bananas aren't we?
Please post your lifting remedy if you will ... I am taking notes for "car jacking" (lol)

My related "off-topic" is whether there is a jacking point that matters under these C7's as Eric's jack looks "real kind" compared to the jack I have for lifting my Sierra.
I have not had to lift a Stingray ... but I know the "future looks bright" for having to do the 2016 after the "GM freebies" are done.
Spence

Hey Jeff - did you know that although related, the mention of a "torque wrench" puts your own thread off-topic right of the get-go.
We sure are from the same bunch of bananas aren't we?
Please post your lifting remedy if you will ... I am taking notes for "car jacking" (lol)

My related "off-topic" is whether there is a jacking point that matters under these C7's as Eric's jack looks "real kind" compared to the jack I have for lifting my Sierra.
I have not had to lift a Stingray ... but I know the "future looks bright" for having to do the 2016 after the "GM freebies" are done.
Spence

You have lifting points on each side,Spence. You can see them if you get down on the garage floor. LOL I want a picture of this.

Better yet when you have it in for your next service ask them to show you. Most get the pucks that lock on the lifting point.
Basically a puck with a eye hook screwed into the puck. Google them they are available. I have used this low profile jack with no issues without pucks.
Only issue I have is where do you put your saftey stand if jacking up both sides as the jack is on the lifting point. I am guessing 2 jacks.One for each side.Any suggestions people?

So far I have not had to do any-work underneath. Spence if you are thinking of a hoist go over to Sandy's my brother in laws house he has a great set up in his garage.
But beware you night end up having room for more cars with his setup.

Reactions: YFCvii
You have lifting points on each side,Spence. You can see them if you get down on the garage floor. LOL I want a picture of this.

Better yet when you have it in for your next service ask them to show you. Most get the pucks that lock on the lifting point.
Basically a puck with a eye hook screwed into the puck. Google them they are available. I have used this low profile jack with no issues without pucks.
Only issue I have is where do you put your saftey stand if jacking up both sides as the jack is on the lifting point. I am guessing 2 jacks.One for each side.Any suggestions people?

So far I have not had to do any-work underneath. Spence if you are thinking of a hoist go over to Sandy's my brother in laws house he has a great set up in his garage.
But beware you night end up having room for more cars with his setup.

Thank you Darren
Yup a catch 22 for some of us ... having to lift the car up in order to see where the jack points are ... :Banghead: ...
I heard of the "pucks" as well. Good, I'm content having a couple of Corvette things added on my to-do- list during hibernation :thumbs:
(otherwise it's painting walls and fixing toilets on the "honey-do list)

.... car-lift may follow garage-insulating in my strategic "honey-do-list" avoidance planning ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.