I don't have vanity plates but perhaps I might order them for the new car. Can anybody advise what is involved and how you go about picking a name and how many letters/#'s can you have?

You guys are lucky. In quebec we dont have vanity plates. I managed to snag this one and every vette owner that sees me freaks out and asks how I pulled it off. :rofl: Its as close to a custom plate as I have ever seen here.

Z06BAD.jpg

wow !!! did that price ever skyrocket. i remember considering them years ago and thought it was too expensive. i think it was somewhere around 120 bucks :rofl: remember back when you would freeze your fingers off changing plates every february ?

Last edited:
Thx. case 75. However, when I try to place an order it just takes me to another page without any instructions on how to order. Am I missing something? I am an old fart!

wow !!! did that price ever skyrocket. i remember considering them years ago and thought it was too expensive. i think it was somewhere around 120 bucks :rofl: remember back when you would freeze your fingers off changing plates every february ?

Wow, I was thinking around $100 too! I'd rather spend that kind of dough on mods.

C.

Custom plates in Saskatchewan are $99 if you want 2 (one for the garage and one for the car.....as we don't need to drill holes in our front bumpers). If you only want one plate.....it's around $75....

Go RIDERS!!

I am almost certain that even if you request personalized plates in Ontario and are approved, you do not actually own the plates. The cost is for the right to use it only. Nor can you sell them as they are not transferrable.
Just another way to grab some extra dough ...

Well, I can't speak to whether one "ownes" the plate or not but I can say that we aquired the plate for my father in the 80's when he retired. He used it for 7 or 8 years and when he quit driving the plate hung in his basement for several years, not renewed.
Almost 15 years after my Dad passed away I purchased the Vette and thought it would be nice to resurrect the plate. A quick visit to the local Service Ontario Office revealed that since I was the estate executor I was able to transfer the plate into my name; for a fee of course (and yes, I still had the original 'plate portion' of the ownership/registration; taped to the back of the plate - thanks Dad).
So regardless of whether you "own" the plate or not it seems the Province will not re-issue the same letter/number combination. Either that or nobody requested the AT EZ combination in the 20 or so year interim.

Regardless, it made my day to be able to hang that plate on my girl! :canada:

I am almost certain that even if you request personalized plates in Ontario and are approved, you do not actually own the plates. The cost is for the right to use it only. Nor can you sell them as they are not transferrable.
Just another way to grab some extra dough ...

A personalized plate is no different than a regular plate and they CAN be transfered. I transfered the plates when I transfered my moms car to my name

[mob][/mob]have installed XQQQQZME and have also bought for some time down the road 2013C6GS and because I am a huge Bruins fan I have BSTNFANN on my Equinox.
[mob][/mob]

Even if I could think of something cool to put on a vanity plate, I'm too cheap to pay the extra money .
Today I was driving behind a clapped out old Chevy Cavalier... And spent several Kilometers wondering why anyone would pay good money to display the word "MUDFLAP" on a vanity plate ? :confused:

To each his own I guess.. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.