Oct 18, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Grand Sport
Province
ON
Hi Members,

Can anyone help me get a valuation on a 2018 Grandsport 2LT with 40K Kms, excellent condition. Wholesale vs Retail.

thx

Hi Members,

Can anyone help me get a valuation on a 2018 Grandsport 2LT with 40K Kms, excellent condition. Wholesale vs Retail.

thx
I would put retail in the high fifties. 40k kilometers is a higher mileage car than many of that year. Its a 2 LT car so not a full load.
Thx for insight.

Yes mileage is a bit high.

Sorry it also has $15K in upgrades, ie Auto Transmission, Metalic Paint, GS Package, Black GS iRims, Bose Audio Navi, Carbon Fiber package.

Does that make it any higher? I was thinking $60-$65K retail. Does that sound right?

Last edited:
Thx for insight.

Yes mileage is a bit high.

Sorry it also has $15K in upgrades, ie Auto Transmission, Metalic Paint, GS Package, Black GS iRims, Bose Audio Navi, Carbon Fiber package.

Does that make it any higher? I was thinking $60-$65K retail. Does that sound right?
Maybe. I don't like the mileage. But you probably make a good argument for early 60’s.

Reactions: ccltj
Maybe. I don't like the mileage. But you probably make a good argument for early 60’s.
agreed on mileage, unfortunately I love to drive it!

Should I expect a big price drop in a years time? I planning to keep it for another year, sell end of next summer. July/Aug. Any thoughts?

btw love your ride, the Chrome on Black looks amazing!!

Last edited:
agreed on mileage, unfortunately love to drive it!

Do I expect a big price drop in a years time? I planning to keep it for another year, sell end of next summer. July/Aug. Any thoughts?

btw love your ride, the Chrome Rims on Black looks amazing!!
Thanks!

My opinion is you don't seriously damage the value at this point with another 15,000 kilometers. I would think a year from now would be normal deprecciation (6%) adjusted for mileage. So maybe high fifties. Just my uneducated opinion.

Thanks!

My opinion is you don't seriously damage the value at this point with another 15,000 kilometers. I would think a year from now would be normal deprecciation (6%) adjusted for mileage. So maybe high fifties. Just my uneducated opinion.
Perfect..that sounds fair to me. Thanks again

Mileage is important to some and less so to others. Higher mileage from long road trips might be more acceptable to buyers than from lots of daily driving. I'm racking up miles on my 2017 GS driving to Arizona and back every year on I-15 with a posted speed limit of 80 MPH for most of the 1800 miles each way. Don't think it hurts the car very much. It will be interesting to see what impact that has on resale if I ever sell it. We bought a 2009 GMC Acadia to keep in Arizona. It had 120,000 miles, one owner, a snowbird couple from Wisconsin who drove it back and forth every year. Car was perfect with all maintenance records so the high miles didn't scare us and 3 years later the vehicle is still perfect.

I took a quick look on autotrader, as well as thru Manheim and Adesa auctions. Very very few 2018's, almost all 2017's and dealers are asking $65 - $80 retail depending on mileage and equipment level. Auction pricing is about $6,000 less. The one caveat I didn't see any with your mileage but most around ~ 25k-30k

I took a quick look on autotrader, as well as thru Manheim and Adesa auctions. Very very few 2018's, almost all 2017's and dealers are asking $65 - $80 retail depending on mileage and equipment level. Auction pricing is about $6,000 less. The one caveat I didn't see any with your mileage but most around ~ 25k-30k

Thanks my friend

so $65k retail is a good # at the least?

I think 65 is high, hard to compete with a dealer and the mileage will sting a bit, but I think you could probably start 60 - 61. Keep in mind your warranty may also play into it especially with dealers giving min 30 days and some offering 12 months. If you have any remaining warranty, you may want to list now to gauge interest. Again, just my 2 cents😏

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I think 65 is high, hard to compete with a dealer and the mileage will sting a bit, but I think you could probably start 60 - 61. Keep in mind your warranty may also play into it especially with dealers giving min 30 days and some offering 12 months. If you have any remaining warranty, you may want to list now to gauge interest. Again, just my 2 cents😏
appreeciate the insight! thx again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.